Is This Your Fav & Must Eat In BKK?

Yeobt

Supercharged

i'm wondering if is from the same hawker from bkk. anyone tried?

20160528_190417_zps0rycw2jt.jpg

20160528_190455_zpsutpamxwk.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i'm wondering if is from the same hawker from bkk. anyone tried?

20160528_190417_zps0rycw2jt.jpg

20160528_190455_zpsutpamxwk.jpg

You mean eat in Sg or bkk? If in bkk, I'll do what the bangkokians do and steer clear of Sg food.. You'll never hv enuf time to finish all the good food in bkk, let alone eat Sg food there!
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

You mean eat in Sg or bkk? If in bkk, I'll do what the bangkokians do and steer clear of Sg food.. You'll never hv enuf time to finish all the good food in bkk, let alone eat Sg food there!

Supercharged

I don't understand why people go oversees and eat things they eat regularly back home (e.g. MacDonalds in Japan).

The must-eat-in-BKK for me has to be T&K Seafood at Yaowarat.

Er... Actually I do. Not that I will plan a meal from McDonald's when I'm overseas but I will make an effort to try overseas fast food when possible as snack. The taste actually varies and certain burgers are only available in other countries (like the pork burger).

• Praise 1

I don't understand why people go oversees and eat things they eat regularly back home (e.g. MacDonalds in Japan).

The must-eat-in-BKK for me has to be T&K Seafood at Yaowarat.

I eat MacDonalds overseas looking for PORK burger.

• Praise 1

Eating hotpot in hot weather reminds me of ppl smoking under the hot sun and sweating all over. If eating hotpot in some cold weather I can understand.

As for fastfood why can't we have pork burgers in some outlets. No offense to religion that do not eat pork. They have so many branches serving non-pork menu why can't they have a few exceptions. I mean we are a multi-cultural nation unlike our neighbouring countries. And we are not a nation that is govern by religion.

Why no mutton burger? We have beef but no mutton. So weird. I think we are mature enough to have pork burgers in some of the fastfood outlets. Japanese and Korean food outlets for example aren't being scutinised or penalised in any way, they still do well.

• Praise 1

Eating hotpot in hot weather reminds me of ppl smoking under the hot sun and sweating all over. If eating hotpot in some cold weather I can understand.

As for fastfood why can't we have pork burgers in some outlets. No offense to religion that do not eat pork. They have so many branches serving non-pork menu why can't they have a few exceptions. I mean we are a multi-cultural nation unlike our neighbouring countries. And we are not a nation that is govern by religion.

Why no mutton burger? We have beef but no mutton. So weird. I think we are mature enough to have pork burgers in some of the fastfood outlets. Japanese and Korean food outlets for example aren't being scutinised or penalised in any way, they still do well.

there is a lamb burger at Little Hiro   :D

Think it's a commercial decision from the fast food provider cos if you sell pork burgers than the kitchen is non halal and thus a whole lot of Muslim customers will not be able to patronize and thus you lose this market just to cater for much lesser Pork burger lovers.

Mutton burger I suspect will have the mutton smell which is normally gotten rid of by spices and as I don't think burger patties go well with spices, mutton patties will likely not sell well otherwise I'm sure the entrepreneurs of McDonalds. BK etc would have sold it, my 2 cents. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Think it's a commercial decision from the fast food provider cos if you sell pork burgers than the kitchen is non halal and thus a whole lot of Muslim customers will not be able to patronize and thus you lose this market just to cater for much lesser Pork burger lovers.

Mutton burger I suspect will have the mutton smell which is normally gotten rid of by spices and as I don't think burger patties go well with spices, mutton patties will likely not sell well otherwise I'm sure the entrepreneurs of McDonalds. BK etc would have sold it, my 2 cents. 

I agree, it's likely to be a commercial decision.

And not to be biased, our muslim friends do eat a lot of fast food cos very often, there's only like 1 stall out of every foodcourt (max 2 if u include indian-muslim food) that they can eat at. See already also sian haha  [laugh]

have you tried their famous wanton noodle in bkk? could this be from the same stall owner?

Ha-ha, no bro..and I'll never think of wan ton noodle in bkk.. too many varieties of thai food to whet my appetite, no time to think of Sg food..

Hypersonic

there is a lamb burger at Little Hiro   :D

As i grow older, the less i want to eat lamb. The taste of mutton seems to get stronger when u get older lol  [:|]

Old airport hawker centre has a wanton noodle stall which claims to be selling the famous BKK wanton noodles. Not tried it before. It's at the back facing, not very far from the famous Nam Seng Fried Hokkien noodles IIRC

• Praise 4

As i grow older, the less i want to eat lamb. The taste of mutton seems to get stronger when u get older lol  [:|]

i like it more since i hardly had the chance to eat it   [laugh]

Mutton must eat from Indian stalls cos their spices get rid of most of the smell.

Eg Mutton Briyani, Mutton satay which I prefer over beef satay though I'm a beef lover cos beef satay is tough if not done correctly.

Western dishes mutton is worst IMO eg Lamb chops cos theirs is sheep if not mistaken which has a stronger smell than goat. Chinese mutton soup normally uses herbs but the smell is still there unlike when using spices. Just my observation only.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Mutton must eat from Indian stalls cos their spices get rid of most of the smell.

Eg Mutton Briyani, Mutton satay which I prefer over beef satay though I'm a beef lover cos beef satay is tough if not done correctly.

Western dishes mutton is worst IMO eg Lamb chops cos theirs is sheep if not mistaken which has a stronger smell than goat. Chinese mutton soup normally uses herbs but the smell is still there unlike when using spices. Just my observation only.

I only eat mutton satay. Lamb chops i don't mind ordering once in a while at restuarant but seldom eat it.

Yeah the other stuff like briyani etc all not to my taste.

Haha both my mother and mother in law doesn't eat, so never seen in our home cooked meals.

• Praise 1

Old airport hawker centre has a wanton noodle stall which claims to be selling the famous BKK wanton noodles. Not tried it before. It's at the back facing, not very far from the famous Nam Seng Fried Hokkien noodles IIRC

lady owner? not very nice.. ate once......

prefer the sarawak noodles at haig road market instead

• Praise 2