Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

my capsicum also died. The leaves underside was full of white patches maciam spider house!

I seeded the capsicums, chillis and tomatos same time, the tomatos came spouting first, then the chillis, the capsicums no actions at all. I was working on the tomatos and chillis that I forgot to off the LED lights on the seeds, and I think the capsicum seeds dried and died.  [:(]  [:/]

↡ Advertisement

I seeded the capsicums, chillis and tomatos same time, the tomatos came spouting first, then the chillis, the capsicums no actions at all. I was working on the tomatos and chillis that I forgot to off the LED lights on the seeds, and I think the capsicum seeds dried and died. [:(][:/]

my capsicum grew to about 1/2 feet with many leaves but spiders and other insect came for a visit. My lady fingers grew to about a metres length beared some ladies finger and become botak and started to come out some funny looking ladies finger.....my place not enough sunlight......so i told my wife to just kill the plant.
  • Praise 1

my capsicum grew to about 1/2 feet with many leaves but spiders and other insect came for a visit. My lady fingers grew to about a metres length beared some ladies finger and become botak and started to come out some funny looking ladies finger.....my place not enough sunlight......so i told my wife to just kill the plant.

capsicum plants need to be top prune one, otherwise hard to manage. I havent try ladies fingers but heard is one of the easiest to grow, may consider later, but still more interested in the cucumbers. Fruiting plants need lots of lights, leafy veges can live with some shade, so i installed some T5 lights over my plants. My cai sim shoots almost got burned by the T5 lights.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

This one my forte you know.  [:p]  [:p]  [:p] ( not kia forte hor). [laugh]

ya..the idea is to "deflower"

and dont bear any "fruits" ..no "ciu buay" lolx 

jialat green fingers topic also become  [lipsrsealed]

@radx fault lolx

my capsicum also died. The leaves underside was full of white patches maciam spider house!

my capsicum also "died" (i think)

grew quite well (about 30cm tall)

then new leaves started turn rough crumbled and dried

so angry i cut all botak

no new leaves come out

stems still fresh

donno if it will live 

• Praise 8

capsicum plants need to be top prune one, otherwise hard to manage. I havent try ladies fingers but heard is one of the easiest to grow, may consider later, but still more interested in the cucumbers. Fruiting plants need lots of lights, leafy veges can live with some shade, so i installed some T5 lights over my plants. My cai sim shoots almost got burned by the T5 lights. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

ya...ladies finger easy to grow...need a lot of sun and water! The garden in ny work place got a lot of ladies fingers. They grew to about 2 metres in height. Then the aunties decided to cut away as it was getting a bit of work to get the lady fingers and planted other veggies.

ya..the idea is to "deflower"

and dont bear any "fruits" ..no "ciu buay" lolx

jialat green fingers topic also become [lipsrsealed]

@radx fault lolx

my capsicum also "died" (i think)

grew quite well (about 30cm tall)

then new leaves started turn rough crumbled and dried

so angry i cut all botak

no new leaves come out

stems still fresh

donno if it will live

wah....30cm is quite remarkable by my standard...
  • Praise 1

My goodness, your banana plant so small can bear fruits liao! [thumbsup]

14kg is very good yield, next time if cannot finish pls throw some at me. [:p]

How tall is your banana plant ah?

It's the dwarf kind, each trunk abt 1.2-1.3m tall when it starts flowering.

• Praise 2

Durian tree takes too long to fruit.

I heard the tod (short) durian tree can bear fruit at 5-7yrs but the normal tall ones is like 8-10 yrs! MY has some places selling these short trees....donr ask me how is the taste...nobody has invited me to eat the short tree durian before....am hopeful you will be the one..

seems like u guys have some trouble with capsicums but my father in law has quite a successful plant. but the capsicums are very small one haha. Maybe slightly bigger than the size of a durian seed 

seems like u guys have some trouble with capsicums but my father in law has quite a successful plant. but the capsicums are very small one haha. Maybe slightly bigger than the size of a durian seed 

That one is mini liao.  [laugh]

Ok i am going to try again, if successful I pick and pass to you all here.  ^_^

I heard the tod (short) durian tree can bear fruit at 5-7yrs but the normal tall ones is like 8-10 yrs! MY has some places selling these short trees....donr ask me how is the taste...nobody has invited me to eat the short tree durian before....am hopeful you will be the one..

• Praise 2

5-7 years? I think but from durian stall easier. [laugh]

Durian trees are real tall, how short can the tod be? wait grow liao drop into next door yard, get into a durian fight. [laugh]

hahaha......its the joy of having own fruit tree....its not about eating the fruit perse! The tod durian tree think can grow max 3 metres.....some kampung house have them maciam ornaments. I know one sg family have tod rambutan and pulasan on their yard. Got 1 even have longan.......damn envious sia! Fruit tree will undeniably attracts black or red ants.....thats the hazard. Durian will attract squirrels.......but i think squirrels are nice and cute to have around the garden.

ya bro....my place got no enough sunlight unless i turn my masterbed room balcony into a mini garden as it is facing the morning sun.

hahaha......its the joy of having own fruit tree....its not about eating the fruit perse! The tod durian tree think can grow max 3 metres.....some kampung house have them maciam ornaments. I know one sg family have tod rambutan and pulasan on their yard. Got 1 even have longan.......damn envious sia! Fruit tree will undeniably attracts black or red ants.....thats the hazard. Durian will attract squirrels.......but i think squirrels are nice and cute to have around the garden.

ya bro....my place got no enough sunlight unless i turn my masterbed room balcony into a mini garden as it is facing the morning sun.

Squirrels are a nuisance lah. Esp when they make ur roof their nest. Whole night can hear them running around. [dead]

My grandma place used to have all kinds of fruit trees, mango, rambutan, jackfruit, chiku, banana, pineapple and pandan leaves. Never bought fruits. Always fresh from the garden. [laugh]

Squirrels are a nuisance lah. Esp when they make ur roof their nest. Whole night can hear them running around. [dead]

My grandma place used to have all kinds of fruit trees, mango, rambutan, jackfruit, chiku, banana, pineapple and pandan leaves. Never bought fruits. Always fresh from the garden. [laugh]

wah...own fruit orchard......

post-60339-0-84497200-1492656242.jpg

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 7

How come this tree has fruits so close to the ground?

Malaysian calls it the tod tree....can be durian, rambutan or the likes...a friend bought both version back in the 90s for his home in jb...cost was about 300rm each but both didnt make it to fruition day.... Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 2

5-7 years? I think but from durian stall easier. [laugh]

Durian trees are real tall, how short can the tod be? wait grow liao drop into next door yard, get into a durian fight. [laugh]

Besides durian fight, more worrying is likely being sued; when fruits fall onto cars or people passing by.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 2