Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

surprisingly they were quite sure it was steering rack. by the 2nd trip i already felt steering was not the issue, thats why i sent in again on the 3rd time. still say steering. at that time i only heard about link rods so i asked if linked rods were ok they said yes.

on the 4th recent time they changed steering and link rods. then return to me. im so stunned how they can pass this car to be road worthy.

true enough u cant really tell on low speeds without braking. so imma have them put their seatbelts on next time.

Immediately after collecting my ST I felt the car vibrating as well but during higher speed. And during the 1K inspection I was told it could be steering rack.

But I told them it is most likely a tyre balancing issue, they said shouldn’t be cos tyres are balanced from factory.

End up it really was a simple tyre balancing issue.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Immediately after collecting my ST I felt the car vibrating as well but during higher speed. And during the 1K inspection I was told it could be steering rack.

But I told them it is most likely a tyre balancing issue, they said shouldnât be cos tyres are balanced from factory.

Thanks. Gonna treat them like first graders next visit.
  • Praise 2

But I told them it is most likely a tyre balancing issue, they said shouldnât be cos tyres are balanced from factory.

What kind of mechanic is this? Want to fix the steering rack which should be the last item on the list vs a simple wheel balancing? Hahah. Must have been sleeping thoughtout his ITE course!
  • Praise 1

They must also have received a circular from German side asking to look out for steering rack induced vibration.

Paranoia conclusion.

then i think they didn't receive any on control arm Edited by Johnny86

Anybody knows what car camera comes with the Astra HB nowadays and how's the quality like? Also, is it directly connected to our car battery or to the car cigar power outlet?

• Praise 2

Anybody knows what car camera comes with the Astra HB nowadays and how's the quality like? Also, is it directly connected to our car battery or to the car cigar power outlet?

I'm not sure but my iRoad 7 is pretty ok. Connected not to car battery but also not to cigar lighter. The hot connect to ignition.

Edited by Chisiang

My car comes with Efocus camera not Iroad...there was a strong burnt smell after I parked my car... is it due to the new brake pads??

its normal below 5000km....should not have this smell after 10K

My car comes with Efocus camera not Iroad...there was a strong burnt smell after I parked my car... is it due to the new brake pads??

Hope it is not cos you were driving the car hard before you stop the car. By right shouldn't have such smell.

Hope it is not cos you were driving the car hard before you stop the car. By right shouldn't have such smell.

Only Normal driving from Ubi back to home not even exceeding 100km/hrs....slow and steady.

its normal below 5000km....should not have this smell after 10K

Thanks for the information and will observe this issue,.....

Yes, there is this "burnt" smell when I switched off the engine for the first two weeks.

This was because the engine and components in the engine bay area is "coated" with some chemical, probably to prevent corrosion when the car is shipped from Europe to Singapore.

Thereafter, it is kept in a warehouse here until the car is sold.

Came back from my 4th trip up north... 10 months plus and 15900 km on my odometer.

Loving every minute of it.....

Cheers.

• Praise 3

Only Normal driving from Ubi back to home not even exceeding 100km/hrs....slow and steady.

Thanks for the information and will observe this issue,.....

Looks like this is normal for the newer Opel. So nothing to worry about  [thumbsup]  The last time I had a new Opel was close to 10 years which didn't have such smell so I tot that was also the case for current ones. [:p]

Can I also confirm if the anti frontal collision will brakes if we travel below 60km/hr and is too near to the front vehicle? Or is just an alert/alarm no braking will occurs by the car itself. Also how to install the netting provided???

did you run across some plastic bag on the road recently? it will stick below car exhaust pipe. Get the mechanics to scrap off the burnt plastic wrap on your exhaust pipe. There may be some cost involve.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2