New Suzuki Vitara 2016

GohLaiChye

Ask for it. Its not difficult to get it thrown in.

tks bro, although i have just "delisted" this ride fr my shortlist..

SE kept tryin to convince me life is short, can afford just buy.. true to certain extent but i don't appreciate such comments esp coming fr SE. i'm not expecting good svc fr him..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

tks bro, although i have just "delisted" this ride fr my shortlist..

SE kept tryin to convince me life is short, can afford just buy.. true to certain extent but i don't appreciate such comments esp coming fr SE. i'm not expecting good svc fr him..

I'm with you if i encounter such SE...

Affordability is so subjective. Afford the down-payment? the monthly installments? Paid in full then consider can afford?

When buying a car, doesn't mean can afford then just buy.. is about if you think the money paid is worth the car you're getting. One can afford a 100k car but that does not means he should just go ahead & buy it... He may feel is more prudent to just get a 90k one & use the 10k saving for his kids education or retirement planning etc..

But then can't also fully fault the SE as they're just salesman & closing a sales is their ricebowl after all. If u indeed like the car & in no hurry to change, can always wait to see if the price will move in your favor & by then can get another SE who's not so pushy.

• Praise 2

I'm with you if i encounter such SE...

Affordability is so subjective. Afford the down-payment? the monthly installments? Paid in full then consider can afford?

When buying a car, doesn't mean can afford then just buy.. is about if you think the money paid is worth the car you're getting. One can afford a 100k car but that does not means he should just go ahead & buy it... He may feel is more prudent to just get a 90k one & use the 10k saving for his kids education or retirement planning etc..

But then can't also fully fault the SE as they're just salesman & closing a sales is their ricebowl after all. If u indeed like the car & in no hurry to change, can always wait to see if the price will move in your favor & by then can get another SE who's not so pushy.

i know they earning a living but i prefer a more objective SE.. maybe to him such reasoning is objective.. good n honest SE r few n far in between..

of cos, to take it to the extreme would be to say it is unwise to buy a car in spore, unless u really rich or kena toto group 1/2..

to many, other than house, to own (good) car is a dream, me incl. too bad we born here but just be thankful daily consumables like food r cheaper than most countries.

i know they earning a living but i prefer a more objective SE.. maybe to him such reasoning is objective.. good n honest SE r few n far in between..

of cos, to take it to the extreme would be to say it is unwise to buy a car in spore, unless u really rich or kena toto group 1/2..

to many, other than house, to own (good) car is a dream, me incl. too bad we born here but just be thankful daily consumables like food r cheaper than most countries.

I don't think most of us are on the extreme case on car ownership else we wouldn't be in this MCF liao  [laugh]

Having a roof over our head is definitely the 1st priority.. getting a car at such price in s'pore is to buy you time & convenient esp those with family.

• Praise 2

I don't think most of us are on the extreme case on car ownership else we wouldn't be in this MCF liao  [laugh]

Having a roof over our head is definitely the 1st priority.. getting a car at such price in s'pore is to buy you time & convenient esp those with family.

actually, i realized the bigger ticket the item, the more emotional the purchase. this despite we done lotsa "homework".. perhaps involvement of too much wealth n deciding on many fine details makes one emo..

Car salesman are car salesman, they do what they do.

I wouldn't put my experience with them as a very important factor when choosing a brand/model. I will talk to the SE and if I find his/her attitude/sincerity/knowledge lacking, i would just find another one. 

Dear all,

Mai lazy ... see link below and start from there again. I drove the 2WD vitara for 4 months liao ... saw a few vitaras since ... so it is growing in number .... and yes, the farking central console armrest - they still owe me FML lololol

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702496-new-suzuki-vitara-2016/?p=5966183

Wow.. owe u so many mths?

Btw, how the FC after so many mths?

Oso any issue u observed?

Can share ur findings during these few mths drive?

Tks. :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. Trade in my GV for the new Vit a month ago. Bought a few accessories from TB. I even bought the center console. Need an installer to help me out. Any recommendation. ??

• Praise 2

Dear all,

Mai lazy ... see link below and start from there again. I drove the 2WD vitara for 4 months liao ... saw a few vitaras since ... so it is growing in number .... and yes, the farking central console armrest - they still owe me FML lololol

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702496-new-suzuki-vitara-2016/?p=5966183

ya, i saw quite a few nowadays - more common compared to last yr.

