Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Yah, mine is coming 2 yrs 8 months, and just did my 60k service in June. 

So far is very happy, the only problem I had was not able to get ard the issue of foreign downloaded Android Auto, and so i didnt use it for a while. Then early part of the year, AA became available in play store,  and worked well, until the new update got into issue with my huawei nova 3I. 

Whenever I plug the huawei phone and launch AA, the car will start to dance when moving off.  Tested with other phones and problem became better. Just dump the huawei,  changed to an oppo reno,  and for 2 weeks, the oppo reno integrated perfectly with the car. 

The phone even comes with AA pre-loaded, no need to download any apps, and the new AA works wonderfully with the Astra. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So check if any new software is not integrating well first, and dont kpkb is the car problem. 

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Shouyi said:

https://www.completecar.ie/car-reviews/article/Opel/Astra/Astra_1.4_Turbo_(2020)/1572/9436/2019-Opel-Astra-1.4-Turbo-(2020)-review.html

Above is another review of the facelifted Astra 1.4T CVT. With CO2 emission of 112g/km, the car could potentially qualify for VES band A1, which means a $10K rebate. 

not as if the car will be sold at 10k cheaper.

buyer loses out at the end of the day cause of lower parf. 

On 10/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, ferrytales said:

not as if the car will be sold at 10k cheaper.

buyer loses out at the end of the day cause of lower parf. 

If dealer can sell at 10k or near to the differences, I will accept lower parf. Parf in itself is a flaw and the winner is government and the banks. Yes, I will take back 50% of it but why should I pay interest over this amount? Worst, I am losing 10 years interest of this amount in bank. 

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Sopskysalat said:

If dealer can sell at 10k or near to the differences, I will accept lower parf. Parf in itself is a flaw and the winner is government and the banks. Yes, I will take back 50% of it but why should I pay interest over this amount? Worst, I am losing 10 years interest of this amount in bank. 

no one asked you to take any loan and you wont be incurring any interest if you didn't take a loan.

of course there is balloon scheme as well which factors in the parf to lower your loan. 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

no one asked you to take any loan and you wont be incurring any interest if you didn't take a loan.

of course there is balloon scheme as well which factors in the parf to lower your loan. 

He cannot afford to buy without loan. 

8 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

He cannot afford to buy without loan. 

He is saying that he will lose 10 years worth of interest if that money was in the bank. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

He is saying that he will lose 10 years worth of interest if that money was in the bank. 

yes, you got it right. As for others, what is the issue on buying with loan too? Buying with loan often results in discount which one can compute cost of interest against discount received. 

The whole scheme is as if using CPF for housing mortgage. Why should I pay my own $$$ with accured interest when the money is mine! 

Many argue the need for high parf blah blah... but the scheme has no value. It artificially inflated purchased price, loan cost (if any) or forgone interest (if in bank).

Of course, one can argue if dealer will pass through cost saving to buyer blah blah... Also, if one looks deeper into this non-G coe scheme, it is did state min. price of coe dealer will bid for it. Just rebate amount. It is one-sided contract which allows dealer to act on its own discretion in selling to you. The whole car scene is complicated by LTA which allow dealers to exploit various unfair schemes against consumers.   

On 10/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, Sopskysalat said:

yes, you got it right. As for others, what is the issue on buying with loan too? Buying with loan often results in discount which one can compute cost of interest against discount received. 

The whole scheme is as if using CPF for housing mortgage. Why should I pay my own $$$ with accured interest when the money is mine! 

Many argue the need for high parf blah blah... but the scheme has no value. It artificially inflated purchased price, loan cost (if any) or forgone interest (if in bank).

Of course, one can argue if dealer will pass through cost saving to buyer blah blah... Also, if one looks deeper into this non-G coe scheme, it is did state min. price of coe dealer will bid for it. Just rebate amount. It is one-sided contract which allows dealer to act on its own discretion in selling to you. The whole car scene is complicated by LTA which allow dealers to exploit various unfair schemes against consumers.   

....the whole damn thing about COe implemented was to fatten up the coffer..n likewise AD ride on the bandwagon...imho

On 10/30/2019 at 9:41 AM, Kezg1 said:

....the whole damn thing about COe implemented was to fatten up the coffer..n likewise AD ride on the bandwagon...imho

I just think, have 200% or 300% ARF is better than COE system. COE system fluctuates with quota and economy performance whereas nett ARF tax makes pricing more stable and predictable.

Hi everyone,

I am a new owner of Astra K 1.0A. I bought it second hand its 3 years old. I facing some issue with the gearbox after collection of vehicle 😭. Its jerk alot, really sluggish and sometime when I try accelerate it have a flat spot it will not respond. Getting a little bit frustrated thou. Hope some bros here can give me some advice. 

Redjohn55.. Astra 1.0 is using MTA gearbox. You shld know this when you test drove the car. 

You have to gently coax the accelerator from gear 1 to 3 at least. Meaning depress from moving off.. Let rpm go to near 3K then release then accelerate again. Repeat till you hit 80km there about. Or chose to manual mode. Go read up more on MTA gearbox or join Opel facebook forum to get more tips / poisons. 

Welcome to Opel group! 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Plain to see GB is up for overhaul if no fault was found on engine. 

😭😭😭 Anyone overhaul GB here? Damage?

↡ Advertisement