DIY copper water piping/BluePica House Issues

Bluepica

Plumber quote me $150-$200 just a simple cutting and rerouting work for less than 2m of piping!

I rather DIY, gain some skill for rainy days.... hahaha

Since you mentioned less than 2m of piping, why not consider using :

1. pvc/rubber hose joined by hose-clips.

2. "shower hose" of 2m length, nuts and rubber washers provided at both ends.

↡ Advertisement

Need aesthetic looks too :grin:

Using standard concrete drill bit , there is a very high chance of cracking the tile.

Have a look at this type of diamond coated drill stick with drill guide plate.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Actually can get flexible hose type (with metal like wire on the outside, n pvc in the inside) problem with them nowadays is after a few years also they "panchit" one as the quality coming in is not original italian one but MIC one's now; I know they have is usually 1.6m but longer ones I dont really know, maybe have also , not sure ..... must ask those sanitary shops  

• Praise 1

on the topic of those rubber "shower hose", i once connected those shower hose from my water filter to my tap under the sink. few months down the road i discovered that my water flow began to slow to a trickle . i took out the hose and found that calcification has formed causing the obstruction. later i bite the bullet and  DIY a copper pipe with some white tape and few joints and till now no issue....i dunno maybe the calcification has got something to do with the diameter of the pipe, those shower hose the internal diameter is smaller than those copper pipes. maybe material also played a part.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Think I don't need a flaring to joint pipe gua... can use threaded joint

For the bends, you can use compression joints.

Compression joints does not need ptfe (teflon) tape, it is waterproofed simply by tightening the nut.

But it gets a little more expensive since you have to pay for each joint, or save the money and buy/use a pipe bender.

Of cuz, you might need to make holes in the wall and need a concrete hammer drill. This is to secure the pipes.

on the topic of those rubber "shower hose", i once connected those shower hose from my water filter to my tap under the sink. few months down the road i discovered that my water flow began to slow to a trickle . i took out the hose and found that calcification has formed causing the obstruction. later i bite the bullet and  DIY a copper pipe with some white tape and few joints and till now no issue....i dunno maybe the calcification has got something to do with the diameter of the pipe, those shower hose the internal diameter is smaller than those copper pipes. maybe material also played a part.

Those shower hose will get rusty in due time too... and because the inner hose is rubber, don't think it can take pressure when the tap is shut... of course there are higher durable such hose like those use for toilet cistern, but then those are not call shower hose, I guess...

Supersonic

Compression joint or fittings is quite easy to use.

You just need to have the copper end cut squarely, insert the ferrule or olive, use 2 wrench to tighten.

No need for flaring tool or ptfe tape.

talking about water filter, I bought those Korea plastic filter from Qoo10 and place under my bathroom sink and kitchen sink.... darn lazy to change the filter because it gets dirty very fast.....so, our water is safe to drink, but not clean to drink :dizzy:

talking about water filter, I bought those Korea plastic filter from Qoo10 and place under my bathroom sink and kitchen sink.... darn lazy to change the filter because it gets dirty very fast.....so, our water is safe to drink, but not clean to drink :dizzy:

singapore water is safe to drink lah... if not 2.5 yrs of NS dunno how many already mati leow. but if you dont change your dirty water filter i guess it will accumulate all kind of nasty stuff . if like that better dont install filter and let the water run freely along.

Turbocharged

We installed a carbon based filter at home, easy to clean and long lasting. Will try to find the company name for Ya when I get back

singapore water is safe to drink lah... if not 2.5 yrs of NS dunno how many already mati leow. but if you dont change your dirty water filter i guess it will accumulate all kind of nasty stuff . if like that better dont install filter and let the water run freely along.

On another thread (cancer one) someone mentioned the link between cancer and chlorine. Turns out there is a link between the two, boiling the water apparently helps settle the chlorine in the water, passing the water thru a carbon filter will remove it. Didn't do a whole lot of research on this but something to ponder

given a choice, I think i would prefer bending instead of using joints. Just has a look at my workplace's toilet which was just upgraded by HDB. All joints, not a single bend. 

It's just me, feel that joints are still joints. Over time sure will leak, right ? 

given a choice, I think i would prefer bending instead of using joints. Just has a look at my workplace's toilet which was just upgraded by HDB. All joints, not a single bend. 

It's just me, feel that joints are still joints. Over time sure will leak, right ? 

Joints more bulky, and more work to clean the dirt if everyday kena water.... bend is simpler but difficult to bend.... I saw plumber using two bigger diameter of metal pipes and slot in the copper pipe to bend just like activating a wire cutter...

Water is safe to drink.

It could be contamination from distribution channel

We installed a carbon based filter at home, easy to clean and long lasting. Will try to find the company name for Ya when I get back

On another thread (cancer one) someone mentioned the link between cancer and chlorine. Turns out there is a link between the two, boiling the water apparently helps settle the chlorine in the water, passing the water thru a carbon filter will remove it. Didn't do a whole lot of research on this but something to ponder

If willing to invest, just buy 3M water dispenser.  No need to boil water anymore.

Turbocharged

Water is safe to drink.

It could be contamination from distribution channel

If willing to invest, just buy 3M water dispenser. No need to boil water anymore.

The carbon based water filter I have should suffice bah

The carbon based water filter I have should suffice bah

With 3M Hot Cold table top dispenser, u can do away carbon-based water filter & kettle.

Hot, cold & room temp water on demand.

Twincharged

ya, those bloody jerry cans never ever wash one. wahahaha

Turbocharged

With 3M Hot Cold table top dispenser, u can do away carbon-based water filter & kettle.

Hot, cold & room temp water on demand.

Nah parents like it the old fashion way, hot pot and everything. Dun wanna spend money to Kanna scolded lol
↡ Advertisement