Singapore Reckless Drivers Videos part II

Jtb

ya...me too! Sometime the blinks duration very fast maybe 2-3 blinks then red liao! LTA should make the duration more uniform.

And then there are those junctions where the light turns red but the green arrow is significantly delayed in arriving. I mean - you *know* it's coming but can you (legally) go before the arrow is displayed?

What's worse, I'm always very afraid of being rear-ended by impatient people from behind who anticipate that green arrow and expect me to have kept going.

What is the legal thing to do here? Stop on red and wait a second or two for the green arrow to appear? Or just proceed even before it comes knowing full well it's coming?

Occasionally, traffic lights are reprogrammed to a new sequence so taking things for granted is also risky. But those "change in traffic light timing" signs have become so ubiquitous as to have become meaningless.

You buy this mini-bus... in no time, it will be vandalized ! :D

Rear licence plate gonna get unscrewed first. :D Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

And then there are those junctions where the light turns red but the green arrow is significantly delayed in arriving. I mean - you *know* it's coming but can you (legally) go before the arrow is displayed?

What's worse, I'm always very afraid of being rear-ended by impatient people from behind who anticipate that green arrow and expect me to have kept going.

What is the legal thing to do here? Stop on red and wait a second or two for the green arrow to appear? Or just proceed even before it comes knowing full well it's coming?

Occasionally, traffic lights are reprogrammed to a new sequence so taking things for granted is also risky. But those "change in traffic light timing" signs have become so ubiquitous as to have become meaningless.

Rear licence plate gonna get unscrewed first. :D

For junctions that i use everyday, I'll proceed normally before green right turn appear except when there's solid red right turn. For unfamiliar junctions, I'll creep forward as a signal to potential impatient drivers behind.

Some green right turn don't stay solid but immediately appear blinking 2-3 secs before red. First or third car still ok. Sometimes I'm second car then will have to quickly accelerate or sudden jam brake after realizing there's no solid turn right #&$@!.

Edited by Jellandross

I have the phobia of rear ended by the car from behind as too troublesome to do repairs regardless of the repairs is totally from the behind cars insurance.. Waste of time.

Nowadays have develope a habit of tap brake lightly (totally not enough to have any stopping effect) before turning first at junction just to warn the cars behind of possibility of me stopping

Some turning arrow appears and don't hold.. Then suddenly blink 3x and turn red. Enough for max 2 cars to turn

Most junctions have a magnectic loop to detect turning cars so that a longer timing right turn green arrow is given . If the turning car does not creep forward before turning , the loop fails to detect a turning vehicle resulting in the short green arrow phase .

• Praise 1

LTA sometime dont update motorist on new traffic light changes. When they 1st introduced the solid red/green right turn arrow everybody was confused as previously there was no red turn arrow and we could drive off as long as there is no oncoming vehicle. Initially i runned a few red turning right arrow when it was introduced back in the late 80s.....

I have the phobia of rear ended by the car from behind as too troublesome to do repairs regardless of the repairs is totally from the behind cars insurance.. Waste of time.

Nowadays have develope a habit of tap brake lightly (totally not enough to have any stopping effect) before turning first at junction just to warn the cars behind of possibility of me stopping

No point when the one behind is reading theory papers...

Some turning arrow appears and don't hold.. Then suddenly blink 3x and turn red. Enough for max 2 cars to turn

Only happens when there are no cars waiting to turn. Cars waiting to turn have to be on the trigger box area.
  • Praise 1