COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2016

Carbon82

Hypersonic

car park at $30-$40/day. half price.

Assuming public or HDB car parks going to cost at least $30 -$40 a day, it is time for ppl to start investing in pte properties which usually come with car park.
↡ Advertisement

The country. The taxes collected will be used to build a better transport network. Next time u r at a bus stop, you can secretly take pleasure in the fact u indirectly paid for the benches. :)

Sure boh? This golden goose been here for decades liao! 

Just for comparison sake look at HK Transport Infrastructure, now then our TPT minister want study why their MTR much effcicent & less breakdown than our MRT!

Mind you HK gov dun have GST and COE to back up.....

Booked my car from one of the PIs when COE was still $49K. Got in the contract 4 bids COE guaranteed without top-up, ETD July 2016. Selected black colour car. But the past 2 biddings the COE went up to $56K and $57K and all of a sudden the PI called me and told me the SE who handle my case went MIA and the PI casually said, now they can only select white colour, which is the last one in their showroom. When I said it's ok, i'll take the white colour, a few hours later he then said now the white colour not available anymore and if I still want to get my car, I have to wait until October. Otherwise, they will refund my deposit.

While I can get my deposit back, I just felt this is unfair. It seems this is just a way/trick for the PI to get out of the contract because when I booked the car, it was before COE went up and it's cheaper by $9K compare to the price they are offering now. So, I hope some Bros here can shed some light. Is there anything that I can do, legally or otherwise, as I feel cheated. Thanks in advance!

how many bids left? if you can wait, tell them you will wait until october. but tell them that they have to secure your coe before july because it's guaranteed 4 bids. coe has a validity of 6 months so registering the car in October is still ok.

Hypersonic

Booked my car from one of the PIs when COE was still $49K. Got in the contract 4 bids COE guaranteed without top-up, ETD July 2016. Selected black colour car. But the past 2 biddings the COE went up to $56K and $57K and all of a sudden the PI called me and told me the SE who handle my case went MIA and the PI casually said, now they can only select white colour, which is the last one in their showroom. When I said it's ok, i'll take the white colour, a few hours later he then said now the white colour not available anymore and if I still want to get my car, I have to wait until October. Otherwise, they will refund my deposit.

While I can get my deposit back, I just felt this is unfair. It seems this is just a way/trick for the PI to get out of the contract because when I booked the car, it was before COE went up and it's cheaper by $9K compare to the price they are offering now. So, I hope some Bros here can shed some light. Is there anything that I can do, legally or otherwise, as I feel cheated. Thanks in advance!

Too much, take the PI all the way if the deposit is not a big issue for you. Prior to that, check your contract whether any loop hole for the PI to get off.

Yeah, they are out to cheat you. Have to look at the contract and see if there is anything you can use to ask them to compensate (chances are, should be no). 

If all things fail, put their co name on the list of blacklisted PIs lo. Nothing much you can do.

Hypersonic

Yeah, they are out to cheat you. Have to look at the contract and see if there is anything you can use to ask them to compensate (chances are, should be no).

If all things fail, put their co name on the list of blacklisted PIs lo. Nothing much you can do.

Don't give up easily, consult legal opinions. This is what lawyers for.

Don't give up easily, consult legal opinions. This is what lawyers for.

Can also but may end up having to pay lawyers and dont get any compensation. 

Hypersonic

Can also but may end up having to pay lawyers and dont get any compensation.

Then LL let PI eats?

Then LL let PI eats?

See if the PI is CASE accredited lo. If yes, contact CASE. PIs need to put up a performance bond to be accredited.

If not, look at the agreement to see how your guaranteed COE without top up is defined and whether it is stated that the delivery will be by certain date. If the terms are not clearly defined, the case would be very weak.

Can try calling dispute resolution lawyers and ask if you have a chance (you need to be able to tell him clearly your T&C). See if they will do it FOC for the initial call.

(edited)

See if the PI is CASE accredited lo. If yes, contact CASE. PIs need to put up a performance bond to be accredited.

If not, look at the agreement to see how your guaranteed COE without top up is defined and whether it is stated that the delivery will be by certain date. If the terms are not clearly defined, the case would be very weak.

Can try calling dispute resolution lawyers and ask if you have a chance (you need to be able to tell him clearly your T&C). See if they will do it FOC for the initial call.

