Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Not sure for 1.0 but tried with 5 adults on my astra 1.4T HB... you need to floor the accelerator pedal a bit more to get the car moving from stationary.. seems to struggle a bit... but once in motion.. no issue...

Thanks, 

Anyway i signed on the dotted line got a 1.0T. 

Thanks, 

Anyway i signed on the dotted line got a 1.0T. 

Congrats bro - hope to hear your feedback soon.

Looking at the 1.0 wagon version for me.

• Praise 1

Congrats bro - hope to hear your feedback soon.

Looking at the 1.0 wagon version for me.

That 1.0 wagon looks damm attractive. Not sure of the performance with such a big body. Good to hear user feedback.

i have a different feel with the 1.4T HB.....with 5 average sized (asian) adults out for lunch , not a problem at all. coming from a driver fussy about daily usable torque.

the real challenge will be my family fully loaded...will test 245nm during CNY lol. experience previously on a 1.6M sedan was pretty strenuous ....

whats peculiar though is the gear shift logarithm....u can go lightfoot and shift at 2k or much heavier and shift at above 3krpm and its really smooth. anywhere in between it shifts pretty awkwardly and makes the driver feel some hesitation. cant seem to figure that part out apart from easing the pedal a little to upshift

Edited by Johnny86

Tried the 1.0 ST and was surprised it was actually quite powerful at high speed. Agreed that at lower gears, it will take a while to get used to.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to get any discounts off the price they quoted? The SE that attended to me refuse to give anything any further discount or anything extra and stood firm. Told me the 5 years warranty is good until yesterday before the COE results and now it is extended till Sunday.

If anyone have a better SE to recommend please let me know.

• Praise 1

Tried the 1.0 ST and was surprised it was actually quite powerful at high speed. Agreed that at lower gears, it will take a while to get used to.

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to get any discounts off the price they quoted? The SE that attended to me refuse to give anything any further discount or anything extra and stood firm. Told me the 5 years warranty is good until yesterday before the COE results and now it is extended till Sunday.

If anyone have a better SE to recommend please let me know.

You can msg Leijasper in this forum.

He is a SE for Opel.

Pls leh all along 5 years unlimited mileage warranty. This SE think he Audi meh

Unless it's 5 years servicing which wasn't given by default. 3yrs standard.

Edited by Johnny86

Ok thanks all.

Unless I remember wrongly but specifically i remember what he said was was 3 years unlimited mileage warranty previously, now promo for Suntec Roadshow become 5 years. If it is 5 years servicing, I won't even bother that much as one of the key consideration to buy the car.

Is it very bad on me if I were to switch SE now, given that the SE has attended to me all these while and also test drive? My colleague that went with me felt that he was very pushy and totally non-negotiable on anything.

Anyone has gotten any discounts from their SE before?

Ok thanks all.

Unless I remember wrongly but specifically i remember what he said was was 3 years unlimited mileage warranty previously, now promo for Suntec Roadshow become 5 years. If it is 5 years servicing, I won't even bother that much as one of the key consideration to buy the car.

Is it very bad on me if I were to switch SE now, given that the SE has attended to me all these while and also test drive? My colleague that went with me felt that he was very pushy and totally non-negotiable on anything.

if ur SE is really that attitude, dont bother to think for him. then again as a discerning buyer, if u want more perks be sure to press for it. if he wont budge then call it off. its both his choice and yours as well.

i was a little upset with my SE in the beginning, in the end i wanted to cancel the whole bloody order. then things started moving better.

SE is very important, find a responsible one who can deliver.

its your money, u have the right to take it to one who treats u proper.

Edited by Johnny86

That 1.0 wagon looks damm attractive. Not sure of the performance with such a big body. Good to hear user feedback.

Weight difference is only very marginal, not affecting the power lots!!

Only diff is HB being smaller is more nimble & zippy

• Praise 1

Ok thanks all.

Not sure how you think but to me, if I am not happy with the SE there is no reason for me to let him earn commission from my deal. Yes I don't pay him the commission directly but why should I feed him using my money when I can get better services from others?

Anyway always remember that you as a buyer has all the rights to ask for anything you can think of before you sign on the dotted line. If the SE give, thank him/her.

Remember this: Once you signed, you have zero bargaining power and you probably won't get anything more. Have fun!

• Praise 1

Ok thanks all.

Hi Jonchar, as we are very confident in our products, therefore we have implement 5 years unlimited milleage warranty all along. Perhaps what ur SE meant is previously 3yrs free servicing was given. Hope I've clarify ur doubts.

Jasper Opel

Hi Jonchar, as we are very confident in our products, therefore we have implement 5 years unlimited milleage warranty all along. Perhaps what ur SE meant is previously 3yrs free servicing was given. Hope I've clarify ur doubts.

Jasper Opel

Thanks Jasper for the clarifications.

What kinda of freebies you got ?

I believe the standard that everyone got, front and rear camera and solar film.

Anything else you all were offered?

Not sure how you think but to me, if I am not happy with the SE there is no reason for me to let him earn commission from my deal. Yes I don't pay him the commission directly but why should I feed him using my money when I can get better services from others?

Anyway always remember that you as a buyer has all the rights to ask for anything you can think of before you sign on the dotted line. If the SE give, thank him/her.

Remember this: Once you signed, you have zero bargaining power and you probably won't get anything more. Have fun!

Totally agree. Quite honestly, the SE is quite knowledgeable. If he have given in a bit, I would have signed on the line on the spot but because of his non-negotiable attitude, I decide not to action.

And thankfully I have not, since the latest is Feb-Apr COE quota to increase by 11.6%.

Edited by Jonchar

Thanks Jasper for the clarifications.

I believe the standard that everyone got, front and rear camera and solar film.

Anything else you all were offered?

Totally agree. Quite honestly, the SE is quite knowledgeable. If he have given in a bit, I would have signed on the line on the spot but because of his non-negotiable attitude, I decide not to action.

And thankfully I have not, since the latest is Feb-Apr COE quota to increase by 11.6%.

Bro, I think quite standard.

5 yrs unlimited warranty

5 yrs or 100,000km free serving

solar film

leather seats

front and back camera

reserve camera

default they giving 17" rim

I think nothing much can add to the car liao. Ok mayb visor you can try asking, but I think one set is $45. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Bro, I think quite standard.

5 yrs unlimited warranty

5 yrs or 100,000km free serving

solar film

leather seats

front and back camera

reserve camera

default they giving 17" rim

I think nothing much can add to the car liao. Ok mayb visor you can try asking, but I think one set is $45. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thanks for your comments. Good to hear that.

But have anyone been offered a discount off what they stated?

Thanks for your comments. Good to hear that.

But have anyone been offered a discount off what they stated?

What kind of discount you talking abt? New cars sales usually the price they offer is standard across the board, unlike used car you can bargain a price. If you have a car to trade in, mayb can get a little more on the trade in price, thats's  about it. And btw, the list price is for show only, the price the SE quote you is the price they quote every customer. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1