Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Yes, I would like to know the cost of having the LED headlamps as well. Anyone ordered with this option kindly post the price. Thanks.

My SE told me is an additional $8K for LED HL, Massage Seat and Auto Park. Only available when order together with 1.4T Astra. Shipment will come after Feb 2017. Because equipment is factory fitted, OMV will cross 20K hence the downpayment will be 40% instead of the current 30%
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

My SE told me is an additional $8K for LED HL, Massage Seat and Auto Park. Only available when order together with 1.4T Astra. Shipment will come after Feb 2017. Because equipment is factory fitted, OMV will cross 20K hence the downpayment will be 40% instead of the current 30%

$8k for this package is a bit pricey sounding but almost worth it. It's no doubt higher in price due to the fact that OMV increase results in 200% in sticker price unless margin wanna drop due to ARF.

It's not too bad because such LED intelligent masking system cost $10k from other brands alone.

If also got blind spot monitoring in, the Astra 1.4T will be a truly excellent and fully featured package.

$8k for this package is a bit pricey sounding but almost worth it. It's no doubt higher in price due to the fact that OMV increase results in 200% in sticker price unless margin wanna drop due to ARF.

It's not too bad because such LED intelligent masking system cost $10k from other brands alone.

If also got blind spot monitoring in, the Astra 1.4T will be a truly excellent and fully featured package.

They don't have BSD but got Active Proximity Sensor

The active proximity sensor is for parking?

they have both front and rear sensors meant for parking and driving on the roads....so if there's a motorcycle that passes by ur rear too near it will also sound

i think

Edited by Johnny86

Turbocharged

they have both front and rear sensors meant for parking and driving on the roads....so if there's a motorcycle that passes by ur rear too near it will also sound

i think

If it is ultrasonic sensor used by the parking system, usually they deactivate over a certain speed because they are affected by wind noise or can be annoying with too many beeps.

My car deactivates parking sensors over 5kph and after that its RADAR sensors for Pre-Collision Assist and BLIS.

If it is ultrasonic sensor used by the parking system, usually they deactivate over a certain speed because they are affected by wind noise or can be annoying with too many beeps.

My car deactivates parking sensors over 5kph and after that its RADAR sensors for Pre-Collision Assist and BLIS.

Wow what's ur ride?

Read the reviews, it does seem the sensors are active on the roads

In fact I sat in a mercs CLA before, it does beep if u get too close to the car in front but unsure if it's the camera or sensors

Turbocharged

Wow what's ur ride?

In fact I sat in a mercs CLA before, it does beep if u get too close to the car in front but unsure if it's the camera or sensors

Mine is a very much loved Ford. -_-

I guess it depends on the sensor type. Maybe I will look up Opel's system to understand it better. My parking sensor system is smart enough to avoid making noise when the car is at a stand still. But if I start rolling forward and a motorcycle flies by, they can trigger my front sensors and make the car complain. Anything over 5km/h and ultrasonic parking aid sensors are disabled.

Rest of my sensors are RADAR based. I believe Mercedes-Benz's COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST is a RADAR based sensor, embedded in the three-point star badge on the front. My car's is embedded behind a plastic piece in the lower grille, and is thus offset to the left.

It works quite well and I have taken a few videos of it in action. My system is also augmented by a camera which provides pedestrian detection as well. I think Opel's system is similar, while I understand BMW's Driving Assistant is fully camera based, similar to features seen in Thinkware cameras. In fact my in-car DVR is also of this type and I must say it works surprisingly well.

There are also other cars out there that use LIDAR based systems like Volvo's City Safety.

edit:

http://www.opel.com/excitement/innovation/safety.html

This doesn't seem to mention what Opel's Parking Sensors are based on. Maybe have to consult the vehicle manual.

It does mention however that Opel's blind spot assistance system is RADAR based like the competition.

It is possible to use parking sensors as detection systems on the move, but usually they are diminished in efficacy unless they are also RADAR based.

"Active Proximity Sensors" to me sounds most likely like parking sensors only. It probably also implies that the system displays an active graphical representation of your sensors, which is very common in continental marques. For example, Volkswagen.

Edited by 7hm

Wow what's ur ride?

Guessed that the proximity sensors on Astra will be off when it reached above certain speed.. Just curious, anyone happen to know which workshops can help to install aftermarket blind spot detection system.. Saw a few blind spot detection system available on aliexpress..

Turbocharged

Can I check if Astra produce sedan or only hatchback ?

Astra notchback (aka sedan) does exist but I think AutoGermany only bring in hatchback and sports tourer.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Availability is limited to specific territories.

OPELAstraSportSedan-4807_5.jpg

Europe prefers hatchbacks in general. I think it is mainly in more developing territories, but I would imagine Singapore to prefer the sedan as well.

Insignia comes in notchback version in Singapore as well rather than the hatchback.

• Praise 1

Availability is limited to specific territories.

OPELAstraSportSedan-4807_5.jpg

Europe prefers hatchbacks in general. I think it is mainly in more developing territories, but I would imagine Singapore to prefer the sedan as well.

Insignia comes in notchback version in Singapore as well rather than the hatchback.

That's the previous generation Astra J.

I doubt the sedan version of the Astra K even exists. Tried googling but nothing comes up

Any bro driving 1.0 Astra for the past 3 months can share their driving experience.

Thanks

Have driven the 1.0 Astra Sport Tourer for exactly 3 weeks now and believe me, I have only went to the petrol station once, full tank at $85. Travelled about 600km thus far.

By far, the best car I have driven from the past 4 cars. I kept the last Jap one till COE finishes...... 

This Astra drives smooth and you will never believe that it is only 1.0L. I can easily take over car whenever I change to manual gear with the easytronic gearbox -  the extra torque is simply out of this world. All other safety features such as the Lane Assist really work to our advantage as the steering wheel automatically steer back to your original lane if you do not signal - time for us to learn some road manners to signal lane change (or signal early)

• Praise 1

:o

Any way to disable? Interesting...

While it is meant to be well intended, but there are times especially in emergency or freak situations (stucked signal stock?), you don't want it to steer back to lane if what you want is your life...

Have driven the 1.0 Astra Sport Tourer for exactly 3 weeks now and believe me, I have only went to the petrol station once, full tank at $85. Travelled about 600km thus far.

By far, the best car I have driven from the past 4 cars. I kept the last Jap one till COE finishes...... 

This Astra drives smooth and you will never believe that it is only 1.0L. I can easily take over car whenever I change to manual gear with the easytronic gearbox -  the extra torque is simply out of this world. All other safety features such as the Lane Assist really work to our advantage as the steering wheel automatically steer back to your original lane if you do not signal - time for us to learn some road manners to signal lane change (or signal early)

↡ Advertisement