Singapore Reckless Drivers Videos part II

Jtb

in heavy traffic on both sides and with pedestrians on the side walk, i think we should just jam brakes and pray to stop in time when trying to prevent a collision

swerving shouldn't be an option even though with ABS, technically this is possible

right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's a right turning lane. He should be turning right instead of going straight.

Why he post video to incriminate himself ?

Its a right turn and go straight lane. Can see the arrows on the road in the beginning of video. 

• Praise 2

He's on the correct lane, only lane to either go ahead or turn right.....check out the video in the beginning. Car that bang into him assumed that the right lane was for turning.. rare to find lanes marked this way!

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Concerning the MBS Tower 1 accident, the red taxi supposedly move off from the hotel alight/pickup driveway. The accident took place just several meters after the alight/pickup driveway. If there were passengers onboard the red taxi, they surely have a terrible fright.

I like to attach 2 different screenshots from Google Maps showing the location.

wow, someone still on Honeycomb~Ice Cream Sandwich era? Ok ok I dont stray off topic

It's a right turning lane. He should be turning right instead of going straight.

Why he post video to incriminate himself ?

Taxi driver lane can go straight or turn right. Vezel lane only can go straight.

Great video otaku - I feel bad for that girl.

Too bad more and more road users are using handphones while driving. They will continue to do so until something serious happens. 

• Praise 3

Too bad more and more road users are using handphones while driving. They will continue to do so until something serious happens. 

Or if they die. :ph34r:

• Praise 2

the issue is not the $12, the incident, the gantry, his offer or any of that stuff, but mainly the way you treated the guy (and the fact that you mention it happened 5 years ago, but you can still tell us exactly what you did to the guy) 

yes, even if there's a mistake on their part, you can simply take down the details, keep your complimentary card and send them an email and take it from there.

throwing something on the floor, taking his photo and intimidating him for $12 says a lot about you.

treating someone like that does not make you a big man at all. in fact, IF I am correct (and this is my opinion), I am sure there might be quite a few people, in addition to myself, disgusted with your attitude and sense of self-entitlement. 

This reminds me of the Waiter Rule. One of those simple yet insightful quotes that worked for me in life.

CEOs say how you treat a waiter can predict a lot about character

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2006-04-14-ceos-waiter-rule_x.htm

"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter, or to others, is not a nice person."

"Watch out for people who have a situational value system, who can turn the charm on and off depending on the status of the person they are interacting with. Be especially wary of those who are rude to people perceived to be in subordinate roles."

• Praise 7

I may sound harsh, but I believe it is true.

A good number (not all) of Uber drivers have not been driving for some time or has little driving experience for one reason: they couldn't afford to buy a car until Uber came along to offer them a car to drive.

These drivers are FRESH on the road.

Govt LTA must make them pass a driving refresher and chauffering test b4 letting them on road. Do you all know that it's not easy to pass the taxi license test?

A less powerful engine doesn't make a car safer.

The person behind the wheel is the main factor. Add car reliability and maintainence. A 1.6l car is also smaller. We pay so much in taxi fares.. I want a decent ride in a comfortable car. Bring back the Toyota Crown..

More powerful engine driven by a taxi lao who always step on the wrong pedal even worse. A 2 litre car with no extra should be good.

Who still want to use handphone when driving? I reckon some may think we are always careful with that and won't happen to us. If you are one of them, think twice, thrice, 4x, 5x, ...... Make our roads safe for every user.
  • Praise 2

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/toddler-rammed-e-scooter-mbs-underwent-facial-surgery-injuries

girl_knocked_down_escooter_mbs_0.jpg?ito

<Credits: Bryan Loke>

Why does this keep happening, please scoot safe for others.
Story as of now - At MBS, girl was hit by suspected SW3 scooter with LED lighting during the Sunday late night.
She was hospitalised and underwent surgery on nose region.
Culprit unknown and still at large.

• Praise 5

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/toddler-rammed-e-scooter-mbs-underwent-facial-surgery-injuries

Story as of now - At MBS, girl was hit by suspected SW3 scooter with LED lighting during the Sunday late night.

Why is it suspected? Parents not watching her?

I hate to be proven right in this instance, and really don't want it to be in this manner...

Wake the F up lah, LTA. This is just the beginning - all because of some bloody short-sightedness policy change that was not  thoroughly thought though before implementation.

Edited by Atrecord
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1