Car accident in Australia

Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)

My original point was comparing Aussie drivers to us.

I believe Aussie drivers will be more tolerant to hoggers and other road behavior, users in general as compared to us cos they don't live in a fast paced environment. You seem to think it's an excuse and all boils down to bad behavior, then can I conclude you have bad behavior (based on your theory) as well based on your impatience towards hoggers?

I agree.

I drive differently when I'm on holiday or even extended leave vs when I'm like trying to maximise time on wkends or getting home from work.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I believe Aussie drivers will be more tolerant to hoggers and other road behavior, users in general as compared to us cos they don't live in a fast paced environment. You seem to think it's an excuse and all boils down to bad behavior, then can I conclude you have bad behavior (based on your theory) as well based on your impatience towards hoggers?

In Aust, hogger tend to stick to the left.  Try road hog in the right & see whether kenna F up & down or not.

In Sg, hogger tend to stick to the right cause limpeh pays road tax what.  We tolerate this type of bad behaviour in the name of patient.

Impatient towards hoggers vs roadhogger.

LTA/TP FTW

• Praise 1

I agree.

I drive differently when I'm on holiday or even extended leave vs when I'm like trying to maximise time on wkends or getting home from work.

Live as close as possible to your workplace [laugh]

Wkend is a relaxing time.  That's why Ang Moh country no shop open.

Luckily u skip grampians. I went in feb....freezing like hell at nite. You cant last 5 mins outdoors!

Now almost winter....will be even colder.

Hope they r all right. I just came back on tues nite frm melbourne. I skipped grampians n opted for ballarat instead.

In aust. I really follow law. Board says 60km. Best stick to it. Esp we r in a foreign land.

So much wiser to take it slow while on holiday right... enjoy the scenery n cool weather

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Like Lala , I am an inpatient driver also. But I never drive remotely dangerous. It takes skills and experience to do that. Ahem.

I don't taunt hoggers but just overtake them.

My own Brother , he drives like a snail. Every time I sit his car I feel suffocated. Lol.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

I believe Aussie drivers will be more tolerant to hoggers and other road behavior, users in general as compared to us cos they don't live in a fast paced environment. You seem to think it's an excuse and all boils down to bad behavior, then can I conclude you have bad behavior (based on your theory) as well based on your impatience towards hoggers?

I beg to differ. Aussies don't hog not beacuase they may be considerate drivers but they do not due to the reality of the fine that comes with hogging which their TP enforce with glee.

I beg to differ. Aussies don't hog not beacuase they may be considerate drivers but they do not due to the reality of the fine that comes with hogging which their TP enforce with glee.

Just to clarify, I'm not justifying Aussies as considerate drivers but more trying to explain the possible reasons behind the behaviour of Singapore drivers. See my earlier posts n u will get the full picture.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Front passenger is very important to keep the driver awake.. Need to be the chatty type, instead of the sleepy type.

I recently did a road trip where my front passenger (an old friend, also a seasoned driver) slept most of the way on the long highway miles but TCSS in city/town when I am trying to find navigate, look for potholes, avoiding crazy vehicles etc [furious]

reminded me of why I like to drive solo.

we were supposed to travel separately in our own vehicles but he changed his mind the night before the trip and I had to detour abt 120km in Msia to pick him up. When I reached his house in the morning at the agreed time he was still sleeping arrrggggghhhh

ideal front passenger - can TCSS to keep driver awake during boring sections of the drive, help to navigate, watch for road hazards. Best if doesn't pick nose or scratch here n there. Unfortunately such pple are few and far inbetween.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Inexperience + Dangerous junction + Not wearing seat belt = Perfect storm.

Hope the victims pull thru this n recover well.

• Praise 4

Aussie are safe and polite drivers.  We were surprised that they stopped their cars to let us cross the small road in Brisbane.  The cars behind did not horn at the driver at all.

This will not happen in Singapore.  No car will stop to let you cross, even if it does, the car behind will horn like mad. 

not totally true lah, <_< ...........also came across many Aussies who drive like no tomorrow.

I Sinkapor lau lang always give way to people crossing you know,.....some more never horn hor

you talk macham Sinkapor lang so cham like that [mad]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I googled map the cross junction.. Quiet and ulu road. Not many traffic. Either both drivers sleeping or speeding due to the low traffic condition on both side, that the cars didn't slow down at the junction.

post-23584-0-40201600-1464671091_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Many sgprean have limited experience with long distance driving because we are so used to driving on this small island. We at times forget to find rest area when get tired after long hours of driving. The other problem is when going on a long trip like interstate highway, we unknowingly or consciously driving at a higher speed that they are not so used to, it can be very dangerous when exceptions happen or when overtaking with a wrong judgement of speed and distance. Seat belt is important but we mcf folks should advocate safe and responsible driving behavior when travelling abroad.

I whish the 5 of them a speedy recovery.

Malaysia's NSHW is a good place to start learning proper highway driving technique and etiquette.

Anyway, When i was 25 yo, i also did a road trip down under.. Rented a 4lit Ford Falcon and drove great ocean road over 3d2n with my ex-gf (now wife).. One of the best driving road in the world..

then 2 years back, i up the level and drove in Taiwan.. Rented a 1.6lit Ford Focus, and took the eastern coastal road from Taipei down to Hualien, then cut across the central mountain range (via Taroko gorge) from Hualien to Taichung.. This road is even better than great ocean road.. Whole driving trip lasted 6d5n.. 

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

This is so true. The locals really stick to it. You go a bit faster you feel so out of place from the rest.

or probably just landed and tired. I know many fellas take rental car from airport directly after red eye flight from SG, then go on long drive.

I did that once and had to stop at a rest stop because my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore. I feel asleep in seconds. Wife and kids were in car.

My perspective of a holiday is rest and relax. Going through long hrs of tiring drive after a long flight doesn't seem to fit into that category.
  • Praise 1

I recently did a road trip where my front passenger (an old friend, also a seasoned driver) slept most of the way on the long highway miles but TCSS in city/town when I am trying to find navigate, look for potholes, avoiding crazy vehicles etc [furious]

reminded me of why I like to drive solo.

we were supposed to travel separately in our own vehicles but he changed his mind the night before the trip and I had to detour abt 120km in Msia to pick him up. When I reached his house in the morning at the agreed time he was still sleeping arrrggggghhhh

ideal front passenger - can TCSS to keep driver awake during boring sections of the drive, help to navigate, watch for road hazards. Best if doesn't pick nose or scratch here n there. Unfortunately such pple are few and far inbetween.

if it is a she i will let her nap and just drive slowly loh, if it is a guy knn  i will definitely wake him up!!!! this type of thing must have have a sense of responsibility, last time i was in china travelling with my family and a local friend, i was awake all the way talking, looking out and  reminding my local friend while she was driving, i just let my family nap behind loh. since I cannot drive in  china so the best sensible thing i could do was  help to look out for potential dangers. 

• Praise 1

U need to watch "Car crash compilation Australia" and "Road rage compilation Australia". [laugh]

https://www.google.com.sg/?gws_rd=ssl#q=car+crash+compilation+australia

https://www.google.com.sg/?gws_rd=ssl#q=road+rage+compilation+australia

↡ Advertisement