Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Yes autos have come a long way. But the issue is never the speed, but the feeling.

Even among the single dual clutch owners, some prefer single dry clutch for the engagement n feeling it gives.

Iâm not a race car driver. The quickest time is not my priority. The feeling it gives is most important

I'm with you bro
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, will be getting my new ride next week and thinking of changing my number plate given by LTA. I am wondering if I buy the number from a private third party, are there any other costs that I need to incur on the LTA side, as I understand I still need to pay $1300 to register the number with the authority, is that true?

My other option however is to bid for the number directly from LTA and whatever amount I bid, understand minimum bid is $1000 + admin fee, that will be total cost that I need to fork out. True?

Is there any other cheaper options? Appreciate if anyone with this experience can enlighten me. Thanks!

• Praise 2

I swallowed humble pie not because of what I wrote did not make sense. I am backing down because I am a more mature forumer and it do this thread/forum no good. You can hardly find the useful posts among 139 pages already and further engagements with trolls only aggravate the problem.

Maybe FXT is a bad example, fine, I take it back. My bad. But putting words like ”can smoke WRX and other turbo cars” as what I wrote was pure sign of antagonism. When a forumer uses such tactics to intimidate another forumer, that’s just bad forum etiquettes and poor maturity.

And by not responding for the past few days emboldened the trolls to further use the tactics on other forumers.

Forums are places where we come and share ideas and seek answers. It is not a place for people to seek personal vendetta.

Two can play this game, if I chose to, to hunt down every single thread the trolls have responded but that’s what a 18 years okd would do.

Hi guys, will be getting my new ride next week and thinking of changing my number plate given by LTA. I am wondering if I buy the number from a private third party, are there any other costs that I need to incur on the LTA side, as I understand I still need to pay $1300 to register the number with the authority, is that true?

My other option however is to bid for the number directly from LTA and whatever amount I bid, understand minimum bid is $1000 + admin fee, that will be total cost that I need to fork out. True?

Is there any other cheaper options? Appreciate if anyone with this experience can enlighten me. Thanks!

My SE forgot to retain my old number and The new number sucks. So I bidded a new number and the totsl damage was $1100 for new number and $300 transfer fee.
  • Praise 2

Fee as below

New Plate, New Car = $0

New Plate, Old Car = $300

Retained Plate, New Car = $100 (retention fee $1300, refund $1200 upon new car registration) 

Retained Plate, Old Car = $1300

• Praise 5

Just ignore the troll. Donât feed him your attention.

He goes into every single thread and talks down that brand or model.

Youâre just increasing your chance of a cardiac arrest arguing with him.

and there is a thread on why is mcf getting quieter, exactly becoz of trolls like mr merc. Opel astra thread and with the targeted opel astra owners constantly been ‘suan’ by a non opel owner, we want to move on but you can see mr merc still trying to rally others to continue because of 1 opel owner comments that hes car is fast.

I don’t see moderators doing anything. Maybe this is acceptable to them?

Opel astra owners or potential astra owners can continue your questions in the opel facebook or watsapp group. At least it is more constructive and informative.

• Praise 2

Thanks guys for clearing the air on the number plate thingy. Such a mess, only if LTA had allocated me a nicer number.. Not that I am wishing for 8888!;)

and there is a thread on why is mcf getting quieter, exactly becoz of trolls like mr merc. Opel astra thread and with the targeted opel astra owners constantly been âsuanâ by a non opel owner, we want to move on but you can see mr merc still trying to rally others to continue because of 1 opel owner comments that hes car is fast.

I donât see moderators doing anything. Maybe this is acceptable to them?

Opel astra owners or potential astra owners can continue your questions in the opel facebook or watsapp group. At least it is more constructive and informative.

Not just opel thread. Every other thread too.

Don't see his name got the word merc inside, think Mercedes model he also go and suan.

Thanks guys for clearing the air on the number plate thingy. Such a mess, only if LTA had allocated me a nicer number.. Not that I am wishing for 8888!;)

If the number come out tomorrow 4d, bad number also become nice number.

Don't bother with him la. Inferiority complex.

Confirm MOTHER NEVER TEACH.

Yes u heard me.

No balls and can't walk the talk yet everyday same shit different thread.

NO BALLS

And then he's just gonna wait out a few replies then select one best for his half ego to reply to

Cycle repeats

Edited by Johnny86
  • Praise 2

If the number come out tomorrow 4d, bad number also become nice number.

Yeah men, let's see.. if top 3, will really re consider my position!! 

• Praise 1

My SE forgot to retain my old number and The new number sucks. So I bidded a new number and the totsl damage was $1100 for new number and $300 transfer fee.

Your SE really ........ it could be your prized or vintage VRN !! Your SE should offer compensation.

Edited by Pocy
  • Praise 2

Okay, it's time to hit the nail on the head.

