Are You A Big Spender For A High End Bed Mattress?

Yeobt

Supercharged

just when i thought i had spent alot on my current kingcoil mattress after 20 years, i realised that a mid range mattress could costs

$3-4k and the higher end one would costs $7k+. 

i don't mind paying that amount of money for health and comfort for my family, comparing to spending for a car here, i think $7k+

for using it for 6-10 hours everyday for 10 years is definitely justifiable.

ok, anyone into mid to high range of mattresses and have some personal opinions to share before i get brain washed by the sales staff?  [:p]

TIA 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

an average person spends only ~2 hours on the roads but probably 8-10 hours on the bed..so a good bed is essential for optimal sleep

mine costs ~$7.7k I think..it has got good support for a good rest..King Size btw..the mattress protectors cost much more for King Size..similar to tires when upgraded from 15" to 16"

sppc_img1.jpg

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Mine cost around 7k. Bought it cuz I felt it was comfortable. Worth to invest cuz we spend alot of time on the bed. At least 6 hours a day.

• Praise 1

just when i thought i had spent alot on my current kingcoil mattress after 20 years, i realised that a mid range mattress could costs

i don't mind paying that amount of money for health and comfort for my family, comparing to spending for a car here, i think $7k+

ok, anyone into mid to high range of mattresses and have some personal opinions to share before i get brain washed by the sales staff? [:p]

TIA

Why not? I know of some ladies spending that amount on a handbag Which they don't even carry 2 hrs a day... Lol

Jokes aside, back to mattress. ... The most important factor to consider is affordability. 7k is not cheap, but if it is well within your affordability ... I don't see why not, since you already gave yourself good justification for the purchase.

If the 7k is hurting your savings / or your need to go on installment, then, if you shop a little more, you will be able to find a shiok shiok one for lesser $$...

I don't have a 7k mattress but I sleep very well at night...so 7k mattress doesn't guarantee a good night sleep.....

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

ok, anyone into mid to high range of mattresses and have some personal opinions to share before i get brain washed by the sales staff?  [:p]

TIA 

I used to think like you too, thought that spending on a high end mattress means the quality will be better than low end. Not anymore after I bought SeaHorse mattress. 

• Praise 10

TIA 

I'm perfectly comfortable in this brand of mattress.

Cheaper than the american brands.

About 1.7k for a King size top of the line model. 

http://www.airland.com/product/serial/id-2.html?locale=en_US

• Praise 4

ok, anyone into mid to high range of mattresses and have some personal opinions to share before i get brain washed by the sales staff? [:p]

TIA

My mattress only $700, firmness 8/10.. Very good liao. Good spine support and etc etc etc... $7000 made of gold ah.
  • Praise 6

(edited)

I used to think like you too, thought that spending on a high end mattress means the quality will be better than low end. Not anymore after I bought SeaHorse mattress. 

Depends on whether u like stiff mattresses.

I have back problems, so i prefer stiff ones as well.

That's pretty expensive and high end. I buy those 400-500 range product, hotel contracts.

What brands do the hotels use?

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

It's a great product at a great price. Love the stiffness. Provides so much support

• Praise 2

(edited)

TIA 

sama sama lahhh . . .

I spent $6k+ on my queen size mattress (though its on promotion then) and another $1k for the bed. . . .  so total at $7k + . . .

but this bed would probably better use with another aircon, say $2k for a system1 . . .  (price standard, cannot escape much for system 2, 3 etc.)

so, after spending $7k+ on bed, you might say: yeah, what the hack for better pillows, mattresses, covers, duvets, bedsheets etc....

-  then pillows (those memory foam types) will again set you up for another hundred plus

-  nice mattress cover, cases, duvets etc.... this easily hits $50-80

-  bedsheets can range from $20-$200 depending on the closer-knits you opt for

so . . .  w/o knowing it, your bedroom at your best comfort and looks can easily sets you up not less than $10k !!!

and that's being said w/o looking at your wardobe, desk, lights etc . . . . this is especially when there's a mandotary woman in your life !!!!

cheerios . . .

happy F's day !

Edited by A_korusawa
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Depends on whether u like stiff mattresses.

I have back problems, so i prefer stiff ones as well.

What brands do the hotels use?

Me too. Thats why I prefer stiff ones. But the thing is seahorse mattress is very durable, still in good shape after a few years, unlike my kingcoil previously. 

It's a great product at a great price. Love the stiffness. Provides so much support

do the higher end seahorse models have mattress toppers?

Airland has it on their top model which is inbuilt. Which is what i like about it.

A bit soft on the top, then stiff below.

Turbocharged

Agree. For such a great product the price is really underrated. Hope it continue to stay that way  [thumbsup]

Me too. Thats why I prefer stiff ones. But the thing is seahorse mattress is very durable, still in good shape after a few years, unlike my kingcoil previously. 

my previous airland super single lasted me 15-16 years until i got married.

My mother wanted to reuse it but decided to throw it away cos some material was coming out of the side holes. 

still about 80% of the stiffness after so long. haha think the springs inside are rusting away liao.

some people told me JB can get sealy or simmons older model at also close to 40-50% local price. They ship to sg apparently.

Sounds like a good deal if it does exist.

Turbocharged

my previous airland super single lasted me 15-16 years until i got married.

My mother wanted to reuse it but decided to throw it away cos some material was coming out of the side holes. 

still about 80% of the stiffness after so long. haha think the springs inside are rusting away liao.

Do you or any of you know of how to maintain the condition of the mattress? Are we suppose to bring out to sun tan it?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement