Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

I am using the new tyres for 1 mth. My daily mileage is 40km. Weekend higher mileage. I clocked about 1000km on this new tyres.

If the same drifting to left problem re surface, then I can justify to AG that there is something wrong with the undercarriage.

Cos issues with the undercarriage can also cause uneven tyre wear etc which can cause drifting.

Saw on UK forums one guy had this same problem and problem solved after replacing the steering angle sensor I believe. 

Saw on UK forums one guy had this same problem and problem solved after replacing the steering angle sensor I believe.

For my case, they re do my steering wheel calibration and swapped my front tyre. (Left to Right and vice versa)

Previously they did the steering wheel calibration but to no avail.

With new set of tyres, so far so good. *touch wood*

Side note, I ordered new Alutec Shark 18 rims. Cos my current OZ rims got quite badly dented due to hard impact with island kerb to avoid a motorbike. Many rim shops told me my damage very hard to repair.

And my OZ rims need 5mm spacer to fit my BBK.

The Alutec Shark rims has enough offset to fit my BBK without spacer.

So for those that want to install 6 pot BBK, make sure your rims have enough offset.

My OZ rims is meant for BBK already but 6 pot really too big.

• Praise 1

For my case, they re do my steering wheel calibration and swapped my front tyre. (Left to Right and vice versa)

Side note, I ordered new Alutec Shark 18 rims. Cos my current OZ rims got quite badly dented due to hard impact with island kerb to avoid a motorbike. Many rim shops told me my damage very hard to repair.

So for those that want to install 6 pot BBK, make sure your rims have enough offset.

.. how do we check for suitable rims off set, if our BBK spacer is 15mm. Anyone?

.. how do we check for suitable rims off set, if our BBK spacer is 15mm. Anyone?

Where did you order your Alutec 18" from? So hard to find rims of 5x105 around. Via online?

• Praise 1

For my case, it was abit of trial and error.

It's based on your caliper width size and rotor width size.

We tot that my OZ rims which is meant for BBK was enough. End up cannot fit and we measured the clearance required was another 5mm spacer.

Your BBK is 6 pot also? What rims are you using?

Where did you order your Alutec 18" from? So hard to find rims of 5x105 around. Via online?

I ordered from South East Tyre.

I looked around via website based on the specs of the rims I required and found that alutec has the size I needed and South East Tyre carried this brand.

So I ordered with South East Tyre and waiting for the container to reached SG.

For PCD 5X105, So far I know 2 brands carry it. OZ and Alutec.

Typically the European brands of rims have this size of PCD.

BBS dont have this PCD also.

For OZ, can go to YHI. They are SG's OZ distributor.

Personally, I prefer OZ because OZ's rims are very light.

Stock Astra 17in rims is 10.5kg per rim. OZ Leggera HLT 18in is 9.5kg.

We weighted the rims at YHI.

Alutec rims is much heavier. The new Alutec Shark 18in is 11.5kg. So it is heavier than stock by 1kg per rim.

• Praise 1

I am thinking of switching to coilovers. Anyone here tried coilovers in our astra k?

Bilstein B14 coilover is compatible with our Astra K.

Hi, anyone have change their car battery already?

Mine coming to 2 years by month end & so far still going well. During last servicing in Mar, the battery status is at average.

I'm likely to drive up North in Jun. Do you guys recommend to change battery before the trip just to be safe?

Thanks.

Mine coming to 2 years by month end & so far still going well. During last servicing in Mar, the battery status is at average.

I'm likely to drive up North in Jun. Do you guys recommend to change battery before the trip just to be safe?

Thanks.

I change my car battery once a year regardless of whether the battery still good or not. Because I had a bad experience in my old car where the battery failed unexpectedly and I was late for a very important meeting.

For your case, I would change it because I never want to be stucked overseas with a failed battery. Not that there is no tow truck or workshop up north that can replace the battery, just that I prefer my car to always be in optimal condition where possible because of my bad experience.

Supersonic

Thanks.

It's not worth the trouble and hassle to save that small amount bro..

Guys, i cannot find a answer hope you can help. Does astra collision mitigation alert is just alert or will brake the car by itself? Thank you

I change my car battery once a year regardless of whether the battery still good or not. Because I had a bad experience in my old car where the battery failed unexpectedly and I was late for a very important meeting.

For your case, I would change it because I never want to be stucked overseas with a failed battery. Not that there is no tow truck or workshop up north that can replace the battery, just that I prefer my car to always be in optimal condition where possible because of my bad experience.

thanks for the advice! would get it change before my trip.

Actually, apart from our battery, there's also another risk which is our tires... ours don't comes with a spare tire & i don't how easy to use the repair kit provided  [:p]

Guys, i cannot find a answer hope you can help. Does astra collision mitigation alert is just alert or will brake the car by itself? Thank you

should alert only. no balls to really try. lol.

Teo2000, on 27 Dec 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Please note that Astra cars imported by AG to Singapore is equipped with Collision Alert but NOT ACTIVE EMERGENCY BRAKING.

This means the car will not apply brakes for you. Your 2 eyes and your foot are the safest bet.

That was said by the Service Advisor at that time during a Astra Meet the People Session (Got free makan plus some freebies). He told us when Collision Alert is activated, it will "prep" the brakes to be more sensitive.Dunno about 2018 models, though.

Cheers

I already experienced on three separate occasions where the collision mitigation kicked in. Twice were false alarm but pretty close encounter. Once it saved my front bumper.

The collision mitigation will only be activated when your speed is below 60km/h iirc. Anything above it will just beep.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I already experienced on three separate occasions where the collision mitigation kicked in. Twice were false alarm but pretty close encounter. Once it saved my front bumper.

The collision mitigation will only be activated when your speed is below 60km/h iirc. Anything above it will just beep.

I personally encountered the auto braking. My car is a 2016 Astra K 1.4T.

It was at very low speed. Just moved off from traffic light. It auto braked cos the lorry infront of me suddenly slowed down a lot.

I called agent after this happened and they told me that at low speed activation, the car may auto brake.

I have the dash cam video of the auto braking.

And I also noticed that during that incident, I was accelerating. And when the auto brake kicked in, the brake pedal went fully depressed without my inputs. My legs was still on my throttle pedal when it happened.

Edited by Whattheheck

(edited)

Okay nvm. It doesn't allow me to attach my dash cam video. Maybe I will put it in YouTube and share the link.

Edited by Whattheheck
↡ Advertisement