Home window - Sliding or casement?

Bluepica

Since you cannot decide just follow HDB template. Sliding with over hung windows in the living room and bedrooms, casement windows with overhung windows for the kitchen. Done.

Tell yourself this: It's not 365 days that's windy and it's not 365 days that's raining.

120 days hot

120 days rain

120 days haze 

[laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

tie strings. :grin:

I tried this.

The strings (those type tie parcels one…) became brittle having to tahan the sun for prolonged period. After a year or so, they snapped when pulled.

should recycle from your army toggle ropes.

I tried this.

The strings (those type tie parcels one…) became brittle having to tahan the sun for prolonged period. After a year or so, they snapped when pulled.

should recycle from your army toggle ropes.

1) Wah lao… how to tie?? i had chosen thin (and I tot durable) strings as I need to secure it to the handle/lock of the casement window. After tying, the handle/lock must still allow the windows to be shut properly and locked properly (means turn the handle). If too thick, cannot turn/lock anymore.

2) Toggle ropes to me is history liao leh… whole full pack gave to ex-colleague years ago when i finished my obligation, and he hasn't finished his.

1) Wah lao⦠how to tie?? i had chosen thin (and I tot durable) strings as I need to secure it to the handle/lock of the casement window. After tying, the handle/lock must still allow the windows to be shut properly and locked properly (means turn the handle). If too thick, cannot turn/lock anymore.

2) Toggle ropes to me is history liao leh⦠whole full pack gave to ex-colleague years ago when i finished my obligation, and he hasn't finished his.

Elastic_rope_with_plastic_hook_luggage_r

Supersonic

1) Wah lao⦠how to tie?? i had chosen thin (and I tot durable) strings as I need to secure it to the handle/lock of the casement window. After tying, the handle/lock must still allow the windows to be shut properly and locked properly (means turn the handle). If too thick, cannot turn/lock anymore.

2) Toggle ropes to me is history liao leh⦠whole full pack gave to ex-colleague years ago when i finished my obligation, and he hasn't finished his.

Where to buy?

Sometimes I transport large goods, boot cannot close. Can I use this? 

Where to buy?

Had seen this before in hardware and DIY stores.

Dunno if can use or not though...

Hmm… let me see if this works. I should have one in my car, actually...

tks...

• Praise 1

Where to buy?

logo.png

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Had seen this before in hardware and DIY stores.

Dunno if can use or not though...

Hmm… let me see if this works. I should have one in my car, actually...

tks...

consperm work

I use this to close my door

the hook is flexible metal

just use strength to curl around the handle bar

I tag on to this topic, anyone got recommendation of fly netting for windows in Singapore? Found some websites via google but was wondering if anyone has experience with a reliable supplier.

Mine is magicseal, so far ok.

Turbocharged

I have been very fortunate to be staying in a matured HDB estate with MRT station just a stone throw away.

But recently, I need to do some recording as well as  attend zoom meeting and I realized that the background environmental (traffic) sound can be quite noisy.

I am thinking of changing the windows so that it could help reduce some noise from  outside.

Are there such windows and are they expensive? Or would acoustic foam panels work?

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

I have been very fortunate to be staying in a matured HDB estate with MRT station just a stone throw away.

But recently, I need to do some recording as well as  attend zoom meeting and I realized that the background environmental (traffic) sound can be quite noisy.

I am thinking of changing the windows so that it could help reduce some noise from  outside.

Are there such windows and are they expensive? Or would acoustic foam panels work?

You still can WFH?

Saw this link.

https://noiseplaster.com/windows?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoOKn1sip9wIVCppmAh1f4wUSEAAYASAAEgK4LfD_BwE

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2