Home window - Sliding or casement?

Bluepica

Hi,

Planning to reno my home and change all the windows. Old HDB flat, no extend ledge on top, thus have to close window whenever rain.

What is you take of the differences between sliding and casement windows? and also with or without top-hung section.

To me, casement window will direct wind blow into the flat but sliding window will not. Sliding window easier to open close. casement window more sound proof? (my room facing E'way)

Having top-hung window, they say at least got ventilation when heavy rain have to close all other windows but I don't feel the different. Worst, cleaning the window more leceh compare to cleaning one whole piece...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

:grin:

img_7873.jpg

I am currently living in this type of flat but my door definitely more old school!

• Praise 2

Give you more headache  [laugh]

I am using this sliding casement windows:

index_3pic.jpg

Good especially if you are high floor and faces some decently nice scenery.

• Praise 1

index_3pic.jpg

mine can only see tree top :grin:

Casement can open wide wide

open wide wide but when close almost half ur body out the window to close it, dangerous for old ppl lei

Casement with top hung. [thumbsup]

For casement window, rain will splatter in when raining... I always wonder if I can stick a high quality plastic sheet on top between the top of the window and the frame like a rectangular shape so that I don't need to close window even when it rains.... problem is, I can't close the window unless I tear off this plastic sheet....

index_3pic.jpg

how do you clean the outside window ?

• Praise 1

[smash]

I ever saw the casement window in US before they have this winding mechanism macam those car manual window... wind it to open out or close in...think SG don't have

tie strings. :grin:

• Praise 1

Lagi easier compared to fixed casement.

Main reason is because you can slide each of the panel to whichever position you want and each panel can swing >90 degrees.

So my method is to slide all the panels to one side, then one by one pull each panel from the bunch. this panel can be closed (0 degree) to clean the inner surface. Then flip it almost 180 degree to wipe the "oute side" which is facing you now.

Treetop is good lar.... can see birds..... sure relaxing!

mine can only see tree top :grin:

to close or open a casement window, we only need to stretch our arm to pull the lower portion of the window, it is not that difficult. :)

when the window panel is perpendicular to the wall... 

• Praise 2

Lagi easier compared to fixed casement.

Main reason is because you can slide each of the panel to whichever position you want and each panel can swing >90 degrees.

So my method is to slide all the panels to one side, then one by one pull each panel from the bunch. this panel can be closed (0 degree) to clean the inner surface. Then flip it almost 180 degree to wipe the "oute side" which is facing you now.

Treetop is good lar.... can see birds..... sure relaxing!

interesting although I cannot really visualise it...how much do you pay ? Must be a bomb.

to close or open a casement window, we only need to stretch our arm to pull the lower portion of the window, it is not that difficult. :)

when the window panel is perpendicular to the wall... 

haha sorry cannot visualize it ... and how much you paid for yours ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1