Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Thank you guys for the replies. It is assuring to know there is such function to assist.

All SE I spoken to, "NO" is their reply.

It saved your front, but it may got your back hit if the one behind failed to brake too.

Here is the video on YouTube.

(edited)

Thank you guys for the replies. It is assuring to know there is such function to assist.

All SE I spoken to, "NO" is their reply.

It saved your front, but it may got your back hit if the one behind failed to brake too.

But I must also caveat, this only happened to me once. It only happened when the speed is low and my legs was still on the accelerator.

My advice is dont depend on it. It's good to have as a backup.

And you are right. The poor Honda behind me almost rear ended me and he swerved to avoid.

I use engine brake most of the time now. See red light I just ease up on the throttle and roll to a stop. Need to conserve my brake pads. When i changed to BBK, i forgot to ask how much is the brembo pad replacement going to cost. Lol.

Edited by Whattheheck

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi to all Opel Astra bros. 

I sat in my friend's Astra 1.0 turbo today and found that the safety features is really impressive. However, when i checked SCM now, AG is only selling the 1.4A turbo version. Furthermore, it is classified as CatB COE, and with $20,000 VES surcharge. 

At the price point of 97777, compared to a Jazz 1.3A LX of 73999, can some bros here provide the advantages of Astra 1.4a compared to eg Jazz 1.3a lx?

Edited by Ecnalx
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Hi bro, I don’t think it is fair to compare astra to jazz.

You should compare maybe the i30 or similar range. It’s a turbo car.

Firstly, it is a conti car. In my opinion, it pretty much win the jazz in almost every single area except price and practicality? The look inside and out, the features, the performance. There is no comparison.

Edited by Xcelon

I sat in my friend's Astra 1.0 turbo today and found that the safety features is really impressive. However, when i checked SCM now, AG is only selling the 1.4A turbo version. Furthermore, it is classified as CatB COE, and with $20,000 VES surcharge.

At the price point of 97777, compared to a Jazz 1.3A LX of 73999, can some bros here provide the advantages of Astra 1.4a compared to eg Jazz 1.3a lx?

Considering that you even asked to compare it with the Jazz, I wouldn’t recommend this car for you. No offence but owning this car is not fuss free. Especially dealing with servicing and changing of wear and tear hardware

So if you are really keen on getting this then better to do more research if not sure kena carrot by outside workshop.

Then will be another case of saying Conti Nor t reliable and expensive to repair:)

....Astra is more sturdy and solid but cant compare to Jazz....you are getting a 1.4 for sub 100k Continental car....if you want more than

a B&B car....then Astra is the one.... cruising 150 km at NSHW its still very stable...been there done that..and not to mention overtaking is a bliss.....your call

Compare jazz to a Astra?

Please get a jazz or fit.

There is a reason why people chose a Astra or a conti car in the first place.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Driving Astra 1.4A Turbo is way more shiok than Jazz 1.3A :)

Even the Astra 1.0A Turbo is more powerful than Jazz, it can reach 150km/h on NSHW quite easily.

Avoid the 1.0A if you doesn't like the automated manual transmission, the gear change is slow, and can be jerky at low speed.

The price of Jazz is very good, in fact it feels more spacious in a Jazz. But Kah Motor doesn't bring in the standard 6-airbag safety feature, and also no option for Honda Sensing.

New Honda Jazz will be launched in Japan very soon, it should arrive in Singapore at the end of 2020. If you get the current Jazz, it will become an old model very soon.

Edited by Yishun
  • Praise 1

how's the astra compared to golf?

Astra has more features than Golf.

Golf has better gear shift.....

overall I dont like the braking of VW.....

$230 exclude gst to change brake pads front and rear for astra at outside workshop still consider expensive? Quite a few done at stocklist united motors.

anyone know which brake pad to go for astra sports tourer 1.0?

https://www.partsbingo.com/ccatalogs/totalcatalog/?st=50&l=YnJhbmRfaWQ9PTU2MXx8bW9kZWxfaWQ9PTE0ODcwfHxtZGZfaWQ9PTBeMTE3NzE5fHxzcGFyZV9pZD09MTAwMDMw

is oem part number 13478300 and 13478301 both compatible?

thank you.

Compare jazz to a Astra?

Please get a jazz or fit.

There is a reason why people chose a Astra or a conti car in the first place.

Why get an astra and give yourself problems 5 yrs later?

Go for the jazz. Comes with agent warranty n reliability wise it's no horse run.

Go for the jazz. Comes with agent warranty n reliability wise it's no horse run.

You are right, take MRT the best no worries!!! You seems very sure Opel after 5 years sure got problem... Care to share? Also jazz after 5 years would be problemless??

Thats the difference between want or need to drive.

I obviously is the former while you probably is the latter. 

• Praise 3

Opel also got agent warranty. 5 years also.

And many ppl have the impression that jap cars are more reliable. That is true in the past. No longer the case now.

These are issues that my own family and friends kena.

Toyota Altis Elegance - Knocking noise from brakes when braking. Agent say normal. Normal my backside.

Mazda 3 Deluxe - HUD spoil and steering wheel leather peel off within 3mths of car collection.

Honda Civic 1.5T - Centre console and dashboard rattling.

All car brands have their own issue.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4