Brexit - Remain or Leave EU?

Vid

Supersonic

so good.. our GE all on sat only...

well, i guess PAP knows there is no difference to results whether held on weekday or weekend.

And the cost of one day worth of economic activity is too painful to bear for a "formality"  [laugh]

You must be Malaysian.

last GE was on a Friday.

↡ Advertisement

Everybody knows?

Not everybody cos I don't know.

If only I know then I can make a lot of money.

If they came out the pound would drop about 15%

and I would bet that way. If they didn't come out then

its risk on and stock markets would go up.

If someone knows then please tell me.

:D

Ask WKS lah...he's good with this kind of 50-50.

Hypersonic
mersaylee, on 23 Jun 2016 - 3:36 PM, said:

Ask WKS lah...he's good with this kind of 50-50.

it's either Brexit or they stay

lolx

• Praise 3

so good.. our GE all on sat only...

well, i guess PAP knows there is no difference to results whether held on weekday or weekend.

And the cost of one day worth of economic activity is too painful to bear for a "formality" [laugh]

Last GE Friday leh. Forget so fast. :D

erm... you sure you know what you talking about ?? European Union started 1993 lei ... .how they stayed since 70s ...

Technically yes. On the other hand, the UK did join the EEC (precursor, at least economically, to the full EU) in 1973. They applied earlier in the 60s but were rejected because Charles de Gaulle didn't trust the Brits. Or rather he trusted them to be Yankee lapdogs. :D

The Yes Minister clip I posted was apropos of the EEC Common Market.

(edited)

give chance la ... no many times GE falls on weekday

last GE ... all go vote at 8am ... after that cheong to jb/msia for long holiday [thumbsup]

somemore is Sep 11 also bo pantang ... hehe

Last GE Friday leh. Forget so fast. :D

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)
Brexit poll tracker

Latest developments 

FT poll of polls, updated Jun 23, 2016

REMAIN 47%    LEAVE 45%
Edited by Jamesc

after 5 pages i still duno what this Brexit is about??

England not happy with the neighbours? they think their AMDK than the other ang mo??

FT poll of polls, updated Jun 23, 2016

REMAIN 47%    LEAVE 45%

The 3% who are undecided that will decide on what happens.

Its always the people that cannot decide that will decide for

everyone else.

England not happy with the neighbours? they think their AMDK than the other ang mo??

Its very simple really.

If leave Britain will be controlled from London by Parliament

If stay Britain controlled from Brussels by the European Parliament.

Its very simple really.

If leave Britain will be controlled from London by Parliament

If stay Britain controlled from Brussels by the European Parliament.

2 years ago they asked Scotland do you want to be controlled by London

or control yourself and Scotland said London.

Twincharged

The 3% who are undecided that will decide on what happens.

Its always the people that cannot decide that will decide for

everyone else.

yay-for-north-korean-democracy_o_2940549

• Praise 3

Twincharged
(edited)

The exit will benefit a small group of people, same goes with any economic crisis. The masses always the end sufferers.

Well, it is better to exit. Yes it will cause economic crisis or disaster, but this is inevitable. Even if they decided to No to exit, the economic crisis will still happen but will be delayed and the problems will only be bigger.

It's better to take short term pain now rather then long term pain in the future.

Edited by Yewheng

When British citizens go to the polls today to vote if they want to remain in the European Union (EU), Singaporean student Andy Wong Ming Jun will also be there to cast his ballot.

As a Commonwealth citizen living in the country, he has the right to vote in a national election under British law. His vote would be for a Brexit, because he believes he is disadvantaged as a non-EU citizen.

"I find it unfair that law-abiding non-EU citizens... have to face a disproportionate number of hoops to jump through in order to seek a future in the UK after graduating from university, while EU citizens get to have a free pass by virtue of the passport they hold," said the 23-year-old politics and history undergraduate at the University of Hull.

A post-study work visa that allowed international students from non-EU countries to stay in Britain and work for up to two years after graduation was scrapped in 2012. Now, they have only four months after graduation to find work here.

The people of 54 Commonwealth countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and Sri Lanka, as well as Ireland, have voting rights here - a legacy of the British empire. Census figures from 2011 show that about 960,000 Commonwealth citizens living in England and Wales are eligible to vote. But this voting entitlement has not gone down well in certain quarters.

Think-tank Migration Watch argued that the right to vote in British general elections should be confined to citizens as well as people from countries that offer reciprocal voting rights, such as Ireland and certain West Indies countries.

A petition asking that only British citizens be allowed to vote in the EU referendum garnered more than 40,000 signatures in April. In response, the British government said that the franchise for the EU referendum is based on the franchise for parliamentary elections.

Singaporean Helena Lim- Poole, 43, concedes that it is not entirely fair that Commonwealth citizens who are here for the short term have a say in a national referendum.

Twincharged

You remember Germany at one point also want to exit EU? Same thing, Brexit is about freedom from EU and their economic growth will not be drag down by EU due to Greece, Spain facing the crisis.

Of coz many will not want to exit EU. So now there is this vote and for people to decide whether to exit or stay in EU.

That explains why they still wear skirts kilts.... :D

2 years ago they asked Scotland do you want to be controlled by London

or control yourself and Scotland said London.

When British citizens go to the polls today to vote if they want to remain in the European Union (EU), Singaporean student Andy Wong Ming Jun will also be there to cast his ballot.

As a Commonwealth citizen living in the country, he has the right to vote in a national election under British law. His vote would be for a Brexit, because he believes he is disadvantaged as a non-EU citizen.

"I find it unfair that law-abiding non-EU citizens... have to face a disproportionate number of hoops to jump through in order to seek a future in the UK after graduating from university, while EU citizens get to have a free pass by virtue of the passport they hold," said the 23-year-old politics and history undergraduate at the University of Hull.

A post-study work visa that allowed international students from non-EU countries to stay in Britain and work for up to two years after graduation was scrapped in 2012. Now, they have only four months after graduation to find work here.

The people of 54 Commonwealth countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and Sri Lanka, as well as Ireland, have voting rights here - a legacy of the British empire. Census figures from 2011 show that about 960,000 Commonwealth citizens living in England and Wales are eligible to vote. But this voting entitlement has not gone down well in certain quarters.

Think-tank Migration Watch argued that the right to vote in British general elections should be confined to citizens as well as people from countries that offer reciprocal voting rights, such as Ireland and certain West Indies countries.

A petition asking that only British citizens be allowed to vote in the EU referendum garnered more than 40,000 signatures in April. In response, the British government said that the franchise for the EU referendum is based on the franchise for parliamentary elections.

Singaporean Helena Lim- Poole, 43, concedes that it is not entirely fair that Commonwealth citizens who are here for the short term have a say in a national referendum.

So if Brexit won by just 1,

its all thanks to Andy.  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6