Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

42 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Limpeh belly rich mah , can repeat so many times K1 oso ……. Ok back to 🌲  and 🌸 and 🍎  🍉  🪴  🌱  since U k1 oni 😜

K1 level can only deal with seeds...no soil, no watering, no know what photo sin the sis...😁

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

K1 level can only deal with seeds...no soil, no watering, no know what photo sin the sis...😁

Alamak u really Skool holydaze type 😜😜u win lor …….. ok back to topic 

7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

You have to be quite old if you have ever eaten this, and older if you have seen the real tree itself. I dont know the name, we call it buah long long. Not grown by me, it is behind a row of shophouses around my area. 

I dont know how many of you have etan this before , the seed is spiky, look like a coronavirus 😅😅😅

20210611_183927.jpg

not true also, Giant and some  fruit stalls got sell leh, and juice stall also got. 

In MY, its a standard drink these days leh....

I think I sibei old liao, there were a few such trees nearby my house when I was a boy.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

7 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Buah Dong Dong …… or something like that sounding ….. can mix with rojak or just mix with soy sauce and some sugar and eat like salad 

we ate with black soy sauce mix with sugar and cut chili when I was a boy. Now sometimes we eat with sour plum powder.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

not true also, Giant and some  fruit stalls got sell leh, and juice stall also got. 

In MY, its a standard drink these days leh....

I think I sibei old liao, there were a few such trees nearby my house when I was a boy.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

to see one is rare , but you saw a few some more. uncle !  😀

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Kampong days I chop the sugar cane from my own backyard.

Me too,  just behind the house only.  We also planted tapiocas, bananas, papayas, tomato around the house... 

further behind the house was a bamboo forest, buay nong nong trees, rambutan and durian trees....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

to see one is rare , but you saw a few some more. uncle !  😀

In the 70's they were almost everywhere lah.

Even up till the 90's, LCK area still plenty of such trees, soldiers on foot sure have come across them, its got pay attention or not only....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
35 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Me too,  just behind the house only.  We also planted tapiocas, bananas, papayas, tomato around the house... 

further behind the house was a bamboo forest, buay nong nong trees, rambutan and durian trees....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Are we staying in the same kampong... we have the same type of fruits 😁😁

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Are we staying in the same kampong... we have the same type of fruits 😁😁

I think these are the very basic common stuffs back in the old days kumpongs....

Bukit timah by the way..........[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I think these are the very basic common stuffs back in the old days kumpongs....

Bukit timah by the way..........[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sembawang for me...

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

we ate with black soy sauce mix with sugar and cut chili when I was a boy. Now sometimes we eat with sour plum powder.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sugar and powder with the fruit itself is fine but my favourite is in icy drink with sour plum.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I only eat with black soya sauce. 

No sour plum powder.

My kampong not sweet pineapple also with black soya sauce.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

39 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Sugar and powder with the fruit itself is fine but my favourite is in icy drink with sour plum.

The drink I only learn it in MY many years back,  almost everywhere can get in MY.  Not long after, fruit juice stalls in SG started selling,  now even koufu drink stalls got sell liao.  But sibei gui....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I only eat with black soya sauce. 

No sour plum powder.

My kampong not sweet pineapple also with black soya sauce.

Sour pineapple we also use the black soya sauce,  but we add sugar and cut chili... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

The drink I only learn it in MY many years back,  almost everywhere can get in MY.  Not long after, fruit juice stalls in SG started selling,  now even koufu drink stalls got sell liao.  But sibei gui....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Boh pian...to quench the thirst for one...

The last time I went to bolehland...my aunty wanted to give me a boot of home grown buah long long...i declined becos I scared kena kopi lui at custom...😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 6/6/2021 at 1:35 PM, Ct3833 said:

My neighbor 's sugarcane was uprooted after a heavy rain yesterday , he asked me to take and try it. I dare not to use my teeth to peel it like i did when i was younger, so used a knife to deskinned it and cut it into pieces, it was sweet.

20210606_132456.thumb.jpg.612619be80336035e078f5a2d2c61cf4.jpg

20210606_123008.jpg

Yeah I have neighbours growing this, papaya and banna. The only problem is these plants hinder pedestrian footpath. People got to walk onto the road. For public spaces, best to limit to flowering plant. 

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Yeah I have neighbours growing this, papaya and banna. The only problem is these plants hinder pedestrian footpath. People got to walk onto the road. For public spaces, best to limit to flowering plant. 

If no one complain, then these people will treat the road outside their house as their own. Lol.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Waiting for my lady fingers to grow and next round of cai xin.

20210613_100912_copy_2268x3024_copy_2065x2630.jpg

20210613_101140_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210613_101151_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8