Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

(edited)

Some time ago a lao lan Forester Turbo came tailgating as well. I floor it and he got problem catching up.

Don’t wanna play too much as my kids are on board. Let him have his ego boost

As an Astra owner, this one if run side by side sure smoke you one bro. Better don't over-stress the car by hard footing. As drivers everyday, pretty sure its common we are used to seeing such driving behaviour on the roads. By far the only 3 cylinder car I honestly admire is the Bmw 118i. 3 cylinder 1.5 turbo 134bhp/220nm compared to the astra 1.4 4 cylinder 148bhp/245nm. The bmw is still much powerful. Probably thanks to its rear wheel drive and smaller footnote etc etc. Down side of the car is that "vibration" probably due to 3 cylinders (Which are normal). 

Last time when I drove a 1.4T Cruze with aftermarket tune to 180hp, I play with a group of wrx tailgating each other at 200km/h at NSHW. I can easily hit 220km/h with 5 pax and luggages. The other higher bhp wrx overtake me to see what is the make of the car. So tailgating at 135km/h is not that scary afterall. Now after changing to lower bhp car and without tune, I drive slower than before.

Time to go for tuning again?  [bounce1]

Edited by Melvyn_
↡ Advertisement

Astra 1.0 owners.. Do u guys realise when u open bonnet n see the engine block while it's running.

Does it seems like viabrating quite hiongsss!!!

Twincharged

I find it amusing the forester turbo had a difficult time catching up a Astra.

probably the forester's turbo spoil. [:p]

• Praise 1

As another Astra owner, I say just whack only. Never try never know this MHI turbo eh tahan or not. Never hit top speed don't give way

Soo Lang Mai Soo seh!

JK drive safe drive happy future still got chance to own 250bhp car

As another Astra owner, I say just whack only. Never try never know this MHI turbo eh tahan or not. Never hit top speed don't give way

Soo Lang Mai Soo seh!

U can always target a second hand Stinger in the future.

As an Astra owner, this one if run side by side sure smoke you one bro. Better don't over-stress the car by hard footing. As drivers everyday, pretty sure its common we are used to seeing such driving behaviour on the roads. By far the only 3 cylinder car I honestly admire is the Bmw 118i. 3 cylinder 1.5 turbo 134bhp/220nm compared to the astra 1.4 4 cylinder 148bhp/245nm. The bmw is still much powerful. Probably thanks to its rear wheel drive and smaller footnote etc etc. Down side of the car is that "vibration" probably due to 3 cylinders (Which are normal).

Time to go for tuning again? [bounce1]

Not going to tune engine. Now don't have the time to repair leak coolant or maybe other components due to excessive heat generated by aftermarket tune. Tuning with higher hp is for those with ample free time. Unless I really want to visit the workshop frequently. Singapore climate is hot and travel distance are short. Therefore not suitable to overstress the engine especially in daily bumper to bumper traffic.
  • Praise 1

Soo Lang Mai Soo seh!

We having the 1.4 thats why different bro. If 1.4, I will also say just whack cause 1.4 really can whack.  [smash]  

• Praise 1

1.0 out of the box is hootable. Stock boost 1.5 bar just hoot. Got turbo don’t hoot waste time waste money. Bettwr buy a Toyota Fielder.

Also 1.0 very torquey on highway. Effortless. Unless driver problem otherwise I don’t see why we are prohibited from hooting

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Is the Opel astra 1.0 considered to be EOL already now that it's slapped with a 20k VES?

Don't see it being sold brand new anymore. 

Any concerns for existing owners?

Been asking around and got quoted 65-70k for my 11 months old 1.0 HB 

Edited by Moxor
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Is the Opel astra 1.0 considered to be EOL already now that it's slapped with a 20k VES?

Don't see it being sold brand new anymore.

Any concerns for existing owners?

Been asking around and got quoted 65-70k for my 11 months old 1.0 HB

1.0 slapped with 20k VES???

Hi all

I saw an opel astra 1.4 turbo for sale 2nd hand at Mayfair motoring via SGcarmart. Pricing about 76K plus for 1.5 year old car. COE left 8.5 years. Any potential issues to lookout for this model as considering to buy this car ? Understand gearbox is 6 speed AT which should be reliable vs all the DSG gearboxes in many VAG cars?

Current ride is 2010 ford focus 1.6 NA 150K milleage which COE left 1.5 years till expiry. Thinking whether to continue holding on to the ford until COE expire as its still ok mechanically. ( other than changing fuel pumps 2x in a year >_>)

If trade in can get paper value only im guessing about 11k-12k max. Limited budget so can only downpay max about 20k plus.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1