Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Twincharged

Opel also got agent warranty. 5 years also.

And many ppl have the impression that jap cars are more reliable. That is true in the past. No longer the case now.

These are issues that my own family and friends kena.

Toyota Altis Elegance - Knocking noise from brakes when braking. Agent say normal. Normal my backside.

Mazda 3 Deluxe - HUD spoil and steering wheel leather peel off within 3mths of car collection.

Honda Civic 1.5T - Centre console and dashboard rattling.

All car brands have their own issue.

You are absolutely right, that includes Bentley. But you learn to look at the good and ignore the bad and live with it.

Personally, I can never understand why people buy Ferrari unless too much money dont know where and how to spend. First no road in SG allows you to see the potential the reason it is made. Secondly, cannot anyhow park unless you want lots of finger and palm prints. Third, there is a way you need to learn to get into the car. Fourth, why attract attention especially Mr Taxman.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Opel also got agent warranty. 5 years also.

And many ppl have the impression that jap cars are more reliable. That is true in the past. No longer the case now.

These are issues that my own family and friends kena.

Toyota Altis Elegance - Knocking noise from brakes when braking. Agent say normal. Normal my backside.

Mazda 3 Deluxe - HUD spoil and steering wheel leather peel off within 3mths of car collection.

Honda Civic 1.5T - Centre console and dashboard rattling.

All car brands have their own issue.

Roger that. [laugh]

5 years warranty also no use..

AG can't even fix it.. always use "normal" as a reason.. Astra has good features and cheap.. but let down by poor interior build and poor agent... unless every day u drove above 120km/h and don't mind the rattles or road noises.. u can consider the car.. so far after 3 years.. it has yet to break down..

AG can't even fix it.. always use "normal" as a reason.. Astra has good features and cheap.. but let down by poor interior build and poor agent... unless every day u drove above 120km/h and don't mind the rattles or road noises.. u can consider the car.. so far after 3 years.. it has yet to break down..

It's not easy to trouble shoot noise issues. Cannot solve issues then become normal issues. A lot of AD do that, not only AG.

To be fair, rattle noise very hard to fix. Cos the sound will propagate within the car's empty spaces.

My Kia K3 (before I bought my Opel) had a lot of issues upon car delivery inspection. Damaged paint job, bonnet misaligned, rattle in dashboard area. During inspection, both me and SE wrote down in the defect list. Say bring back during servicing can fix.

Guess what, service side say normal. I asked them if paint damage, misaligned bonnet and rattling is considered normal. They say normal and nth they can do. I told them I will sue them. They tot I am kidding.

I got my dad's lawyer friend to draft a letter to them. Suddenly their service manager arranged meeting with me to offer to fix the issues and even arranged a courtesy car for me.

So it is not just AG doing it. It seems that the whole industry is doing it. In the hopes that the owner will be bulls**t by them.

Too bad for them, my family opens car repair workshop. We know our stuffs.

• Praise 1

Looking at astra for my first ride. 99k advertised price, same as skoda Octavia. Still deciding since itâs both 1.4turbo..

i brought at end mar 19. 2 months old. great car to drive.

some minor rattling/creaking here and there but not a big deal thou.

7000km in. avg 11/12km per L.

• Praise 1

i brought at end mar 19. 2 months old. great car to drive.

some minor rattling/creaking here and there but not a big deal thou.

7000km in. avg 11/12km per L.

Haha. Time to poison you again. Come change rims leh. I ordered new rims and coilover. Waiting for the stock to reach SG. Hahaha.

I ordered Alutec Shark 18in and Bilstein B14 coilover.

• Praise 1

Haha. Time to poison you again. Come change rims leh. I ordered new rims and coilover. Waiting for the stock to reach SG. Hahaha.

Care To share how much is the B14 coilover..where u order? Maybe cam pm me.. Thks

nah. i want wrap the car. lol.
  • Praise 1

anyone know which brake pad to go for astra sports tourer 1.0?

https://www.partsbingo.com/ccatalogs/totalcatalog/?st=50&l=YnJhbmRfaWQ9PTU2MXx8bW9kZWxfaWQ9PTE0ODcwfHxtZGZfaWQ9PTBeMTE3NzE5fHxzcGFyZV9pZD09MTAwMDMw

is oem part number 13478300 and 13478301 both compatible?

thank you.

I use the first number to check with local stockist. Both 1.0 and 1.4 brake system uses the same size.

• Praise 1

I use the first number to check with local stockist. Both 1.0 and 1.4 brake system uses the same size.

Thank you. so the rotor is 276mm diameter. the later part number is for  300mm diameter.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thank you. so the rotor is 276mm diameter. the later part number is for 300mm diameter.

No problem... Rear rotor is 264mm if you are looking for rear pads in the future. Edited by Dh6211
  • Praise 1

No problem... Rear rotor is 264mm if you are looking for rear pads in the future.

Does it mean that both front and rear brake pads use the same part no.? Oem Part Number 13478300?

• Praise 1

Does it mean that both front and rear brake pads use the same part no.? Oem Part Number 13478300?

No... It's a different part number. 39037199
  • Praise 1

New rims. Alutec Shark 18in

Mind sharing how much does it cost inclusive of shipping + installation & Tyres. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Praise 1

Mind sharing how much does it cost inclusive of shipping + installation & Tyres.

Thanks in advance!

About 1.7k for rims. No shipping freight cost because I tagged it to their periodic container shipment. Just nice when I ordered, they had a planned shipment for the next month. I got my tyres at a another place before I ordered my rims.
↡ Advertisement