Opel Astra 2016

ki_chiu

The website nt very accurate. Some of the innovation trim features are not included in the sg model. E.g. electric seats

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

have they screwed up the pricing for Adam? 

It's the price of a SG astra Base model. which effectively being a much smaller vehicle. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

test drove the 1.4T......coming from a 1.6M NA driver i must say it offers a much more spirited drive than my current old kimchi....

space wise of course compact hatchback is smaller than my sedan, but comfort level much higher hence compensates for the less passenger space, yet by no means frugal for both front and back, as legroom is very reasonable for adults and angles are rather ergonomic as well. boot space is certainly nothing to write home about but practical enough for a small family maybe. can see alot of effort put into making space for both front, rear and trunk. rather well balanced.

infotainment is very complete with standard mutifunction steering + bluetooth + Apple carplay......user interface looks very refined as well. i like that all these come from factory (i think?) instead of being fitted locally.

start stop is very easy to use and along with speeding down the test route, the whole experience was quite a refined one. engine noise certainly present on high revs but imo its not extremely intrusive (again coming from an old kimchi drive).

hope bros here are right on the conventional 6 speed auto here.....gear change generally seamless to me , but still worried about continental "special" gearboxes.

solar films and reverse camera is pretty much standard for this launch. 

Edited by Aaur4man
  • Praise 2

Any Bros collected your astra already? Care to share the experience and photos?

hahaha... anyone collected car already??

wanna share to watsapp chat group to share experience and advice?

I dun mind setting up if anyone is keen....just pm me ur hp...

test drove the 1.4T......coming from a 1.6M NA driver i must say it offers a much more spirited drive than my current old kimchi....

space wise of course compact hatchback is smaller than my sedan, but comfort level much higher hence compensates for the less passenger space, yet by no means frugal for both front and back, as legroom is very reasonable for adults and angles are rather ergonomic as well. boot space is certainly nothing to write home about but practical enough for a small family maybe. can see alot of effort put into making space for both front, rear and trunk. rather well balanced.

infotainment is very complete with standard mutifunction steering + bluetooth + Apple carplay......user interface looks very refined as well. i like that all these come from factory (i think?) instead of being fitted locally.

start stop is very easy to use and along with speeding down the test route, the whole experience was quite a refined one. engine noise certainly present on high revs but imo its not extremely intrusive (again coming from an old kimchi drive).

hope bros here are right on the conventional 6 speed auto here.....gear change generally seamless to me , but still worried about continental "special" gearboxes.

solar films and reverse camera is pretty much standard for this launch. 

the 6 speed auto gear is probably one of the more reliable gearbox in the market since many other car makers are using it.... one of the reasons i decided to go with the 1.4l too....

Any Bros collected your astra already? Care to share the experience and photos?

Me me me
  • Praise 1

Me me me ð collected on Sat!!! Have been enjoying myself since and clock around 300km this 2 days. So far still have around 3/4 petrol left..

The thing abt new car is u can't stand abit of dirt on the car.. Kenah bird shit nia immediately must wipe off and leave no water mark behind!!! Lol

Luckily it didn't rain.. Else I'll be busy washing car ð

Share photo lei!!!

Neutral Newbie

What's the omv of the 1.4t thinking of 1.0 but like not enough power. My 2010 Astra was great to drive. Can't forget it even after 2 cars in between.

Me me me ð collected on Sat!!! Have been enjoying myself since and clock around 300km this 2 days. So far still have around 3/4 petrol left..

The thing abt new car is u can't stand abit of dirt on the car.. Kenah bird shit nia immediately must wipe off and leave no water mark behind!!! Lol

Luckily it didn't rain.. Else I'll be busy washing car ð

Is yours SLD or SLE?

What brand is the front and rear camera and how is it wired (direct to the car battery)?

Still driving my Astra H 1.8 from Day 1 - 7.5 years old now. The longest I've had a car!

(Had an Astra G Manual 1.4 previously - I bought it when it was 6.5 years old and drove it all the way to the last day. That good experience was why I bought the Astra H brand new.)

Reading all this, and having gone down to Suntec and also Ubi, I am very tempted to now get the new Astra! (Only thing stopping me is that I still have 2.5 years left of my current Astra!)

• Praise 3

Strange combo of engine size and tourer body.

Any news when they will bring in the 1.4t Sports Tourer? Currently the Tourer is only available in the 1.0t

• Praise 2

Still driving my Astra H 1.8 from Day 1 - 7.5 years old now. The longest I've had a car!

(Had an Astra G Manual 1.4 previously - I bought it when it was 6.5 years old and drove it all the way to the last day. That good experience was why I bought the Astra H brand new.)

Reading all this, and having gone down to Suntec and also Ubi, I am very tempted to now get the new Astra! (Only thing stopping me is that I still have 2.5 years left of my current Astra!)

how was ur experience with the reliability of the car, and anyone knows how  long Auto Germany had been the AD ?

new to Opel  [blush]

(edited)

those who collected, the rear suspension is watts link, or not?

Edited by Aaur4man
↡ Advertisement