No, the PI is not CASE accredited, but it's a member of SVTA (not sure if that matters)

The agreement says 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up. The date mentioned there is Estimated Delivery Date which is by Jul 2016. Not sure if the word 'Estimated' will make it weak. But I guess 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up is "strong", right?

Edited by Yudhifay

I am expecting COE to drop to 10k or lesser once the satellite ERP system gets implemented allowing the govt go full force on their car lite policy. They have been preparing everyone psychologically first. Why would COE not go down to $10k or lesser if it costs $ 60-$80 a day in ERP charges for the average driver?

So yes those dreaming of 10k COE will have their dreams come true in about 5-6 yrs but they still will not be able to buy a car.

That is a total fallacy!

If garmen really goes car lite, COE premia must remain high, in addition to $80/mth ERP.

Otherwise, Singapore will be a HUGE parking lot!

Where got space?

Also where got fun? Can own car, but won't / cannot drive.

Isn't that an oxymoron of a statement for the many marginal car owners?

Pathetic lah!

Problem is, under the car lite policy, they dont want under utilised car also. So they are not going to build more car parks and car parks likely to become more expensive also.

To maximise its revenue, the garmen could keep COE premia high, charge high ERP rates and raise parking charges in the CBD to the likes of Tokyo and Sydney!

That will be the most effective car lite policy to support a 6 million and growing population.

car park at $30-$40/day. half price.

I once paid AUD60 to park for only 2 hours in Melbourne CBD MSCP. Yup, $30/hr!!

Singapore should go that way too, to control car ownership AND usage.

• Praise 2

Assuming public or HDB car parks going to cost at least $30 -$40 a day, it is time for ppl to start investing in pte properties which usually come with car park.

That's for people with and are satisfied with ONE car.

For many in SG, that won't work as condos usually limit to 1 parking space per proprietor / unit.

Such folks already have, or ought to start investing in landed property instead!

Can park inside porch and usually also, along the road outside.

No, the PI is not CASE accredited, but it's a member of SVTA (not sure if that matters)

The agreement says 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up. The date mentioned there is Estimated Delivery Date which is by Jul 2016. Not sure if the word 'Estimated' will make it weak. But I guess 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up is "strong", right?

Most likely you can only wait till Oct to get your car. Your case not very strong. Estimated delivery date and also 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up but never say the 4 bids is consecutive or when the 4 bids should happen. It's back to one year ago whereby some people waited 6 to 10 months for their car. Seem like this cycle repeat every year...

Most likely you can only wait till Oct to get your car. Your case not very strong. Estimated delivery date and also 4 bids COE guaranteed without top up but never say the 4 bids is consecutive or when the 4 bids should happen. It's back to one year ago whereby some people waited 6 to 10 months for their car. Seem like this cycle repeat every year...

Totally agreed. In a period of increasing COE...guaranteed coe can never be fully trusted. But if the price you got is a good price, then you have no choice but to wait. Henceforth, if trade in and 1-1 exchange is done, then at least the risk is minimise..

I am expecting COE to drop to 10k or lesser once the satellite ERP system gets implemented allowing the govt go full force on their car lite policy. They have been preparing everyone psychologically first. Why would COE not go down to $10k or lesser if it costs $ 60-$80 a day in ERP charges for the average driver?

So yes those dreaming of 10k COE will have their dreams come true in about 5-6 yrs but they still will not be able to buy a car.

Imho..it will not drop to such levels even by then. Regardless, garment will never scrap coe system...hebce there is still a quota. If it drops to 10k...people may still buy a car despite they may not drive so much. Henceforth at the end of the day, the demand may still be more than the supply and eventually it is still the price of coe which dictates who will get their bid successful.

Guess for car lite, coe has to be reasonably high plus high usage cost. A price point where the mass will find it difficult to purchase, even just as a showcase or bragging right of owning one.

Looking at rebate 50k, COE wouldn't drop lower than that,we wanted to take risk in May for COE capped $47 with topped, heng we didn't go for it also.

According to PI and AD, business is very slow since the release of News on easing loan. Surprising no one jump in to buy.

This is their game for years, unless we are car dealer before if not, it is difficult to predict how they want to play this game.

COE is one of the most profitable business for garmen.

↡ Advertisement