Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Hi All...I am a newbie here heheh....ok been reading the discussions....very interesting...

Ok here goes....Booked an Astra 1.0T 2 weeks ago....colour? RED!!!....but...changed to Deep Sky Blue [thumbsup] ...SE said can get end of the month.

Recent bidding on 8/11 bo tio...never kena! Hope the next round on 22/11 will kena!!! Need some moral support and motivation here hahahahah [:p]

Really...cannot tahan already!!! [:/][dizzy] .........Cannot wait!!!

Cheers!!!!

Just don't even think that you can out-race a WRX or FXT with your Astra 1.0 hor ...

↡ Advertisement

Just don't even think that you can out-race a WRX or FXT with your Astra 1.0 hor ...

ððð

Race? What race? I nvr buy car to race. You wrong forum lah.
  • Praise 6

There are Opel haters here. As this is a free forum where everyone can share their views. There are events organized by Auto Germany. Got free movies, free dinner etc. I already attended 2 of the 3 events done by them.

There are Opel haters here. As this is a free forum where everyone can share their views. There are events organized by Auto Germany. Got free movies, free dinner etc. I already attended 2 of the 3 events done by them.

What's there to hate about Opel??

This fella does not own an Opel but will criticize the car. Will compare with "atas" cars just because he drives a Mercedes. Like to belittle us humble people here. Anyway, I believe in karma.

This fella does not own an Opel but will criticize the car. Will compare with "atas" cars just because he drives a Mercedes. Like to belittle us humble people here. Anyway, I believe in karma.

Sometimes just dun really bother about what others say or judge upon... Why let it get to you? Let's focus what's important in this group which is all about Opel Astra.

• Praise 5

Race? What race? I nvr buy car to race. You wrong forum lah.

Correct forum lah ... there is one Astra 1.0 owner who claims that he can eat many turbo cars, including WRX!

• Dislike 1

Correct forum lah ... there is one Astra 1.0 owner who claims that he can eat many turbo cars, including WRX!

ððð

You need to read last week's posts in this thread lah!

Buahahahaha !!! ð¤£

Ya lah but not me right. He say his problem lah.
  • Praise 2

.....There are events organized by Auto Germany. Got free movies, free dinner etc. I already attended 2 of the 3 events done by them.

Looks like Auto Germany is a good job organising events for their customers. Auto Eurokar didn’t have such event tho their aftersales service was good.
  • Praise 2

What exactly is your malfunction?

Just ignore the troll. Don’t feed him your attention.

He goes into every single thread and talks down that brand or model.

You’re just increasing your chance of a cardiac arrest arguing with him.

• Praise 6

I think it's rather easy. Just get a friend to sit behind your driver seat and take a video as you go from 0-100 on the expressway.

It's not about whether it's 12 seconds but whether it's faster than a Forester that takes 8+s to reach 100kmh.

I can assure you that if your Astra 1.0t can run that fast, Opel will be calling to hire you as their chief engineer.

Additional person adds weight. Tat can make a big difference.

I think euro side take timings with 2 persons while jap take with one. Even so doubt the astra can improve 3 secs with one person less

Iâm perfectly fine. But you see it from their perspective it is totally insane for a 1 liter car to claim sny kind of performance.

I too was skeptical before I test drove the car. Even while test driving it I was still skeptical especially a 3 cyclinder engine. How smooth can a 3 cyclinder be? Meh.

Remember the days when the Charade GTti rules the roads with 1.0 turbo engine. People dismissed the car right away with the same verdict: how fast can a 1.0 car be? Boy were they wrong. Kallang carpark rally was full of them three wheeling round the corner.

Then came a new era where the EG Civic own the streets. Again people dismissed them with a meh. How fast can these 1.6 NA thin can be. And boy they were so wrong.

The trend is back again with smaller cc engine but this time ever more powerful and efficient. The conti makers have made the move. So are the Japanese. Honda is on the bandwagon. Toyota too starting to move towards small cc engines. Nissan as well. So is Mazda. The only maker left out of the race is Subaru. Still clinging to their overweight cars powered by fuel hungry boxer turbo and beloved AWD.

So letâs just sit back and watch another trend unfold. I bet these trolls were still in kindergarten when the Charades and EGs roam our streets.

Japs r going turbo but in a small way. The civic rarely gets boosted. 1.5 turbo only do 9 secs. Alfa 1.4t already do 7 sec.

Yes never really about engine size cos need to factor in weight n also the engineering side

• Praise 1

Agree. Oblivious folks who continue to preach that visco-coupled automatic transmissions are slower than manuals, are still living in the past ... probably aged-views suspended in time - in the last millennium! ð

Like frogs in wells, the are completely unaware of the rapid developments made by German automatic transmission manufacturers - especially after the turn of this millennium ... and continue to preach falsehoods, with their time-locked, failing memories of their own past! ðð¼

Take Daimler Benz's proprietary 7G-Tronic (now in 9G-Tronic incarnation) ... there are of course, others like ZF used by BMW and others too.

Note: I am not referring to single/dual-clutched manuals like VAG's DSG.

MB owners' manuals post-7G-Tronic, have been publishing 0-100 times for specific engine models of each auto vs manual variant and the autos are usually 0.1 (or more) seconds quicker than the manual equivalent.

That's a far cry from the 70's to 90's, where visco-coupling losses usually translate to 0-100 times for automatics that are usually 1-2 seconds slower than manuals! Gone are those days lah!

Yes autos have come a long way. But the issue is never the speed, but the feeling.

Even among the single dual clutch owners, some prefer single dry clutch for the engagement n feeling it gives.

I’m not a race car driver. The quickest time is not my priority. The feeling it gives is most important

• Praise 1

Unless in race conditions, impossible to tell if yr smoking other cars as they may just not be engaging u. So it’s best not to talk about smoking until an actual race situation

• Praise 1

Unless in race conditions, impossible to tell if yr smoking other cars as they may just not be engaging u. So itâs best not to talk about smoking until an actual race situation

I think we close our case la, he has already apologised for the exaggeration and many of us have already moved on.
  • Praise 4

I think we close our case la, he has already apologised for the exaggeration and many of us have already moved on.

Just giving my pov
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1