DIY copper water piping/BluePica House Issues

Bluepica

How to get that "ferrule" on a bare copper pipe so can connect to a joint?

On the other hand, I saw some piping end were being forced to open slightly larger and flatten the opening so that it can also joint to any fixture using just a rubber ring. How did they do that?

That is what a flaring tool is used for. To flar the pipe end.

I think you got no idea how to join copper pipe. My advise is to get a plumber. Otherwise here leak, there leak, even more headaches.

• Praise 1

I ended up doing this to cut the hole for the sockets

This is double job. If my senior see me doing such thing, sure kena a knock on the head. :XD:

That is what a flaring tool is used for. To flar the pipe end.

I think you got no idea how to join copper pipe. My advise is to get a plumber. Otherwise here leak, there leak, even more headaches.

It's like dat, I swear... Let me try to find a pic or see my house piping got such instances for it... There is no "ferrule" knob, just the flattened pipe end...

It's like dat, I swear... Let me try to find a pic or see my house piping got such instances for it... There is no "ferrule" knob, just the flattened pipe end...

I know what u mean. Here is a pic :

figure32.jpg

This is double job. If my senior see me doing such thing, sure kena a knock on the head. :XD:

I'm not pro ma, don't have the right tools, must think of way to work around Lo...

I ended up doing this to cut the hole for the sockets

and you gonna do the same thing (or already done) for the other 2 holes beside ?? wah, shack 

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

6th Gear

copper piping installation not Tom Dick Harry can do the job even you are hands-on

You really needs tools & skill for this job especially the bending angle and the strength!!!

and you gonna do the same thing (or already done) for the other 2 holes beside ?? wah, shack 

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

done...haha

post-20466-0-21303900-1465273450_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

How to get that "ferrule" on a bare copper pipe so can connect to a joint?

On the other hand, I saw some piping end were being forced to open slightly larger and flatten the opening so that it can also joint to any fixture using just a rubber ring. How did they do that?

Why not just use white tape and ferrule, be a lot easier
  • Praise 1

ya...thats the easiest option, just a small project not worth to buy too many tools, i guess just a made in china pipe cutter, white tape, cheap spanners and few 90 degree and straight joints will do.

I think so too :XD:

Use the flaring tool lah.

moon18.gif

ooh.. :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Turbocharged

ya...thats the easiest option, just a small project not worth to buy too many tools, i guess just a made in china pipe cutter, white tape, cheap spanners and few 90 degree and straight joints will do.

also if you're sercuring to the wall get the pipe brackets, if need to drill thru tile ask the shop how it's done otherwise might crack the tile. Good luck!

I think I have pipe cutter... last time used it to cut my mountainbike seat post... should be ok gua

↡ Advertisement