Washington DC USA, Sights and Sounds

Boringchap

On this thread, I'll share some videos on the sights and sounds of Washington DC, the capital of USA.

In honour of MCF, the first two videos will be on cars.

Here is one.  A 1977 Honda Civic.  This car revolutionized American car industry.  Did this car come to Singapore?

Here is the second.  This car was called the Tucker Automobile from 1948.  It was a commercial failure. 

↡ Advertisement

While walking in the morning, suddenly fire engines and emergency vehicles screamed by.  But didn't see any fire.

There are many good and free museums in DC. 

I really liked the Air and Space museum at the National Mall and wished I had the opportunity to visit their other location too.  But one is better than nothing.  There was this beautiful scale model of USS Enterprise CVN 65.  Gorgeous.

The better airplane museum is the other half of the Smithsonian at Udvar-Hazy out by Ronald Reagan International - you can see the SR-71, Enola Gay, and quite a lot of extremely rare WW2 aircraft there without the throngs of crowds you get in DC.

• Praise 2

(edited)

The better airplane museum is the other half of the Smithsonian at Udvar-Hazy out by Ronald Reagan International - you can see the SR-71, Enola Gay, and quite a lot of extremely rare WW2 aircraft there without the throngs of crowds you get in DC.

Thanks.  I was aware of that, but I had no time to make that trip, unfortunately.  It is near Dulles airport.

Edited by Boringchap
↡ Advertisement