CM really bochap after collect payment.. initially thot of shortlisting vitara also.. as consumers, we r quite helpless at times..

Today is day #7 since i got my Vitara.

Here are my thoughts.

1. This is really a rare car in sg. I see more Land Rover Evoque everyday than another fellow Vitara.

2. The car feels big even though it isn't. From the driver seat I am still trying to gauge where the car ends. Still going extremely slowly in carparks.

3. The ride is very comfortable for me, but this is compared to my old car.

4. The auto headlights sensitivity is kinda weird. 7+ am and sunshine on the car but it still won't switch off the headlights. 

5. Nice surprise to know i can adjust the rain wipers sensitivity for auto.

6. Doors are not as heavy as I initially think, not that easy to close.

7. As I am still running in, FC can only be taken with a pitch of salt. Its now at 14.5km/lit. Btw, my car is 4WD.

8. Seat feels kinda cramped on the right side. Still trying to get used to it. 

9. Engine start stop is not the fastest, aircon still feels cold when engine cuts off. Most of the time i switch this off.

10. The Pioneer head unit feels decent, connecting to my phones is easy and conversation is OK too.

• Praise 2

Ur FC is manual calculation?

Or using on board meter

Using the on-board meter. I haven't used up my first tank yet so can't do manual now.

When I first collected, it says 7km/lit, now it has gradually risen to 14.5.

Today is day #7 since i got my Vitara.

Here are my thoughts.

1. This is really a rare car in sg. I see more Land Rover Evoque everyday than another fellow Vitara.

2. The car feels big even though it isn't. From the driver seat I am still trying to gauge where the car ends. Still going extremely slowly in carparks.

3. The ride is very comfortable for me, but this is compared to my old car.

4. The auto headlights sensitivity is kinda weird. 7+ am and sunshine on the car but it still won't switch off the headlights.

5. Nice surprise to know i can adjust the rain wipers sensitivity for auto.

6. Doors are not as heavy as I initially think, not that easy to close.

7. As I am still running in, FC can only be taken with a pitch of salt. Its now at 14.5km/lit. Btw, my car is 4WD.

8. Seat feels kinda cramped on the right side. Still trying to get used to it.

9. Engine start stop is not the fastest, aircon still feels cold when engine cuts off. Most of the time i switch this off.

10. The Pioneer head unit feels decent, connecting to my phones is easy and conversation is OK too.

Not to dampen ur spirit, I'm beginning to spot more vitaras recently. But it's a good thing actually, wc means parts should be more readily available down the road. The vitaras r a refreshing sight btw. U r right about the doors; I find it light n need more effort to close esp rear ones. But who cares, this vitara has a 5 stars crash rating iirc.

Enjoy ur ride bro

For Suzuki. U have to discount about 3 to 4km/litre from the on board.

Thats the true fc

I will prob do the manual calculation from my second tank onwards to see how the on-board value matches.

I will prob do the manual calculation from my second tank onwards to see how the on-board value matches.

The on board fuel consumption can be resetted in 3 ways. Perhaps that will give different FC reading.

Hi All,

Nice to see a community for the Vitara 2016. I am also driving the vitara 2016 (first batch) and almost a year already!

Well, most of the comments by fellow vitaraians already cover my thoughts!

A few pros:

1) extremely stable driving North South Highway. Just did a trip to Genting, and finally able to maximise using the paddleshift and descent control. 2nd gear up all the way.

2) transporting long cupboards and stuff from ikea. Dont need to call van service. Fold the seats and you are good to go. Very practical.

3) Aircon damn power... cools down very fast despite a hot day!

4) A forgetten feature which really helped me during long drives with family. (Rear 12v connection). Can put cooler and also run a extended usb cable for ipad or tablet so that kids get their entertainment on the go!

CONs:

1) rarity also means higher insurance premium and also less options for posion mods unlike the vezels.

2) interior abit plasticky... takes time to overcome that feeling. Manage to get a molded dashmat from suzuki australia to dampen the dash look.

3) short people have trouble climbing into the rear seats. My mum had challenges climbing in and out. Complains seats are too high. So this depends on individual.

4) found the car less fuel efficient on my long road trip compared to city driving, which was very surprising. I think this vitara is meant for city driving and slow speed driving. Shall calculate and give exact fc soon...

Finally, good day to all fellow Vitaraians ! We should all gather one day!

Take Care!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1