YEN96

2009 model Honda Fit GE6 1.3 auto

Hi, can I check if the petrol tank capacity for honda fit GE6 1.3 auto is 42L ?

And, when low petrol warning indicator lights up...how much petrol is left ??

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Hi, can I check if the petrol tank capacity for honda fit GE6 1.3 auto is 42L ? - Yes

And, when low petrol warning indicator lights up...how much petrol is left ?? - About 7 litres

hi bros,

for 2009 honda fit onwards, is there any issues with its cvt gearbox?

thks.

The 09 fit/jazz are not using Cvt.. Last time my 1st car also Ge6 Jazz when I bought it around 2010.. They are using the norm 5spd auto gear.. No issue at all..

Yeah not CVT. Fuel consumption higher.

↡ Advertisement

Mine is a 08. How to know whether CVT or normal auto ? Still learning..

Mine is a 08. How to know whether CVT or normal auto ? Still learning..

If its a fit, shld be CVT, if it's a jazz then 5spd auto . One way to tell is to check if you have steering wheel mounted paddle shifts for the auto tranny (Jazz 1.3 & 1.5 came with that for the 5 spd auto), whereas PI fit 1.3s come strictly with the CVT without paddle shift.

For the CVT, your gear selector shld have PRNDSL vs the 5 spd which has PRNDS without the L

Also, the most telling way is to feel the drive, for the CVT fit, it accelerates without any noticeable gear changes wheras the conventonal 5spd will have the usual gear changes with the revs rising and falling. (Best way to test is through moderate to hard acceleration, and the difference will be noticeable)

CVT :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPs7Bzdhu_U

5spd conventional auto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp5NyX-2hMg

Edited by SiLangKia

wah v informative videos.. 

If its a fit, shld be CVT, if it's a jazz then 5spd auto . One way to tell is to check if you have steering wheel mounted paddle shifts for the auto tranny (Jazz 1.3 & 1.5 came with that for the 5 spd auto), whereas PI fit 1.3s come strictly with the CVT without paddle shift.

For the CVT, your gear selector shld have PRNDSL vs the 5 spd which has PRNDS without the L

Also, the most telling way is to feel the drive, for the CVT fit, it accelerates without any noticeable gear changes wheras the conventonal 5spd will have the usual gear changes with the revs rising and falling. (Best way to test is through moderate to hard acceleration, and the difference will be noticeable)

CVT :

5spd conventional auto:

Thanks bro silangkia....power info !! Learn a lots

• Praise 1

Apologize to revive this old topic. 

Is there common for the 1.3 CVT gearbox for Honda Fit to have oil leaks? How many mileage would it takes to have the same thing appear again?

Hi All,

Bought a 2nd hand Fit a few mths ago... and a few weeks ago, the engine light suddenly went "on", and i checked that the error code is P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold.

Went to a workshop and they told me cos I never speed my car long enough, carbon built up at the exhaust pipe area, nothing can be done with it.  So they just cleared the engine light with their device, and that's all.  Then after a few weeks, the engine light turned on again.

May I know any of you has such experience before?  According to the workshop i went to, they say such thing is very common in those eco cars like Fit/Jazz.  Not sure if it's true?

Hope to hear some advice from gurus here.

Thank you!

Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2019 at 8:17 AM, Twopiece said:

need advise / info - found a slight lag/free play during accelerate and braking. Anyone face this issue and resolution.

Edited by Colin03
↡ Advertisement