Singapore Reckless Drivers Videos part II

Jtb

Dont waste time with our garmen agencies. They think they are too smart to take other ppl feedback seriously.

Good luck with the rest of your life, Amos.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Posted already I think.

You may have 3 ballz but I think this guy got twice as many. [laugh]

I thought @radx had locked the gate to inner world and how the car can flew down car park......

Maybe he left one or two mischievous ones out to have fun .... [laugh]

• Praise 2

Aiya, all along SG got countdown timer already.  You all never notice meh ?

As for having a count down timer, Malacca and Bangkok also have.

In Bangkok, junction before entering expressway have.  They START COUNT DOWN at 600 lor. They said is like that one.  Taxi said don't worry, the meter only move when the taxi move lor.

In Malacca, the longest I ever encountered was 300 sec on the way to NSH lor.

The countdown timer is probably to remind road users that THE TRAFFIC LIGHT is working lor.

In SG, most of the time is 120 lor, by 3 mins and nothing happen.  I will drive off de, lights deem faulty lor

• Praise 1

Car flies out of carpark, crashes at lift lobby

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/car-flies-out-carpark-crashes-lift-lobby

I'm sorry, but is this Mr Tan an ah kua?

Typically only female and gay driver do this.

Mistake the accelerator and brake pedals and step on the accelerator further when they panic.

And why is he allowed to drive after this horrible incident by getting a spare from the workshop?

Must people die in this incident for action to be taken and his license gantong?

Its a blessing that no one was injured ....

And count your blessing, Mr Tan !

• Praise 1

Vehicle No.: SGV5009U

Vehicle Type: L10 - For Instruction Motor Car

So ironically speaking this Mr Tan is a driving instructor. In the news he claimed that the car is his and he works as a "self-employed contractor".

If word gets out he can close shop liao.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

This makes no sense to me. If the amber light is made ridiculously short, then drivers will actually start slowing down on green just so they can be confident on stopping in time. This reduces traffic flow, increases frustration and the risk of accident.

If the amber light duration is increased, even if it means encroaching a little on the tail of the green light duration, it will mean people can maintain higher speeds on green so the net effect will be improved flow. The greater anticipation allowed by the longer amber will allow more room for reacting to the light and coming to a gradual stop.

I'm in favour of any measure that improves the ability of drivers to anticipate changing traffic conditions and signals. Increasing the buffer zone for the green-red change will drastically reduce the number of "genuine" cases where the traffic light is beaten "accidentally" with just a split second to spare because the driver cannot slow down safely (e.g. there is a tailgating car behind) or it just happens to be an "off day" for the driver. Those who are determined to blatantly and brazenly beat the light anyway will still do so, and the RLCs will capture them. For these chaps, I have no sympathy. The ones who adapt to the increased amber duration by taking even more liberties with the lights fall into this category (I think this is what you're worried about).

I'm not in favour of any measure that slows traffic down or simply advocating that everyone drive slower. Traffic here is dreadfully slow as it is.

Here's the bottom line: you have an opinion, and I have one. These are subjective. But there is objective research on this, and it advocates an amber light duration standard that Singapore falls short of (even with our speeds taken into account, as I mentioned earlier). Objective research should be respected and there should be a very good reason to disregard it. Revenue generation, "punishing drivers" etc. are not good reasons.

That's why last time learn manual instructor will tell u shift to gear 3 when coming to junction n prepare to stop. That SOP got nothing to Do with Amber or green. That being said, nowadays auto leow, people dunno how to control, cars also more powerful. Best thing is we have people mistook gas as brake pedal. See how bad our drivers standard have digressed :D
  • Praise 6

scrape that 3A driving licence and revert back to the norm , harder to pass  and driver probably will cherish their license more and drive carefully

That's why last time learn manual instructor will tell u shift to gear 3 when coming to junction n prepare to stop. That SOP got nothing to Do with Amber or green. That being said, nowadays auto leow, people dunno how to control, cars also more powerful. Best thing is we have people mistook gas as brake pedal. See how bad our drivers standard have digressed :D

• Praise 2

You mean regress?  MCFers famous for digressing into borderline NSFW content whenever got mention of char bor. [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

• Praise 2

This makes no sense to me. If the amber light is made ridiculously short, then drivers will actually start slowing down on green just so they can be confident on stopping in time. This reduces traffic flow, increases frustration and the risk of accident.

If the amber light duration is increased, even if it means encroaching a little on the tail of the green light duration, it will mean people can maintain higher speeds on green so the net effect will be improved flow. The greater anticipation allowed by the longer amber will allow more room for reacting to the light and coming to a gradual stop.

I'm in favour of any measure that improves the ability of drivers to anticipate changing traffic conditions and signals. Increasing the buffer zone for the green-red change will drastically reduce the number of "genuine" cases where the traffic light is beaten "accidentally" with just a split second to spare because the driver cannot slow down safely (e.g. there is a tailgating car behind) or it just happens to be an "off day" for the driver. Those who are determined to blatantly and brazenly beat the light anyway will still do so, and the RLCs will capture them. For these chaps, I have no sympathy. The ones who adapt to the increased amber duration by taking even more liberties with the lights fall into this category (I think this is what you're worried about).

I'm not in favour of any measure that slows traffic down or simply advocating that everyone drive slower. Traffic here is dreadfully slow as it is.

Here's the bottom line: you have an opinion, and I have one. These are subjective. But there is objective research on this, and it advocates an amber light duration standard that Singapore falls short of (even with our speeds taken into account, as I mentioned earlier). Objective research should be respected and there should be a very good reason to disregard it. Revenue generation, "punishing drivers" etc. are not good reasons.

My takeaway from the various opinions here is this;

- the transition from Green -> Amber -> Red is too short or the time is unknown.

- some people favor increasing the Amber period to allow cars to slow down safely

- others prefer a countdown timer to help evaluate time remaining

- some feel a countdown will encourage speeding to beat the light

While there are already visual clues on when a light turns red, even on roads that I'm familiar with, there have been instances when I've been caught braking hard to stop because the lights turned from Green to Red very quickly. That famous Lornie Rd for example. I've managed to stop and have been lucky no one ran into my back.

So yea.. a visual clue can help. But I don't favor the countdown. It's just too much information overload.

What I think the LTA can do cost-effectively... is rather than going from green to amber to red in one smooth motion, is;

- Green light for its prescribed time. Before change to amber,

- Green blinks three times and changes to Amber

- Amber blinks three or five times

- Red.

If someone beats this type of light.., he deserves to have his license pulled.

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 2

- the transition from Green -> Amber -> Red is too short or the time is unknown.

- some people favor increasing the Amber period to allow cars to slow down safely

While there are already visual clues on when a light turns red, even on roads that I'm familiar with, there have been instances when I've been caught braking hard to stop because the lights turned from Green to Red very quickly. That famous Lornie Rd for example. I've managed to stop and have been lucky no one ran into my back.

So yea.. a visual clue can help. But I don't favor the countdown. It's just too much information overload.

What I think the LTA can do cost-effectively... is rather than going from green to amber to red in one smooth motion, is;

- Red.

ðð¼

Blink here, blink there, next thing you know epileptic drivers are gonna start complaining. [rolleyes]. Singaporeans are blinking idiots, as the Bard would've put it. [laugh]

Just kidding, not a bad idea.

- Red.

• Praise 1

If blink too fast, useless. Blink too slow, most still will speed up. Blink just nice....er...thats the 2nd blink or 3rd blink or was that the green or amber that's blinking?

• Praise 2

- Red.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1