Singapore Reckless Drivers Videos part II

Jtb

Hi guys. Need help here.

Just got into an accident. Reared by another car

My car had PPS done

Wanna ask after replacing the parts, can I claim for PPS also?

My car is barely 1 month old T_T

Edited by Naberios
↡ Advertisement

My blood will still boil when I watched this video although is was already a few years ago.

Just thinking the taxi driver's childrens have to live on a different life now because of this bloody idiot Ma-chi.

Paid for his mistake with his life. Leave the dead alone. His family also suffers.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If now was eighteen years ago... I would just cross red lights on quiet junctions when there's nobody around.... now, don't dare :ouch-it-hurts:

Hi guys. Need help here.
Just got into an accident. Reared by another car

My car had PPS done
Wanna ask after replacing the parts, can I claim for PPS also?
My car is barely 1 month old T_T

Ask your insurer and/or your PPS applicator.

Edited by 7hm

Did you know that the lights will not turn from green to red all of a sudden? It will turn amber first. So we will always know when the lights are turning red.

Sorry lah. When you are travelling at a fast speed and the green suddenly turns amber when you are just say 3,4 car lengths from the line, you will just go through or you will end up in the middle of the traffic junction.

Believe me these are not rare occurrence.

Sorry lah. When you are travelling at a fast speed and the green suddenly turns amber when you are just say 3,4 car lengths from the line, you will just go through or you will end up in the middle of the traffic junction.

If you are only 3-4 car lengths away from stop line and the light turns amber, shouldn't be a problem crossing the junction before it turns red. Don't understand what is the problem there.

i kiasi, never run before, even in wee hours when wife fetched me back from selarang camp at 4 am ~15 yr ago after one overseas reservist ex. Early morning, whole road no car, also didn't (dare to) run.

Agree that it's far better if everybody keeps within the rules - definitely safer to drive that way.

But in the case i cited, the gynae was rushing for delivery mah, so i was wondering whether he would have weighed and assessed the situation, and run the red light. 

Frankly, i believe most people might forgive him if he really did, but that is provided those people know the full background, and if it was completely safe (no pedestrians, vehicles, motorised bikes/scooters, etc. etc. that have remote chance of being endangered). 

The challenge is that his car is not an ambulance and there's no way any witness to it can understand the whole situation, and the result might be that others could emulate what he did and cause mayhem there or later. 

Good thing you are kiasi. I think it is the most dangerous when there isnt any cars around in the middle of the night coz we tend to let our guards down at that moment. There was once I was at woodlands link around wee hours of the night and a car was about to run red light thinking there were no cars around and didnt see my car was there. But luckily he braked half way and stopped in between the stop line. 

• Praise 1

What ...... <200 m GOT 2 RLC and you say got quite a distant ??

Anyway, they remove 1 after that lor, SG now got NO 2RLC within a space of <200m.

As for why PA PA run 2 red light .... I really not sure lor ......

You can drop him a message at [email protected] or FB SG-PAPA or Follow Twitter @SG-PAPA or website : SG-PAPA.com.sg

200 meter quite some distant why he run 2 red lights?

If you are only 3-4 car lengths away from stop line and the light turns amber, shouldn't be a problem crossing the junction before it turns red. Don't understand what is the problem there.

My point is : current green amber red system can be improved with the timer (pedestrian crossing type).

Not that it is not good, but it can be improved.

The amber light duration is actually too short in SG. The US (I think NTSB) has standards for amber light duration and SG falls way short.

Innocent ("honest") mistake or trying to increase revenue?

The amber light duration is actually too short in SG. The US (I think NTSB) has standards for amber light duration and SG falls way short.

Innocent ("honest") mistake or trying to increase revenue?

Maybe its because our speed limits here is lower? I don't know. Travelling within the speed limit, I never had to jam brake for red light or run through a red light before. If the car is speeding then maybe the results will be different.

• Praise 1

I understand hor ........ I also like that one.  But I have techniques I can share with you.  

Just tap brake when coming near the junction, it take out alot of speed and yet don't affect behind de,  tailgating are for pro one.  

Also look at the Green Red man lor, not the traffic light ma ....... Blinking Green man ....... got chance turning yellow very soon lor.  

• Praise 1

Maybe its because our speed limits here is lower? I don't know. Travelling within the speed limit, I never had to jam brake for red light or run through a red light before. If the car is speeding then maybe the results will be different.

Sorry it was the DoT and the ITE.

See this article: http://gizmodo.com/how-long-a-yellow-light-should-be-1647634895

Cities in the US cut down on the time to increase fine revenue. Never mind that it increases the chance of accidents.

US City speed limits are not significantly higher than here. Highway is a different matter.

Also, there are rumours that some red light cameras here can capture the speed of vehicles dashing through. That just sounds like a double whammy, and I don't think this improves safety at all.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

I read in this forum (link to 2011 post see post#7)  that drivers can use the painted arrows on the road before the junction as a guide. If you are travelling at the recommended speed, there will be sufficient time if there is only one arrow left when the light turns amber. If there is two arrows or more, then you may be 'caught'. At first I thought this was a crazy idea, having to look at so many things at the same time. However, I tested it and it seems to work. 

• Praise 1

I read in this forum (link to 2011 post see post#7)  that drivers can use the painted arrows on the road before the junction as a guide. If you are travelling at the recommended speed, there will be sufficient time if there is only one arrow left when the light turns amber. If there is two arrows or more, then you may be 'caught'. At first I thought this was a crazy idea, having to look at so many things at the same time. However, I tested it and it seems to work. 

That was already taught at driving schools back when I learnt driving.

↡ Advertisement