Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

How much he lost? Why cannot go back to AD? Selling Makes no sense

Didn't dare to ask him. He was damn pissed off already. Lol.

he bought a 2nd golf? dry dual clutch? if yes..then it's still an unreliable car.

7 DSG. I guess QQ is so scary that he rather take his chance with VW. But he used to drive Sirocco but cos family got bigger and he changed to QQ.

On a separate note, anyone's 1.4T hatchback has a left drift tendency?

I realised mine will drive left on a straight road. Not accelerating. Just cruising. I went for tyre alignment at 3 different tyre shops using laser tyre alignment and there is no issue with my tyre alignment.

• Praise 1

when i test drove. it happened also. but it doesn’t seem to be an alignment issue. it’s more of its feature. lol. still awaiting for COE bid for mine.

that sudden powerloss during pickup a in QQ is really quite bad sometimes. it doesn’t happen all the time. but it just has to happen when u make a turn or moving off from a carpark slot.

when i test drove. it happened also. but it doesnât seem to be an alignment issue. itâs more of its feature. lol. still awaiting for COE bid for mine.

that sudden powerloss during pickup a in QQ is really quite bad sometimes. it doesnât happen all the time. but it just has to happen when u make a turn or moving off from a carpark slot.

Lol feature.

AG tot was my steering wheel out of calibration so they said they calibrated (steering wheel centering) but it still happens.

I wonder what could be the cause.

Lol feature.

AG tot was my steering wheel out of calibration so they said they calibrated (steering wheel centering) but it still happens.

I wonder what could be the cause.

Have you been to any Opel owners meet up? Maybe let other Opel owners test drive and give you a second opinion? I ever read in an article many years ago that the centre of the road is higher than the left kerb so that rainwater can drain off easily. So that is why you feel that car is pulling left. Just my opinion.
  • Praise 1

Have you been to any Opel owners meet up? Maybe let other Opel owners test drive and give you a second opinion? I ever read in an article many years ago that the centre of the road is higher than the left kerb so that rainwater can drain off easily. So that is why you feel that car is pulling left. Just my opinion.

Nah, most of the date and time of the meet up always coincide with my other appointments.

And my family is in the car repair business. But my dad don't want to touch my car. Cos he say later agent take the chance to void my warranty. Haha.

You are referring to the camber of the road. For Singapore road, the camber is towards the left side. Means it is sloping towards the left. This is to facilitate water drainage so our roads won't be flood with water.

But in my car's case, when the car is stationary and the steering wheel is aligned properly, the moment i accelerate (both rapidly or slowly), the steering wheel will tilt to the left. I even got a passenger to film in down since we can't drive and use our phone at the same time.

Edited by Whattheheck

Nah, most of the date and time of the meet up always coincide with my other appointments.

And my family is in the car repair business. But my dad don't want to touch my car. Cos he say later agent take the chance to void my warranty. Haha.

You are referring to the camber of the road. For Singapore road, the camber is towards the left side. Means it is sloping towards the left. This is to facilitate water drainage so our roads won't be flood with water.

But in my car's case, when the car is stationary and the steering wheel is aligned properly, the moment i accelerate (both rapidly or slowly), the steering wheel will tilt to the left. I even got a passenger to film in down since we can't drive and use our phone at the same time.

Doesn’t sound right. You should go and get a 4 wheel laser alignment.

My workshop uses the Hofmann alignment system.

• Praise 1

...I would surely make appt with AG and let them drive my car if i were u.

Haha. I did. I am otw now to collect back my car. They say problem settled. Later I see what they say and update you guys.

Doesnât sound right. You should go and get a 4 wheel laser alignment.

My workshop uses the Hofmann alignment system.

Haha. I went for 3x of 4 wheel laser alignment before. Readings all within specification.

I even kept the 3x alignment results and show AG that it is not my wheel alignment problem.

Could be the torque steer?
  • Praise 1

So, whats the status now?

Haha. I did. I am otw now to collect back my car. They say problem settled. Later I see what they say and update you guys.
Haha. I went for 3x of 4 wheel laser alignment before. Readings all within specification.

I even kept the 3x alignment results and show AG that it is not my wheel alignment problem.

So, whats the status now?

AG said they recalibrated the steering wheel alignment and swapped my front 2 tyres. (Left and right swap)

Now there is no drifting.

After that I brought my car to another tyre shop and they told me that my rear 2 tyres is slightly out of shape already. (He said in Chinese, the tyres swelled)

I was using Yokohama Advan Sport V105.

So I decided to change all 4 tyres to Michelin PS4. $180 nett per piece for 225/40/18. I think this price is very reasonable. Not old stock also. 2018 manufacturing year.

I did it at Tyre Track. I think Yap Brothers also selling at the same price.

• Praise 1

AG said they recalibrated the steering wheel alignment and swapped my front 2 tyres. (Left and right swap)

Now there is no drifting.

After that I brought my car to another tyre shop and they told me that my rear 2 tyres is slightly out of shape already. (He said in Chinese, the tyres swelled)

I was using Yokohama Advan Sport V105.

So I decided to change all 4 tyres to Michelin PS4. $180 nett per piece for 225/40/18. I think this price is very reasonable. Not old stock also. 2018 manufacturing year.

I did it at Tyre Track. I think Yap Brothers also selling at the same price.

Good for you!

Wah, you upsize to 18" rims.

I wanted to do so (upsize to 18' inch)  but my OC keep nagging me against it because I don't keep cars more than 8 years so don't waste money. She then quoted about some of my previous cars when I used it (bought brand new) for 3-4 years before buying a new one.

She said: MONEY EASY TO SPEND BUT VERY HARD TO EARN! YOU NOT YOUNG ANYMORE!

LOL!

Good for you!

I wanted to do so (upsize to 18' inch)  but my OC keep nagging me against it because I don't keep cars more than 8 years so don't waste money. She then quoted about some of my previous cars when I used it (bought brand new) for 3-4 years before buying a new one.

LOL!

...tell OC the new retirement age is 67 years...our Pappy say so and if you are below 45 yrs...still consider young..LOL

Good for you!

I wanted to do so (upsize to 18' inch) but my OC keep nagging me against it because I don't keep cars more than 8 years so don't waste money. She then quoted about some of my previous cars when I used it (bought brand new) for 3-4 years before buying a new one.

LOL!

Yeah. Actually I changed to 18in afew weeks after I got the car (2nd hand, 1 year old). Cos I dont like the stock rims with many spokes.

And lucky for me, my wife is more car crazy than me. She mod her exhaust(catback system some more lol), ICE, bodykit, rims, tyres.

Hahaha.. Agree on the 18" Rims poison. Lucky Astra rims not alot of selection..

Bro Whattheheck.. Can post yr 18" rims pic here.. See see

This is based on old yokohama tyres. I didn't take picture of the new tyres. But rims is the same.

post-176323-0-10048100-1552817903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whattheheck
  • Praise 4

From reading the posts from the bros here, I begin to take notice if my Astra also have this noise issue. True enough, without the music on, can hear slight sort of knocking sound while in idling. Not so noticeable if music playing as I would say our stock sound system is  [thumbsup]

Last Mon when I send my car for servicing, I reported this issue. The service agent tried to said some noise could be expected as our car is 3 cylinders but I said cannot be as only when idling & not when driving. He keyed my report & said will get the technician to check.

When collecting my car in the afternoon, I asked the reception what has been done & she told me they have tightened the gearbox mounting. When I started my car, I noticed the sound is no longer there... so I keep the radio off & monitor the next few trips and good enough, the problem seem to have been rectified. Good job to AG!

Back to a more enjoyable  [drivingcar].

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1