Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

(edited)

Adaquate power or not must not solely look at power alone. What is the weight of the Astra? They brag so much that this gen of Astra has lost weight. When fully loaded with your family members how did it perform? How about overtaking slower vehicles on the road?

I'm not a big fan of 3 cylinders becoz it's inherently "not balanced". The "not balance" is weight on the crankshaft when it's spinning. Even with the counter balance weight the 3 cylinder crankshaft is not as good as a 4 cylinder. Sure, the engineers can add balancer shaft or shafts in the engine to reduce vibration and noise but still it's one cylinder less. So much trouble to remove a cylinder for the sake of what? FC?

For me I would choose the 1.4L TC inline4 but that would put it in CatB. Needless to say AD bring the 1.0L turbo is to have something to compete in CatA. It's up to TS to decide what suits his "wants" are in a car.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

Adaquate power or not must not solely look at power alone. What is the weight of the Astra? When fully loaded with your family members how did it perform? How about overtaking slower vehicles on the road?

I'm not a big fan of 3 cylinders becoz it's inherently "not balanced". The "not balance" is weight on the crankshaft when it's spinning. Even with the counter balance weight the 3 cylinder crankshaft is not as good as a 4 cylinder. Sure, the engineers can add balancer shaft or shafts in the engine to reduce vibration and noise but still it's one cylinder less. So much trouble to remove a cylinder for the sake of what? FC?

For me I would choose the 1.4L TC inline4 but that would put it in CatB. Needless to say AD bring the 1.0L turbo is to have something to compete in CatA. It's up to TS to decide what suits his "wants" are in a car.

It will depend on the price difference as well honestly. If I can, of course I hope to have the 1.4Tc one

• Praise 1

(edited)

It will depend on the price difference as well honestly. If I can, of course I hope to have the 1.4Tc one

Edited by Watwheels

They do not have the previous gen Astra for you to try out? If not go next door to Chevrolet. Same company anyways.

Just take the 1.4L turbo Cruze for a spin.[/quote

Previous Gen 没有了。 I went to Chevy, open the Cruze car door, got those cheap plastic smell lei..

• Praise 1

Better test drive. I am not skeptical towards the 3 cyl engine.. more towards how the transmission feels. No offence but I think certain brands their transmission cannot make it. Even when it has the same size, weight and power figures with another car but it doesn't drive as well and powerful.. all let down by the gearbox.

But it is normal for a small force fed engine esp. the size only 1L to feel out of breath above 100km/h. But it will be zippy for town drive.

It's using the easytronic 3.0, not sure exactly what is it. But the SE told me that it's like a manual but w/o a clutch. Lower maintenance compare to auto gb, saves fuel. Wonder how the drive feels like. Hopefully able to test drive it soon

They do not have the previous gen Astra for you to try out? If not go next door to Chevrolet. Same company anyways.

Just take the 1.4L turbo Cruze for a spin.[/quote

Previous Gen 没有了。 I went to Chevy, open the Cruze car door, got those cheap plastic smell lei..

• Praise 3

(edited)

When you ask ppl on the street between a vw golf and an opel astra which one do you think ppl will know about?

I find it weird when a brand that can sell itself w/o much help still do so much marketing while a brand that's hardly known cannot be bothered to do anything at all.

Edited by Watwheels

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/gem-of-an-opel

Some info on the pricing.

109k for the 1.4TC model (150PS / 245NM). Quite competitive.

Price sounds good. Went down n took a look over the weekend. Equipment n specs seems very value for money. Lane departure, Apple play etc. but couldn't get a chance to test drive. But response for this car was very good I guess.. There was a total of 5-6 groups of cust waiting to see the car. Looking at the specs, shouldn't be bad I guess..

When you ask ppl on the street between a vw golf and an opel astra which one do you think ppl will know about?

I find it weird when a brand that can sell itself w/o much help still do so much marketing while a brand that's hardly known cannot be bothered to do anything at all.

SG not really their targetted market i guess. They have reliability issues too.
  • Praise 1

Price sounds good. Went down n took a look over the weekend. Equipment n specs seems very value for money. Lane departure, Apple play etc. but couldn't get a chance to test drive. But response for this car was very good I guess.. There was a total of 5-6 groups of cust waiting to see the car. Looking at the specs, shouldn't be bad I guess..

Yeah looks gd. I worry abt the reliabilty only. If nt alot of buyers i worry abt the availability of parts. Family owned a fiat previously and it was quite bad. Wanna repair also have to wait.

It's disappointing that they are "cheapening" the brand by bringing in lower end models. Insignia from 2. 0l previously to 1. 6l. Now 1. 0l astra.

• Praise 2

The 1.0L TC Astra has more power than the old 1.6L NA Astra. Engine downsizing quite common in EU. Better fuel economy and lower road tax.

↡ Advertisement