Aircon Circulation Auto Turn Off

Pss2

My aircon circulation will turn off by itself at times. When weather is cooler like rainy days, it will keep turning off even i turn it on and it will turn off by itself 5 mins later. Anyone experience same?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Erm..my Mitsubishi has the same problem. Is there a way to fix this shit?

Can,seal up the fresh air intake...

• Praise 2

Both my expired E60 and current W204 all like that, but I remember bimmer can be programmed to always on i.e outside exhaust air cannot comes in. Are you driving any of these 2 popular make in SG? Or you driving Jag, Bentley etc.?

It is programmed that way. My car will open up air vent after 30min(if i remember the timing correctly), and if the outside temperture is lower than inside, the vent will also open up to avoid fogging. But in sgp we have never had the opportunity to experience this.

I think it depends on the car. Mine has an auto mode but if I override it, it will stay on recirculate all the way. Else by default auto mode puts it on fresh air intake.

Twincharged

Mine can turn off that feature so that it will remain in the re-circulation mode.

Can,seal up the fresh air intake...

Yup, Many Malaysian aircon workshop do this. The last round when I replace my cooling coil. the guy ask me wheher to permenantly seal it off... After thinking twice, I think better keep it optional, just in case I need fresh air if there is any foul smell in car.

• Praise 10

Ask your dealer whether they can program it to deactivate it. Most likely can.

Anyway the purpose of letting in outside air is to dilute the carbon dioxide in the cabin. Carbon dioxide will make you sleepy, nausea and whatever aka uncomfortable.

Some say its a safety feature leh..... scared we die of carbon monoxide.

Ask your dealer whether they can program it to deactivate it. Most likely can.

Anyway the purpose of letting in outside air is to dilute the carbon dioxide in the cabin. Carbon dioxide will make you sleepy, nausea and whatever aka uncomfortable.

Set your air con temperature to 21 degree celcius.. And voila..

i usually set 20. What's with 21?

Some say its a safety feature leh..... scared we die of carbon monoxide.

I heard of this before too. I guess i will just leave it since most conti i see people post here same problem (or maybe its programmed this way.)

Turbocharged
(edited)

I heard of this before too. I guess i will just leave it since most conti i see people post here same problem (or maybe its programmed this way.)

Think it's Programmed that way for most cars Conti Brands and some jap models. Keep the temperature 21 and below and the auto circulation thingy will stay. If above 21 May alternate b/w internal circulate and drawing air from outside when air con on auto. Edited by BenTong

My Merc does that. When I smell fumes, I know it's turned off.

if there is a feature "Auto" definitely it turns it off and temp will not be accurate as car gets older due to the senor being stained with dirt.

If there is a manual to switch over, can try hopefully it will not turn off unless thermostat is not working well now

↡ Advertisement