Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Haven change lower suspension arm.

Maybe should ask them to change. Good advice man.

Where to change to EBC brake pad? I dont mind changing if can get rid of the sound.

Ya normally I ask them dont wash car also. Cos i go to my detailing shop to wash.

Hmm I would have thought they would have changed that first since the problem I had was almost 1.5 years ago and apparently quite common as seen from UK forums. 

The EBC brake pads (DPX2266) bought online from EBCbrakesdirect. ItemCost+Shipping+LocalLabourCost should be around $100sgd or slightly less depending on your workshop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi there

Any astra owners have a permanent solution to the ceeaking sound at the 2 rear doors caused by the flexing of the chasis when making sharp turns at MSCP. AG don't seem tobe clueless except to wax the area that won't last a week before the creaking comes back.

Thanks ahead

• Praise 1

Hi there

Any astra owners have a permanent solution to the ceeaking sound at the 2 rear doors caused by the flexing of the chasis when making sharp turns at MSCP. AG don't seem tobe clueless except to wax the area that won't last a week before the creaking comes back.

Thanks ahead

..Many Opel owners have this problem too..Something they have to live with it ..I guess

Hi there

Thanks ahead

Is due to the rubber strip at the top of the doors direct in contact with the body. Unless u change out the strip there is just to lube that area to minimize the noise. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi there

Thanks ahead

I’ve been lubricating them all around on 4 doors weekly with Vaseline gel for about 6-7 months, but lately I’ve stopped this practice for the last 2–3 months. Surprisingly, the creaking sound is completely gone! I guessed the rubber has been conditioned well already..... hahaha. Touched wood though.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I’ve been lubricating them all around on 4 doors weekly with Vaseline gel for about 6-7 months, but lately I’ve stopped this practice for the last 2–3 months. Surprisingly, the creaking sound is completely gone! I guessed the rubber has been conditioned well already..... hahaha. Touched wood though.

I have even tried using gummi pflege on the rubber seals too but to no avail. The sound is driving me nuts at times.

I thought someone posted earlier that AG had a solution now? Some telfon tape thingy?

rattling from the door can be resolved by teflon tape. it works for mine car and also another guy from opel group chat . AG can resolve this

AG can resolve now...

...if AG not selling Astra 1.0 HB anymore, will it be a problem to get parts replacement 5 years later..i am wondering.

It would be interesting if after 5 years one is still sticking to AG for servicing. Unless they got lots of money to get chopped

I thought someone posted earlier that AG had a solution now? Some telfon tape thingy?

AG can resolve now...

yup. please refer to earlier post
  • Praise 1

Don't say bo jio. Good deals must share. [laugh]

https://www.lazada.sg/-i278373088-s429971959.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm=a2o42.order_details.item_title.1

$538 for 4 pcs of Bridgestone Potenza S007A 225/45/R17 from Autobacs! Best is buy $600 from Autobacs can get $100 coupon off so technically $500 for 4 pcs of tyres plus car accessories.

I don't think any other shop can beat this deal. Deal ends 12/12!

*I'm not an employee of Autobacs.

Anybody bought a 2nd hand Opel that is still within the free servicing period? Will AG honor the free servicing under the new owner?

if still under free servicing, AG will honour since the contract tied to VIN not car owner.
  • Praise 1

Anybody bought a 2nd hand Opel that is still within the free servicing period? Will AG honor the free servicing under the new owner?

Yup they will. My Astra K was 2nd hand when I bought it. It still had 3 years free servicing and they continued it.
  • Praise 1

For those with the weird undercarriage sound when turning and braking, I may have isolated the fault origin.

It should be from the stock brake calipers.

I have replaced brake pads, rotors to no avail.

I went to replace my front brake system with Brembo 6 pot calipers, Brembo brake pads, rotors and brake hose and guess what, no more sound when turning and braking.

Anyway for those who wants to change to BBK, I suggest you have 18in and above rims then change. Because 6 pot BBK requires some clearance space cos it is huge.

I changed mine with Braking Point. Friendly chaps. Those interested can contact them directly for quotation.

post-176323-0-66918500-1545980437_thumb.jpg

post-176323-0-47918000-1545980458_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2