Home repair advice needed

nazerath

Unfortunately that is right because the frame is made of tubular steel and the area that the screw touches is probably 4 mm max.

Using a longer screw won't help unless I can extend it beyond the hollow steel onto the concrete wall. That is making this repair hard.

Nowadays, quite rare to file door frames made of steel one.... unless maybe industrial space or some hospitals have them .... i wonder why...is it to prevent warping ??? but steel frame also must paint regularly if not rust if people or things  banging againt it on regular basis unlike wood will just be dented but no need to worry of rust      

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Nowadays, quite rare to file door frames made of steel one.... unless maybe industrial space or some hospitals have them .... i wonder why...is it to prevent warping ??? but steel frame also must paint regularly if not rust if people or things banging againt it on regular basis unlike wood will just be dented but no need to worry of rust

Ya, I measured the screw, it's a m6x 8, even shorter than my estimation.

post-145440-0-01266100-1465792692_thumb.jpeg

Turbocharged

I doubt the length is correct. If you can, remove it and measure, thickness and length is important.

The screw is rated, #6, #8 or #10 in thickness. Length is usually 1 to 1.5 inch depending on the frame.

There's flat-head concrete screw available, but I'm not sure if it can hold both hinge/steel frame and concrete together.

41vaNk+ngtL._AC_US160_.jpg

If you're seeing a 1 cm length screw, it might have broken off, with the rest stuck inside.

Are these concrete screws able to hold the concrete without a plug? Locally anyone sells them in longer length I'd 2 to 2.5" May just be the thing I need.

Looks like the screws are designed to secure onto the metal door frame itself without protruding into the concrete wall.

Ya, I measured the screw, it's a m6x 8, even shorter than my estimation.

All of the door frames in my HDB BTO pigeon hole are metal.

Nowadays, quite rare to file door frames made of steel one.... unless maybe industrial space or some hospitals have them .... i wonder why...is it to prevent warping ??? but steel frame also must paint regularly if not rust if people or things  banging againt it on regular basis unlike wood will just be dented but no need to worry of rust      

• Praise 1

Supersonic

My door where I added the 2nd hinge.

Forgive the dirty grease. It prevents rusting and corrosion.

2ponx1i.jpg

Are these concrete screws able to hold the concrete without a plug? Locally anyone sells them in longer length I'd 2 to 2.5" May just be the thing I need.

Concrete screw is meant to be used by drilling a hole and screw in direct to masonry, without having to add a wall plug.

They may sell locally, you need to search for it at hardware shops, those more speciallized, not the local neighbourhood shops.

I lifted the picture off Amazon. You can search Amazon for description and sizes.

• Praise 1

Looks like the screws are designed to secure onto the metal door frame itself without protruding into the concrete wall.

All of the door frames in my HDB BTO pigeon hole are metal.

Maybe my house very old one - all wood frame one - so far never had any warping issues or tilting issues (so far in 10 years )
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Steel door frame comes ready n easy , wood ones need some skill to install so nowadays like Lego.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Nowadays new flats use metal door frame with timber door.

The correct way of installing should be 2 hinges near the top of the door to prevent this sagging problem you are facing.

And also, not all fire-rated doors are heavy nowadays.

My company manufacture fire-rated doors.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

wah bro?got discount for fellow mcfers anot? I maybe doing up my bedrrom doors this year end. Not fireproof ones..normal nyatoh can oredfy!

Nowadays new flats use metal door frame with timber door.

The correct way of installing should be 2 hinges near the top of the door to prevent this sagging problem you are facing.

And also, not all fire-rated doors are heavy nowadays.

My company manufacture fire-rated doors.

Hypersonic

wah bro?got discount for fellow mcfers anot? I maybe doing up my bedrrom doors this year end. Not fireproof ones..normal nyatoh can oredfy!

Bedroom doors just go to Yontat at Eunos or Yi Seng at AMK. They are cheap nowadays.

Paiseh, we only supply fire-rated timber door.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Looking for toilet bifold. Any groupbuy/MO coming up for MCF?

Suggestions for door repair:

1) Add a hing at the top.

2) Unscrew originas,  add in toothpicks into holes and screw back the screws.

Edited by Matrix0405
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the head-up. no need paisay lar! Sure got other forummers interested and will support fellow mcfers,

Bedroom doors just go to Yontat at Eunos or Yi Seng at AMK. They are cheap nowadays.

thinking of that too but eoy!

Looking for toilet bifold. Any groupbuy/MO coming up for MCF?

• Praise 1

These two things are exactly what my wife told me too.  [thumbsup]

I think she must be a natural wood worker.

:D

very funny... rofl,,, [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Since we are at this topic of doors, anyone here has contact for a contractor who can install wooden door frame? my toilet door frame got attack by termites, some damages were done before I could call for a exterminator. 

does those doors contractors also supply and install door frames? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Since we are at this topic of doors, anyone here has contact for a contractor who can install wooden door frame? my toilet door frame got attack by termites, some damages were done before I could call for a exterminator. 

does those doors contractors also supply and install door frames? 

I did asked two companies to quote for replacement of my main door, including door frame and metal gate. Both quoted abt $3k, includes hacking of existing door frame.

1) hohoengineering1976 at yahoo.com.sg - from an exhitbition at Expo.

2) enquiry at doctordoors.com.sg - from Ch5 Renovate show.

Take some photos and measurement and send to them for quotation.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

guys, Know where can I get these type of m6 x 8 screws apart from kelantan lane? About a pack of 100? Any nuts n screw shops you all know of?

guys, Know where can I get these type of m6 x 8 screws apart from kelantan lane? About a pack of 100? Any nuts n screw shops you all know of?

There are a few shops at King's George Ave. Famous is Pan Sun. http://www.pansun.com/about-us.html

There is also a shop at Northlink, Sembawang Drive. Ground floor, near to Stamford Tyres.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1