People apologized but he still must rub it in.

There is this "Opel hater" who likes to run down the Astra and "hao lian" on this thread but has not substantiate why the car is no good. I believe he drives a Mercedes.  Now I don't fxxk care whether I will get a dislike or not but he must answer the following questions:

1) What car are you driving now? Year/make & model?

2) Why is the Opel Astra lousy? Lousy engine? Lousy turbo? Lousy build quality? Any hard facts to prove that the car is lousy?

3) Do you own an Opel before?

4) If the Astra is lousy then WHAT CAR IS GOOD THEN? He criticize but never offer alternatives.

5) Do you feel good running down Opel owners in this thread? If the answer is "yes" then you better go see a shrink.

6) What did Opel owners do to offend you?

7) Can you tell us your credentials so that we can believe you? Like you are working in the automobile industry or what.

I believe in karma. You can be great today but in 10 years time, who knows? You can get retrenched and may never get the same pay again  or suffer a stroke and cannot work. This is karma.

As for me, I don't really care. After 5 to 7 years, I just change car.

Anyway with zero growth, the automobile (car) industry will be a sunset industry in years to come. I am already in my 50s. Heck, maybe in 30 - 40 years, everyone will have a personalized "Jet Pack" so we don't need cars or COE. I will be dead by then.

I did not rely on mcf forum views before buying the Astra 1.4T HB. It was all based on the information I searched which was already stated in my earlier replies in this thread.

Edited by Teo2000
  • Praise 1

There is this "Opel hater" who likes to run down the Astra and "hao lian" on this thread but has not substantiate why the car is no good. I believe he drives a Mercedes. Now I don't fxxk care whether I will get a dislike or not but he must answer the following questions:

2) Why is the Opel Astra lousy? Lousy engine? Lousy turbo? Lousy build quality? Any hard facts to prove that the car is lousy?

4) If the Astra is lousy then WHAT CAR IS GOOD THEN? He criticize but never offer alternatives.

5) Do you feel good running down Opel owners in this thread? If the answer is "yes" then you better go see a shrink.

7) Can you tell us your credentials so that we can believe you? Like you are working in the automobile industry or what.

I believe in karma. You can be great today but in 10 years time, who knows? You can get retrenched and may never get the same pay again or suffer a stroke and cannot work. This is karma.

Anyway with zero growth, the automobile (car) industry will be a sunset industry in years to come. I am already in my 50s. Heck, maybe in 30 - 40 years, everyone will have a personalized "Jet Pack" so we don't need cars or COE. I will be dead by then.

I did not rely on mcf forum views before buying the Astra 1.4T HB. It was all based on the information I searched which was already stated in my earlier replies in this thread.

He no balls one....talk so much cock ... If really drive mercs it would be an insult to their German pride...no bloody class...

No balls like to bark alot even my house dog also not so noisy

Ya lor.

Even in Court, prosecutors must PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT to secure a conviction against offenders so they have documents, exhibits, statements etc.

As I said, I am already in my 50s and I have seen "cocky" and "arrogant" people rise and fall. But the worse part is they fall and cannot recover.

Cheers.

There is this "Opel hater" who likes to run down the Astra and "hao lian" on this thread but has not substantiate why the car is no good. I believe he drives a Mercedes.  Now I don't fxxk care whether I will get a dislike or not but he must answer the following questions:

I believe in karma. You can be great today but in 10 years time, who knows? You can get retrenched and may never get the same pay again  or suffer a stroke and cannot work. This is karma.

I try to answer.

-Mercedez you believe?Dont like that leh!If my nick is Ferrari,then I drive Ferrari ?lol..

- Hear say only.Actually I also don't know.

-Since hear say,how to own?

-Not sure leh,can google anot?lol...

-Confirm..

-Run lose opel before on the road.#%$#@

-Again,google please.I read from there,lol.....

Edited by Sktan10
  • Praise 1

Just don't even think that you can out-race a WRX or FXT with your Astra 1.0 hor ...

ððð

You bring your WRX. I bring my Astra 1.0.

Lets race.

Got balls?

• Praise 2

You bring your WRX. I bring my Astra 1.0.

Lets race.

Got balls?

Maybe you’d like to bring a faster car like your GTR or your AMG. The faster the better.

See how I tear your ass with my Astra 1.0

Don’t believe? Let’s set a place and time.

I believe my fellow forummers would love to see how I tear you apart.

• Praise 1

Maybe you’d like to bring a faster car like your GTR or your AMG. The faster the better.

See how I tear your ass with my Astra 1.0

Don’t believe? Let’s set a place and time.

I believe my fellow forummers would love to see how I tear you apart.

This type of person sure will chicken out type.

You set the date and time with him, he will agree and then will not come. Instead, he will call TP and LTA to report for illegal racing to trap you.

He should answer my 7 questions and it must be based on facts.

↡ Advertisement