Green fingers anyone?

Piyopico

Supercharged

Got a herb garden at my yard. Just morning sun but managed to get my basil and mint growing.

My Rosemary died. Supposed to be resilent but cannot get it to grow.

Plus my mint getting lots of white aphids. Cannot seem to get rid of them. Tried crushing them daily, spray with citrus oil plus even introduced a spider to do the job. Nothing seems to work.

I wanna eat my herbs, so dun wanna use stuff that will get me killed.

Tips anyone ?

↡ Advertisement

Got a herb garden at my yard. Just morning sun but managed to get my basil and mint growing.

Plus my mint getting lots of white aphids. Cannot seem to get rid of them. Tried crushing them daily, spray with citrus oil plus even introduced a spider to do the job. Nothing seems to work.

Tips anyone ?

• Praise 2

I have 2 ladies fingers and 2 capsicum plants in pots and planters.......just trying to have a green finger while living in a high density building! Hope they grow and bare their produce!

• Praise 2

(edited)

Tips anyone ?

Edited by Tigershark1976
  • Praise 5

I have 2 ladies fingers and 2 capsicum plants in pots and planters.......just trying to have a green finger while living in a high density building! Hope they grow and bare their produce!

Lady finger is a good plant for newbie,  cause its 1 of the easiest plant to grow. Lady fingers needs a lot of sunlight and grow very rapidly. If planted on the ground, a healthy lady finger plant have around 7 to 12 leafs and the largest leafs could grow as big as 12 to 14 inches in diameter. But its very unlikely you could achieve that if you grow your lady finger in a pot.

• Praise 13

Supersonic
(edited)

I used to keep plants, leafy and flowering, until I got tired of taking care of it and they start to die.

If you ornamental type, it's usually clean and ok.

If you keep edible types, here comes the aphids, the caterpillars and what not. Nasty creatures.

Even when I stayed on the 8th floor, they can magically appears out of nowhere.

Edited by Kb27

neem oil buy from Little India, much cheaper and in concentrated form compared to those amazon or even supermarket kind.

can dilute yourself and put in spray bottle.

but must warn the smell is jin strong.... reminds you of Little India all day long if it gets into your house....

:grin:

rosemary don't like water

too much water they die

very normal

as for those white shit,

http://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Gro-Pure-Neem-Natural-Polish/dp/B0012BGXVQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1463641140&sr=8-6&keywords=neem+oil

• Praise 1

neem oil buy from Little India, much cheaper and in concentrated form compared to those amazon or even supermarket kind.

can dilute yourself and put in spray bottle.

but must warn the smell is jin strong.... reminds you of Little India all day long if it gets into your house....

:grin:

thanks for the tip man!!!! [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

hahaha

i also wondering the same thing.

dunno lah.

still quite amazing to see these fruits growing in hdb!

Town council never orh gong huh? Especially the watermelons.... drop on the head no joke leh.

anyway watermelons I always thought they are grown on the ground one?

Supercharged

Never heard of using spider to control aphids. The only insect I know that eat aphids is ladybird but I think its difficult to find ladybirds in Singapore nowadays.

Aphids are very difficult to get rid of, unless pesticide is use. Nicotine was widely use in pesticides few decades ago but its very dangerous to human and is banned in many coutries.If you are smoker, keep your ciggarette butts and soak it in water. The nicotine in the cigarette butts will disolved in the water. Use the solutions to spray underneath of the leafs.

I tried it in my papaya plant that I planted at my balcony to kill the aphids and it works.

Anyway, I was a bit surprise to hear that aphid attacks your mint as mints leaf it self could be grinded and use a form of natural pesticide. you want to post some photo of the mint you planted?

These are the nasty white aphids that fly.

post-24074-0-34069100-1463727793_thumb.jpeg

Supercharged

I grow lime, mint, rosemary and jasmine

jasmine is this one:

Jasmine-vine.jpg

very nice smell

Wow nice!

Do you use the flowers or leaves as condiments or tea?

Wow nice!

Do you use the flowers or leaves as condiments or tea?

no, just smell nice that's all

I got make lime juice from my lime plants, mix with honey, when I wasn't feeling too well last time

I als got grow pandan

but I am not using it

↡ Advertisement