Anti Slip/Slip-resistant floor coating

Vtim

Wanted to do for my 2 toilets, any expert here can advice which type to go for?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

no experience.

But when my parents redid the flooring for their toilet under HDB upgrading.

They took tile samples from the shop and actually put water on the tiles and rub their feet against it lol  [laugh]

• Praise 2

(edited)

no longer qualify for EASE as both parents no longer around

no experience.

But when my parents redid the flooring for their toilet under HDB upgrading.

They took tile samples from the shop and actually put water on the tiles and rub their feet against it lol  [laugh]

Last night, I slip when going to the toilet to shower before I sleep, sprain left knee, almost did "一字马"    [laugh]

Edited by Vtim

Can go to those huge tiles shop like Soon Bee Huat and ask around. Another one I know is in Defu lane, cheaper but look run down. 

Then ask your contractor to get from there if you have preferred one. The selection sure beat those HDB shops gao gao.

www.sbh.com.sg

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I had done the HDB EASE and it is good.

Before that I bought a Jackie (I think) non-slip treatment from Horme (1 Ubi Crescent).

Not sure about the effect, bcuz I may not have applied it correctly and didn't bother after I got the EASE.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

i've tried the anti slip thing for my house toilet by some contractors when my child was very young. children tend to run around and

they would run into the toilet too. it is extremely dangerous for a child to run into a wet toilet when the floor tiles is wet with pond of

shower water.   

how this thing works is, the contractor actually applied some forms of sticky glue like solution onto the toilet floor tiles. it is not a

permanent solution though. you need to re-apply after every few months when the effect gets worn out.

well imo, the anti slip thing doesn't work well for our toilet becos our toilet is not only wet, it is usually wet with soap water and this make

the floor very slippery like a piece of glass. imagine children running into the toilet bare footed with pond of soap water?

my advice is, get a really rough floor tiles. and never use your finger to test the texture of the tile surface to see if it is rough enough

becos you do not use your finger to walk, you use your feet and when your body weight add with movement, the floor tile with simple

texture on the surface added with soap water will just be as slippery as like a piece of glass surface.

for safety, i hacked my 2 toilet floor and re-tile them with tiles that have very rough texture. 

I engaged G-MES ... did it in early 2015. At that time, they quoted for about $220++ for 2 toilets for 4-room HDB flat.

This is w/o any EASE scheme or subsidy.

So far with proper mainteinance, it is quite good.

Hypersonic

no longer qualify for EASE as both parents no longer around

Last night, I slip when going to the toilet to shower before I sleep, sprain left knee, almost did "一字马" [laugh]

Maybe can call EASE toll free line kaysiao ask what they do for anti slip n check outside for prices

• Praise 4

Supercharged

u shld go see tiles shop and ask for recommendation. Go to reputable ones.  they will have range of choices to choose, depending on yr budget.

↡ Advertisement