Device to unlock & disarm Honda & Toyota Cars

rickosw

Hi,

Reading this article, what is this device that can that can quickly unlock and disarm the sirens on Toyota and Honda cars ?

prior it was saying that JB thief have the "Master Key" to Honda cars as well .... is that possible ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-car-belonging-to-animal-activist-stolen-in-johor-baru

SINGAPORE - An animal welfare activist has successfully recovered his stolen car, more than 24 hours after it vanished in Johor Baru on Monday (May 16) evening. 

Mr Derrick Tan's second-hand silver Toyota Mark X, which he bought just weeks ago, had been stolen while he was having a massage with three other friends at Yisheng Reflexology in Jalan Serampang at around 8.15pm.

As it was late and the parking lots near the massage parlour were full, he parked a litte further away. But when they emerged two hours later, his car was gone without a trace. 

The 35-year-old's wallet, passport and personal belongings had been left in the vehicle. 

Happily for Mr Tan, he announced in a Facebook post early Wednesday (May 18) morning that his car had been retrieved and he had since returned to Singapore. 

"A very expensive price paid for this lesson well learnt," wrote Mr Tan, who has a substantial following on Facebook due to his animal welfare work at Voices For Animals. 

He also thanked his family and friends who supported him during the crisis, as well as fellow Singaporeans and people from Malaysia who reached out to assist. 

While the car was recovered intact, it was emptied of his belongings, Mr Tan said in response to queries from concerned friends on his Facebook post. 

He had earlier asked for help in a Facebook post - which has since been deleted - on Monday night. "Please help share! My car got stolen in JB Malaysia! Please help me share SLB7735P silver Color Toyota Mark X!! Please help me share esp friends in Malaysia! My passport and belongings are all in the car!" he wrote. 

The post was shared more than 8,000 times as of 5.30pm on Tuesday. Mr Tan said that many people have offered him money and help, even strangers who have never met him.

The car thieves have also been using his credit card, which Mr Tan quickly cancelled. But before cancelling the card, he received a few SMSes about the transactions made.

Some of his Facebook friends suggested that he trace the shops where the transactions were made, and ask them for CCTV footage of those who used the card.

Mr Tan also told The Straits Times on Tuesday afternoon that he was waiting for his temporary passport at the Singapore consulate in Johor Baru, and that a friend had driven to Malaysia to pick him up. 

This was only Mr Tan's third trip to Johor with the Mark X. When he reported the case to the Malaysian police, they guessed that it was a Mark X once he told them it was a Toyota.

"The police said they (the thieves) love Toyota Mark X's as the parts are easy to sell," he said.

He added that police told him the car thieves have a device that can quickly unlock and disarm the sirens on Toyota and Honda cars.

"It's scary to lose your car in Johor Baru," he said. "I just want people to be more aware of the danger when they drive here."

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hi,

Reading this article, what is this device that can that can quickly unlock and disarm the sirens on Toyota and Honda cars ?

prior it was saying that JB thief have the "Master Key" to Honda cars as well .... is that possible ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-car-belonging-to-animal-activist-stolen-in-johor-baru

SINGAPORE - An animal welfare activist has successfully recovered his stolen car, more than 24 hours after it vanished in Johor Baru on Monday (May 16) evening. 

Mr Derrick Tan's second-hand silver Toyota Mark X, which he bought just weeks ago, had been stolen while he was having a massage with three other friends at Yisheng Reflexology in Jalan Serampang at around 8.15pm.

As it was late and the parking lots near the massage parlour were full, he parked a litte further away. But when they emerged two hours later, his car was gone without a trace. 

The 35-year-old's wallet, passport and personal belongings had been left in the vehicle. 

Happily for Mr Tan, he announced in a Facebook post early Wednesday (May 18) morning that his car had been retrieved and he had since returned to Singapore. 

"A very expensive price paid for this lesson well learnt," wrote Mr Tan, who has a substantial following on Facebook due to his animal welfare work at Voices For Animals. 

He also thanked his family and friends who supported him during the crisis, as well as fellow Singaporeans and people from Malaysia who reached out to assist. 

While the car was recovered intact, it was emptied of his belongings, Mr Tan said in response to queries from concerned friends on his Facebook post. 

He had earlier asked for help in a Facebook post - which has since been deleted - on Monday night. "Please help share! My car got stolen in JB Malaysia! Please help me share SLB7735P silver Color Toyota Mark X!! Please help me share esp friends in Malaysia! My passport and belongings are all in the car!" he wrote. 

The post was shared more than 8,000 times as of 5.30pm on Tuesday. Mr Tan said that many people have offered him money and help, even strangers who have never met him.

The car thieves have also been using his credit card, which Mr Tan quickly cancelled. But before cancelling the card, he received a few SMSes about the transactions made.

Some of his Facebook friends suggested that he trace the shops where the transactions were made, and ask them for CCTV footage of those who used the card.

Mr Tan also told The Straits Times on Tuesday afternoon that he was waiting for his temporary passport at the Singapore consulate in Johor Baru, and that a friend had driven to Malaysia to pick him up. 

This was only Mr Tan's third trip to Johor with the Mark X. When he reported the case to the Malaysian police, they guessed that it was a Mark X once he told them it was a Toyota.

"The police said they (the thieves) love Toyota Mark X's as the parts are easy to sell," he said.

He added that police told him the car thieves have a device that can quickly unlock and disarm the sirens on Toyota and Honda cars.

"It's scary to lose your car in Johor Baru," he said. "I just want people to be more aware of the danger when they drive here."

Yes. All cars' security can be bypassed easily. But the higher end cars will be harder la. That is why, people use steering lock and other kinds of physical lock as additional deterrence, cuz those are harder to get past. The electronic security systems of every car is easy to bypass if the thief knows how.

I wonder why the need the clarify where he parked.

Maybe Yisheng Reflexology is the most decent business in the vicinity to justify him being away for 2 hours in that area.

[sly]

Hi,

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I can never understand why anyone will leave his wallet and passport in the car.

Well he did go to a massage parlour..... don't want to bring too much cash there, if you know what I mean...

I can't even understand why anyone will leave their children or pets in the car too

Very strange, I have never heard of anybody leaving their mother in law in their car.

[laugh]

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Very strange, I have never heard of anybody leaving their mother in law in their car.

[laugh]

Wow, it's a good deterrent.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

wallet and passport in car? WA this guy must be going to massage parlour to collect $$$ instead of spending $$$.. And why delete post? Must be kena warning by the local militia..

Think more of a case of illegal parking.. Parked at the wrong place kena towed.. As for the claims that things are lost.. It's after all just a one sided story.

(edited)

to me.....all electronics security is still able to be compromised.  So I still depend on old school method....Get a good quality steering lock and lock up whenever i go into bolehland......also, I will remove all GPS....even car video cam from the car when I inside.....leaving passport inside is a no no......there is no point having a car cam if they break your wind screen and take the cam away.....and the cam is a magnet for car thief...

Edited by LoverofCar

Twincharged

Must remember to remove dashcam also. Now they like to target the dashcam cuz alot of people leave it in their cars.