Turn steering wheel, let go of wheel, car keeps turning

Keen

Jb is cowboy town.

JB only got backyard workshop.

Jb anyhow fix car.

That's because one never do research and asked to be hammered.

go many years , just kanna once enough for your to reflect and think what if your car engine stalled by some works. how are u going to go back sg?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Forum,

I have a similar issue with my Mazda 5 - 2010 model.. The car had lower control arm issues as it made the noise when you go on a bumpy road. My mechanic showed me after hoisting the car that lower control arm needs to be replaced. He also showed me how my brand new tires were unevenly being worn out.

After replacing the lower control arms on both sides the car steering got weird. When i drive and it hits any bumps the steeering goes whack.. it will be very unstable seems like it wants to turn where ever it feels like. If i make a left turn, the steering doesnt come back if i leave the steering and locks it self to sorta making left turn forever.

One opinion is to change the struts .. not sure if that would work.. any help is appreciated.

Watch the above YouTube.

The mechanic did not install the caster angle properly?

Edited by Yewheng

Neutral Newbie

Hi Forum,

I have a similar issue with my Mazda 5 - 2010 model.. The car had lower control arm issues as it made the noise when you go on a bumpy road. My mechanic showed me after hoisting the car that lower control arm needs to be replaced. He also showed me how my brand new tires were unevenly being worn out.

After replacing the lower control arms on both sides the car steering got weird. When i drive and it hits any bumps the steeering goes whack.. it will be very unstable seems like it wants to turn where ever it feels like. If i make a left turn, the steering doesnt come back if i leave the steering and locks it self to sorta making left turn forever.

One opinion is to change the struts .. not sure if that would work.. any help is appreciated.

Hey there try and check you ball joint bolts my camry did same thing today I pulled in and was missing 2 nuts and the 3rd was backing out on the ball joint

Supersonic

Turn steering wheel, let go of wheel, car keeps turning - HELP

I went for wheel alignment, all is good. 2 reputable workshop can't find any solutions. ð

TS, so how did you solve the problem before you sold your car ? Looks like you have changed to a swift.

TS's problem has to do with the front wheels camber angle. It's how the wheel is position in the angle that "pushes" the fronts wheels back after a turn.

TS, so how did you solve the problem before you sold your car ? Looks like you have changed to a swift.

I repaired the steering rack and it got better by 80%.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I repaired the steering rack and it got better by 80%.

Thanks for sharing. I am driving old car, so this kind of info will always helpful as i may need to apply it one day.
↡ Advertisement