Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Neutral Newbie

I've test driven both Astra. Compare to my previously own Zafira, it's really a much more better Gb. 1.4T using 6 speed auto.

Cool. Will go test drive :)
↡ Advertisement

U will end up buying mazda 3 if u compare among the 3 of them.. For dry clutch gearbox.. Go test in on a slope see if there are any juddering

Opel got use dry clutch meh? Thought only VW ?

Opel got use dry clutch meh? Thought only VW ?

Ford focus uses dry clutch.. Astra also right.. Easytronic is not a tiptronic gearbox design; it does not have a torque converter. It is fundamentally a conventional manual transmission, with a single-plate dry clutch. The transmission is controlled by an electronic control unit (ECU).

Most manual gearbox are on dry clutch ma. Easytronics is like a manual gearbox with an ECU to control the gearshift. Dont expect it to be super smooth and fast shifting like the DSG (when it is working well). Not too sure about the reliability but the 1.0 is not very powerful, should be able to handle ba. 

And traditional manual gearboxes last forever.

U will end up buying mazda 3 if u compare among the 3 of them.. For dry clutch gearbox.. Go test in on a slope see if there are any juddering

The 1.4T uses the traditional AT and a bit more powerful (2.3 sec faster 0-100 time) and cheaper than Mazda 3 sedan 1.5 deluxe.

Don't think it is a clear choice. Mazda got good track record for reliability and the drive is good. Interior build is almost similar depends on individual.  

(edited)

Most manual gearbox are on dry clutch ma. Easytronics is like a manual gearbox with an ECU to control the gearshift. Dont expect it to be super smooth and fast shifting like the DSG (when it is working well). Not too sure about the reliability but the 1.0 is not very powerful, should be able to handle ba.

Only for the semi manual dry clutch.. Anyway.. Stick to conventional auto and not semi manual unless u dont mind juddering and frequent visit back to the dealers for software updates. Edited by Nkotb

The 1.4T uses the traditional AT and a bit more powerful (2.3 sec faster 0-100 time) and cheaper than Mazda 3 sedan 1.5 deluxe.

Don't think it is a clear choice. Mazda got good track record for reliability and the drive is good. Interior build is almost similar depends on individual.

Maz 3 last weekend was $106k. $9k cheaper then e 1.4T actually

Are you referring to the 1.5L or 2.0L? If comparing the horsepower, i think its more appropriate to compare with the 2.0L

MZ3 1.5L: 118hp

MZ3 2.0L: 162hp

Astra 1.4T: 148hp

Also, I observed there is a lot of chatter about customers (sgcarmart & mycarforum) complaining about the after-sales service of Eurokars that one must book their 1st maintenance service when they buy their car and wait a long period of time if they need to repair certain components.  [:|]

Sounds same to me as Opel leh.... haha [wave]

• Praise 2

the new Astra is very well built. I've been driving opel for 8 yrs, no problem. I'll buy another Opel, super value for money for a German built car, 5 star safety car. Comfortable, stable and solid. After warranty over, u can go CK Motors, they carry Opel parts.

Go Suntec, Opel having road show, prices is at Japanese car prices & even cheaper than some Japanese brands.

Bro, how is Opel after-sales service during warranty period?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I was there over the weekend to kepo since I am also scouting. What is easytronic thing? It also stated it is turbo. Very confusing According to SE, their turbo is always on even at low rpm?

I was there over the weekend to kepo since I am also scouting. What is easytronic thing? It also stated it is turbo. Very confusing According to SE, their turbo is always on even at low rpm?

Easytronic is the gearbox. The engine is turbo charged which provides better torque at low rpm meaning you can move off at lower speed or up hill better. Normal engine max torque typically at higher rpm.

Best to go test drive.

• Praise 1

Are you referring to the 1.5L or 2.0L? If comparing the horsepower, i think its more appropriate to compare with the 2.0L

Also, I observed there is a lot of chatter about customers (sgcarmart & mycarforum) complaining about the after-sales service of Eurokars that one must book their 1st maintenance service when they buy their car and wait a long period of time if they need to repair certain components.  [:|]

From sgcarmart :

MZ3 1.5L Standard  118hp  2 airbags  $110,888  0-100 11.7sec

MZ3 1.5L Deluxe  118hp 4 airbags $116,888 0-100 11.7 sec

MZ3 2.0L Sport 162hp 4 airbags $130,888 0-100 8.9 sec

Astra 1.4T 148hp 6 airbags $119,888 0-100 9.0 sec

• Praise 1

The 1.4t looks like a good deal. And if there are more buyers. Ad will generally store more parts. Easier to repair or replace worn out parts nxt time also.

just booked a 1.4L today.....the drive of the 1.4L is awesome and for the price, it comes with a lot of features which many cars doesn't have...

the 1.0l is great for a normal city drive but somehow u will feel something is lacking after u test drive the 1.4L....

• Praise 4

Nice. Yeah 1.4T has 44bhp and 75Nm Torque more. Plus a conventional AT gearbox.

the rear view and blind spot is a bit of a problem when doing lane changes.

• Praise 1