Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

Yeah looks gd. I worry abt the reliabilty only. If nt alot of buyers i worry abt the availability of parts. Family owned a fiat previously and it was quite bad. Wanna repair also have to wait.

Heard fr the SE everything will change when the Astra is launch. They be bucking up with back up support and after sales service.. And promise to keep parts affordable with min downtime..

I think the after sales is the main issue.. Guess that if they wanna built up the brand, they will be serious in all this bits & pieces area to regain consumer confidence again..

Looking forward to having a test drive soon before I commit

↡ Advertisement

Heard fr the SE everything will change when the Astra is launch. They be bucking up with back up support and after sales service.. And promise to keep parts affordable with min downtime..

I think the after sales is the main issue.. Guess that if they wanna built up the brand, they will be serious in all this bits & pieces area to regain consumer confidence again..

Looking forward to having a test drive soon before I commit

In my opinion. Opel is quite a reliable car in term of quality. Just that people tend to go for VW . And most Opel make in Belgium.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

They do not have the previous gen Astra for you to try out? If not go next door to Chevrolet. Same company anyways.

Just take the 1.4L turbo Cruze for a spin.[/quote

Previous Gen 没有了。 I went to Chevy, open the Cruze car door, got those cheap plastic smell lei..

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 3

Hmm thats sales talk. SG market is too small and if they dont sell enough Astra. Parts will definitely be an issue. Esp if the car is not reliable. Do they give 5 years warranty? 

Anyway the 1 litre coming in? Straitstimes only mentioned 1.4 turbo charge.

Seems the 1.0 and 1.4 are both available, including the tourer. 

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_listing.php?MOD=Opel

• Praise 3

It's disappointing that they are "cheapening" the brand by bringing in lower end models. Insignia from 2. 0l previously to 1. 6l. Now 1. 0l astra.

For Alpine, Chevrolet is delivering much more numbers compared to Opel.

They probably trying to tweak the market position for Opel a little bit.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Yeah the 1.0 looks quite ex given that it has 15k cevs. 1.4 has 5k cevs and is not alot more expensive.

Just dropped by to have a look. 1.0 is now 99k, 1.4 is 114k. Pricing is competitive vs the rest of its class. Warranty is 5 years unlimited mileage. 

Edited by Magfocus
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Seems like the AD is getting serious to improve sales of Opel? I saw a few truck load of new Astra (sedan, hatchback & estate model), as well as a very surprising model, that I guess not many of you are aware off...

68zs5s.png

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

Seems like the AD is getting serious to improve sales of Opel? I saw a few truck load of new Astra (sedan, hatchback & estate model), as well as a very surprising model, that I guess not many of you are aware off...

68zs5s.png

Wha bro, u real car paparazzi haha!!

Looks like a Fiat to me but surely not? Also I thought the Astra only comes in HB and Estate, how come got sedan?

• Praise 5

Supercharged

68zs5s.png

Com mon leh, the transport vehicle is not even full with 6 cars you say serious...

Just dropped by to have a look. 1.0 is now 99k, 1.4 is 114k. Pricing is competitive vs the rest of its class. Warranty is 5 years unlimited mileage. 

1.4T, 148bhp and 245nm (like 2 liter power) at 114k is really good price given the coe hike.

• Praise 1

Wha bro, u real car paparazzi haha!!

Looks like a Fiat to me but surely not? Also I thought the Astra only comes in HB and Estate, how come got sedan?

The one on the truck are Opel Insigna & Adam.

Opel-Insignia-2014-1600-01.jpgOpel-Adam-2013-1600-25.jpg

The Astra Sedan and Tourer look like these:

Opel-Astra_Sedan-2013-1600-05.jpgOpel-Astra_Sports_Tourer-2016-1600-01.jp

Com mon leh, the transport vehicle is not even full with 6 cars you say serious...

1.4T, 148bhp and 245nm (like 2 liter power) at 114k is really good price given the coe hike.

This is not the only truck I spotted. [;)]

• Praise 7

The one on the truck are Opel Insigna & Adam.

I didn't know about this Adam, it looks exactly like the Fiat 500!!

I also was not aware of the Astra sedan cos sgcarmart only showed the HB and Estate.

It looks swee [thumbsup]

Opel somehow has not really taken off here, being German, its quality should be there but reliability I'm not sure as not much feedback so far, good luck to them as good to have more competitors!!

• Praise 8

Sounds gd. Any extra freebies? Servicing etc?

Didnt ask with regards to freebies and servicing, but sales guy did mention something about car cameras, tinting etc, the usual stuff. 

Saw the car today. Overall looks good but will not come with their key selling features (i.e. matrix LED, infotainment system is the smaller screen version, ventilated seats). The antena is not the sharkfin type, quite an eyesore. No paddle shifters, electric seats, memory seats, no rear aircon, only 1 USB. Guess they are trying to keep the price down.

Saw the car today. Overall looks good but will not come with their key selling features (i.e. matrix LED, infotainment system is the smaller screen version, ventilated seats). The antena is not the sharkfin type, quite an eyesore. No paddle shifters, electric seats, memory seats, no rear aircon, only 1 USB. Guess they are trying to keep the price down.

Saw the car yday too.. Overall car feels very sturdy & well built.. Price wise competitive. Test driven the 1.4, handling & power feels good.. haven got a chance to test drive the 1.0.. Still can't decide which to go for..

They having a launch at suntec on the 23rd June.. Wondering if they have any special items to throw in

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1