Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

Hypersonic
21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If no one complain, then these people will treat the road outside their house as their own. Lol.

Just close one eye lah.. everything also want complain.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
52 minutes ago, Tohto said:

It is not about complain but safety. If school children has to walk on the road and accident, then it no good for everybody 

Supercharged
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 8:28 PM, Civic101 said:

Actually mine is grown in a flower pot, the advantage is it will limit it from growing too big/tall, so maybe you can try growing too.

thinking but unfortunately my HDB dun have enough sun light access, only a couple of hours in the morning, after that totally no direct sun into the unit...[laugh]

i have tried planting chilli, also cannot make it, as not enough sun light...i moved them to the garden void deck....[laugh], still not growing well..

Supersonic
23 hours ago, Tohto said:

Sometimes good to complain cause then will create some things for these authority to work on?! [laugh]

Hypersonic

My little farm. 

Lady finger start blooming...

Strawberry I bought plant a few weeks ago. 

20210702_092511_copy_2268x3024.jpg

20210702_092523_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210702_092557_copy_2268x3024.jpg

20210702_092606_copy_3024x2268.jpg

• Praise 4

On 7/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, Tohto said:

My little farm. 

Didn’t know can grow strawberries in our weather. 👍

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Sour... 

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 3

(edited)

Saw this longan tree when walking around my neighborhood. 

This must have been planted long ago, the $ per sqft now is so expensive, the uncle should plant MSW 😅

20210716_190413.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 7/10/2021 at 3:04 PM, RH1667 said:

This was my experiment. I took the seeds from supermart strawberry, well after I eat the strawberries. 😁

Then I plant the seeds.

strawb.jpg

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

On 7/2/2021 at 12:29 PM, Tohto said:

My little farm. 

20210702_092511_copy_2268x3024.jpg

20210702_092523_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20210702_092606_copy_3024x2268.jpg

bro i tried grow strawberry.. i failed many times.

can you show more your strawberry secrets? thanks

33 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

This was my experiment. I took the seeds from supermart strawberry, well after I eat the strawberries. 😁

Then I plant the seeds.

strawb.jpg

bro i also need to learn from you. please teach me.

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Nolicense said:

bro i also need to learn from you. please teach me.

There are youtube videos on how to plant strawberry from seeds. Basically, it cost nothing, if you're buying a punnet of strawberries to eat.

The seeds are visible (staring in your face, but you may not know they are seeds) on the outside of the strawberry.

Some people picked them off with toothpicks. Some use a knife to slice off thinly the outer layer of flesh containing the seeds.

Then just prepare a pot. Plant the seeds, push them a little into the dirt, cover up with some dirt, water and wait. I use vermiculite (you can buy from nursery). When they grow bigger, you can just transplant them into regular soil or peat.

Most of them don't survive, the lucky one or two I get, they are very tiny seedlings. They take a long time to grow, but once it is established like mine, it grows more rapidly.

They start sending "runners" out, if the runners hit a wet patch like other soil, it can lay down roots. Then I can cut the runner and have new seedlings in another pot. No need to start from seed again. That will be the second gen of strawberry. According to a website, the second gen produce sweeter strawberries, although I've a long time to go to find out.

Now I'm happy just to keep them alive. Fruits I can wait.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

There are youtube videos on how to plant strawberry from seeds. Basically, it cost nothing, if you're buying a punnet of strawberries to eat.

The seeds are visible (staring in your face, but you may not know they are seeds) on the outside of the strawberry.

Some people picked them off with toothpicks. Some use a knife to slice off thinly the outer layer of flesh containing the seeds.

Then just prepare a pot. Plant the seeds, push them a little into the dirt, cover up with some dirt, water and wait. I use vermiculite (you can buy from nursery). When they grow bigger, you can just transplant them into regular soil or peat.

Most of them don't survive, the lucky one or two I get, they are very tiny seedlings. They take a long time to grow, but once it is established like mine, it grows more rapidly.

They start sending "runners" out, if the runners hit a wet patch like other soil, it can lay down roots. Then I can cut the runner and have new seedlings in another pot. No need to start from seed again. That will be the second gen of strawberry. According to a website, the second gen produce sweeter strawberries, although I've a long time to go to find out.

Now I'm happy just to keep them alive. Fruits I can wait.

yes i watch a ton of vids on youtube.. but sadly mine all dies. i think its the soil mix.. i just cant get it right...

• Praise 1

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

yes i watch a ton of vids on youtube.. but sadly mine all dies. i think its the soil mix.. i just cant get it right...

With free seeds, you can always try again. Vermiculite helps me.

Previously I failed with peat.

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

With free seeds, you can always try again. Vermiculite helps me.

Previously I failed with peat.

ok will try that.. i always thought our temperature of 29 to 34 C is too hot.. 

• Praise 1