Singapore Reckless Drivers Videos part II

Jtb

Fantastic job by that guy. Only one thing I felt was not telling the rider that he had the right of way. This could have been a great psycological booster for that rider!

you are very sharp, yes.

Possibly the caller is either an SCDF personel, TP, police officer, medic, nurse or even a doctor.

He uses words like RTA (road traffic accident), conscious, abrasions etc.

Thumbs up to him.

Learning points - facts to be given for 995

1) Exact location - junction, major building

2) event/time - eg RTA, fight, etc

3) vehicles/no of person involved (they may need more than one ambulance)

4) severity of injury and type - death, unconsious, alert, responsive....fractures.

5) others

Driver possibly failed to see the motorbike, with light on... (having right of way)....be alert and careful everyone.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why the driver never see the oncoming bike?

Hopefully the biker is well ....

1. Biker wearing all black

2. Only visible is the singular white headlight from bike

3. If you think white HID lamps make you very obvious and visible, think again

4. Teana focus may be on pedestrian crossing as pedestrian was running across so driver was making sure no other pedestrians or bikes making the crossing as well.

5. Bike may be blocked by Teana's car frame as the car was turning

I'm not defending anyone here, but since you asked WHY, I say loh. :secret-laugh:

Anyway, I think it's time our traffic lights timing and system gets a revamp. Why allow cars to turn and pedestrians to cross at the same time? Our ROAD USING behaviors are so different now.

• Praise 4

i noticed that such junctions the pedestrian green now goes first before the traffic lights.  Sth like a 1 sec difference

i noticed that such junctions the pedestrian green now goes first before the traffic lights.  Sth like a 1 sec difference

Yep... it's to give a head start to the pedestrians... 'cos what happens a lot of times is the cars start turning left as soon as it's green... and the pedestrian is still walking from across.

Which is fine as the first car can see this and judge before moving forward.

But the car behind is like a lemming... sees the car in front go, so he also goes. Bugger never watch out for the pedestrian or kids running.

First, you punish red light beaters, to prevent accidents.

Then you allow right turning vehicles to try their luck against pedestrian crossing and vehicles going straight.

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Edited by Kb27

Nowadays, do the pedestrians still practice the olden days that we were taught to cross the road at a hasten pace or take the time if the green man is still in your favor whether it is flashing on countdown timer? <_<

I would assume that the green man came on, given that all the pedestrians crossed en masse. 

I make it a point to take at least 1 glance before I cross and if there is an empty lane, I pay attention to that lane until I am past it.

Maybe it is due to seeing my own secondary school mate fly when a panel van hit him right in front of me or witnessing other drivers beating red lights myself.

I don't know abt you but I learnt from this forum, better to be denied the right of way and stay unharmed than have the right of way and...

You joking si boh?

Maybe he no insurance to drive anymore but you also don't want to be eligible to claim your own insurance gao gao right?

Of course joking lah.  Our traffic has reach a stage where every vehicles (including bicycle) also beat red light.

I usually jaywalk if possible.  So, i am always on the watch most of the time

I will claim against the insurance of party at fault kao kao as insurer is obligated to pay bodily injury (no matter what's the circumstances).  Not my own.

haven't contributed in a while, but came across these 2 clowns (one on friday, the other today). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhO5e5oq48M&feature=youtu.be

this one still not so bad, because i was behind him and saw him turn into my lane. but he still give me "the hand" after i horned him to alert him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zNQhnfsNlc&feature=youtu.be

this one is truly the worst kind of driver, the blinking red light already gone for 2-3 sec, but you can see no hesitation and he didnt even attempt to brake ... just sail through the red light ...

• Praise 1

haven't contributed in a while, but came across these 2 clowns (one on friday, the other today). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhO5e5oq48M&feature=youtu.be

this one still not so bad, because i was behind him and saw him turn into my lane. but he still give me "the hand" after i horned him to alert him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zNQhnfsNlc&feature=youtu.be

this one is truly the worst kind of driver, the blinking red light already gone for 2-3 sec, but you can see no hesitation and he didnt even attempt to brake ... just sail through the red light ...

Nissan very good acceleration. :secret-laugh:

Most of the time I kena these the drivers are lao uncles, I will die die force my way through, since driving COE car, want to exchange paint, lai loh... after that they will do wayang in their car and diao me... so I always show them this face:

Nicholson.gif

The kuku was driving a SGL ... to scrapyard ... COE expiring.

If accidentally going reverse flow, what should one do?

This Honda City was registered on 19 Sep 2014.

The owner retain the bidded number from the previous car and transfer the number to the new car.

• Praise 1

Yep... it's to give a head start to the pedestrians... 'cos what happens a lot of times is the cars start turning left as soon as it's green... and the pedestrian is still walking from across.

Which is fine as the first car can see this and judge before moving forward.

But the car behind is like a lemming... sees the car in front go, so he also goes. Bugger never watch out for the pedestrian or kids running.

yes, I noticed this too.

but its only 1 - 1.5s headstart which is not much, maybe 3 steps max ?

not sure whether this is going to be implemented islandwide or just on trial and awaiting response.

Anyone here is a witness to this accident? 

The Nissan Cefiro hit into my friend's white Altis when turning at junction. But claimed my friend hit her instead!

Need video as evidence for insurance claims... 

Thank you.

post-22238-0-09016700-1473054773_thumb.jpg

post-22238-0-05920100-1473054778_thumb.jpg

Edited by Civic6656

The Nissan Cefiro hit into my friend's white Altis when turning at junction. But claimed my friend hit her instead!

Thank you.

Really look like Newton Circus ...

Got any graphic on which lane both cars are in and where you guys are turning?

Newton Circus?

[nod]

Really look like Newton Circus ...

Got any graphic on which lane both cars are in and where you guys are turning?

looks like Cefiro is trying to make a late turn into Bt Timah Road towards City while Altis is probably heading towards Clemenceau Ave North or Scotts Road.

Edited by Blueray

Thank you.

Most likely 50/50?  Both cars are not completely within the lane markings, and it's side-by-side. 

• Praise 1

When doing a turn at junction, never side by side with others. Been doing this for many years. Save the trouble of fighting for right of way. Rather they be wrong of way, I behind relax. Then if it's safe thereafter, I'll accelerate past all the kuku drivers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2