Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

looks like i managed to solve it. wash washing the car this morning and sprayed some WD-40 at the connecting plastic at the brake peda assembly (deep in the dash area).

whoever is taking their new ride soon can check if they have the sound too. and if it irritates u more then enough, u can try WD-40.

Good! You manage to solve it.

This proves that you got a brand new car (virgin). Maybe it was sitting in the warehouse for some time.

You can try joining the SG Opel Owner's Club on Facebook.... Many Astra K owners in this group.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Good! You manage to solve it.

This proves that you got a brand new car (virgin). Maybe it was sitting in the warehouse for some time.

You can try joining the SG Opel Owner's Club on Facebook.... Many Astra K owners in this group.

just got back back home. an update on the clicking. it’s came back after like an afternoon of driving. lol. maybe i need heavy duty grease instead...
  • Praise 1

just got back back home. an update on the clicking. itâs came back after like an afternoon of driving. lol. maybe i need heavy duty grease instead...

Why not bring it in to AD's workshop to check? Could be a small issue due to something loose, v irritating to keep wondering why, what or guesstimate until driving becomes focused on that one constant clicking.

If grease here and there doesn't help in a permanent fix, let the ppl with right tools check, if need be, open that brake system. It's important cos its brakes, though the culprit may really be an unimportant component like a missing screw per se.

I hope your attention will not be divided from driving and staying alert to road situations. Enjoy your new ride, minus that irritating click click.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

Why not bring it in to AD's workshop to check? Could be a small issue due to something loose, v irritating to keep wondering why, what or guesstimate until driving becomes focused on that one constant clicking.

If grease here and there doesn't help in a permanent fix, let the ppl with right tools check, if need be, open that brake system. It's important cos its brakes, though the culprit may really be an unimportant component like a missing screw per se.

I hope your attention will not be divided from driving and staying alert to road situations. Enjoy your new ride, minus that irritating click click.

Safe ride

Cheers

yeap that’s what i’ll do. meanwhile i’ll just bear with the clicking sound.
  • Praise 2

yo guys.

is the reverse camera brightness at night super bright?

and i can’t seem to manage to find the brightness adjustment for the screen too(only at apple car play screen which i need to adjust the brightness) . looked up the manual but doesn’t work.

It seems that AG is selling at a loss.....

Or maybe they managed to reduce the VES surcharge by 10K just like they did for their Grandland/Crossland?

OK. let me talk about OPEL reliability here.

Drove the Astra 1.4 T for 24 months already, made numerous trips up north. No issues.

If I do not have faith in the brand, I would not have bought an Opel. Read all my posts in this thread since early 2017 and you will get the picture.

Making another trip to Selangor in a few weeks time.

Cheers.

It's normal not to have problems in the first few years, regardless of trips north

I wouldn't be so sure for brands like citroen, Peugeot, Volkswagen and Renault.

I wouldn't be so sure those brands are problematic too

Yah lor, so far already got astra goes nearly 100k km lor. Naysayers just go on giving stupid comments lor.. yes, you can give me dislike if you want, unless you can tell me 1 brand 10 years 100% confirmed and chop no issues.

Yah lor, so far already got astra goes nearly 100k km lor. Naysayers just go on giving stupid comments lor.. yes, you can give me dislike if you want, unless you can tell me 1 brand 10 years 100% confirmed and chop no issues.

Let me speak from experience. My previous previous previous car, Korean nake: 2 bulbs blown within 2 years, battery change at 18 months. My previous Japanese car, ABS Sensor changed at 23rd month. I can say more but no point.

Let me speak from experience. My previous previous previous car, Korean nake: 2 bulbs blown within 2 years, battery change at 18 months. My previous Japanese car, ABS Sensor changed at 23rd month. I can say more but no point.

I consider these as wear and tear. Not an issue with the korean or jap made ride. For astra, the worse i saw is actuator issue which require 1 or 2 days for AG to replace.

who gives a damn. just drive, enjoy, cannot alrdy then go find a new love can liao.

You're right. Just buy n enjoy. The problem is when ppl start complaining about problems n costs. Cars and parts will always be expensive here. And it's inevitable conti car parts will be priced higher too
  • Praise 1

Unlikely. Cos I didn't even accelerate hard. Rpm below 2k during moving off and the steering turned left by itself.

Did u get this fixed yet? Same issue.

Did u get this fixed yet? Same issue.

Yeah. I think so. Agent swap my left and right tyre around and it was okay liao.

After that brought it to my own tyre shop and they said my tyres were bloated liao. They might have caused the drifting.

So I changed all 4 tyres to new Michelin PS4. So far no issue.

Sound serious.. book a date wif AG lah

Went many times already. Not that serious just not shiok when driving straight.

Yeah. I think so. Agent swap my left and right tyre around and it was okay liao.

After that brought it to my own tyre shop and they said my tyres were bloated liao. They might have caused the drifting.

So I changed all 4 tyres to new Michelin PS4. So far no issue.

Everytime I send in and take back it's nice for 2 weeks. Then goes off again. So maybe when due tire see how

Went many times already. Not that serious just not shiok when driving straight.

Everytime I send in and take back it's nice for 2 weeks. Then goes off again. So maybe when due tire see how

I am using the new tyres for 1 mth. My daily mileage is 40km. Weekend higher mileage. I clocked about 1000km on this new tyres.

If the same drifting to left problem re surface, then I can justify to AG that there is something wrong with the undercarriage.

Cos issues with the undercarriage can also cause uneven tyre wear etc which can cause drifting.

↡ Advertisement