Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Haha. I also heavy footer. Very addictive to feel the turbo kick in. But I get about 550 per tank. Cos my morning journey to work is very early no jam. But come back home will kena Jam.

I also agree with some of the bros here that this car is meant to driven hard in terms of throttle control. I also realized that if you throttle hard, you don’t really feel the jerky feel. It is always at low speed and low gear that I feel it.

And regarding the door panel rattling sound, I got it too. But nth that sound proofing cannot fix. I posted a video here before to show the part inside my door panel that was causing the rattling.

Thats awesome. For me around 400 odd the fuel gauge at red line there already.  :a-no: Worst is 1 full tank of shell cost about 100 after discount, quite rabak 1 week once. But yes, I would say most 1.4 turbo cars (hatches/A3 sedan) in the market are fun to drive. The only 3 cylinder worth testing out is the latest pml 118i m sport variant. Does not even feel like a 1.5 litre car much less 3 cylinder.. The surge in speed is almost instant.  

↡ Advertisement

I discovered smth about the steering sound that I encountered when turning in multistorey carpark.

I noticed that when I brake and turn, there is sound from the undercarriage. But when I don’t brake and just turn, no sound at all. Maybe it is from my brakes that is causing the sound.

Johnny Bro, maybe you can try it out also. See if eliminates the steering sound you have.

Edited by Whattheheck

I discovered smth about the steering sound that I encountered when turning in multistorey carpark.

I noticed that when I brake and turn, there is sound from the undercarriage. But when I donât brake and just turn, no sound at all. Maybe it is from my brakes that is causing the sound.

Johnny Bro, maybe you can try it out also. See if eliminates the steering sound you have.

yup same

but then how to fix this?

yup same

Not sure man. I haven gone back to agent yet to update them on this. I suspect it might be either the brake calipers not seated properly, or my dics rotor.

Might be the brake system. Some bro changed to BBK and sound gone, even the infamous tock sound from 1.4 gearbox. It was even verified that 1.0 and 1.4 uses different brake pad or is it callipers. Perhaps that is why 1.0 have no issue with the tock sound.

• Praise 2

Might be the brake system. Some bro changed to BBK and sound gone, even the infamous tock sound from 1.4 gearbox. It was even verified that 1.0 and 1.4 uses different brake pad or is it callipers. Perhaps that is why 1.0 have no issue with the tock sound.

Can I clarify if BBK means big brakes kit?

I also suspect it is the brakes system but there is too much parts in the brakes for me to narrow down to the cause of the sound.

• Praise 1

Yeah. A lot of Audio shops do sound proofing.

But anyway I did mine at Autoimage Enterprise. I have been going there for the past 10 years.

Bro did u do the whole SP package or just ur doors only? 

• Praise 1

Bro did u do the whole SP package or just ur doors only?

I did the 4 doors. Really more than enough. But I did 3 layers per door. The SP of 4 doors would remove most if not all rattling sound from the door panels.

Roughly how long does it take to SP for 4 doors?

I thought want to do today after my 20K but was told today will be whole day as AG do grooming for 20K, so maybe go do on wkends. 

ok so recently AG replaced my left + right control arms, link rods under warranty.

while it took quite a while for them to do so, am glad they did replace as claimed. credit to them.

1+ mths ago - left arm + both link rod

early this week - right arm

1mth ago already felt the car was becoming more composed and my left drift was becoming negligible.

after complete replacement, went to do alignment. the drive feels very planted already and alignment improved it very slightly.

now very therapeutic to drive on good roads, be it firing out of a corner or cruising on eway. its like wearing track shoes and sprinting.

but the clunking etc still not resolved. gonna check the brakes in a few mths as claimed by some bros here.

ok so recently AG replaced my left + right control arms, link rods under warranty.

while it took quite a while for them to do so, am glad they did replace as claimed. credit to them.

1+ mths ago - left arm + both link rod

early this week - right arm

1mth ago already felt the car was becoming more composed and my left drift was becoming negligible.

after complete replacement, went to do alignment. the drive feels very planted already and alignment improved it very slightly.

now very therapeutic to drive on good roads, be it firing out of a corner or cruising on eway. its like wearing track shoes and sprinting.

but the clunking etc still not resolved. gonna check the brakes in a few mths as claimed by some bros here.

Yo. Glad that it works for you. Now the car feel much nicer to drive.

Ya same for the clunking noise. Going to talk to AG soon. I am quite sure it is related to the brakes.

yup same

Also realised mine occured only when brake is depressed when doing sharp turning. Problem is resolved after AG replaced my brake pad. U might want to ask them check that for u.

Also realised mine occured only when brake is depressed when doing sharp turning. Problem is resolved after AG replaced my brake pad. U might want to ask them check that for u.

replaced at 20k already. was good for a while. now 30k same as before change.

replaced at 20k already. was good for a while. now 30k same as before change.

I have done abt 5k since replacement. Shall see if problem comes back when reach 10k. Btw can I know if yr replacement of control arms was to address steering sound issue, or ride pliant issue? I find my ride getting very unsettled these days (even on relatively smooth roads). Wonder if it could be due to faulty control arms?
↡ Advertisement