Toyota CHR vs Suzuki Vitara vs Honda Vezel X

dnumde

Toyota not launched yet lah. Earliest next year.

New Vitara is indeed downsized from last time to compete with Vezel/HR-V. Mazda CX-3 also coming soon this month.

What about qashqai? And xv?

This segment super competitive

Toyota not launched yet lah. Earliest next year.

New Vitara is indeed downsized from last time to compete with Vezel/HR-V. Mazda CX-3 also coming soon this month.

I see the current vitara no up.

I still love the grand vitara.. The name alone makes me fall in love

• Praise 2

What about qashqai? And xv?

This segment super competitive

I see the current vitara no up.

I still love the grand vitara.. The name alone makes me fall in love

Do you know if they will be bringing in the new grand vitara?

QQ, CX-3 are prices at 10-15k more.

That's why it is not on my shortlist.

2 other points though.

CH-R pricing isnt out but speculation price the 1.2 version at $115k,

While the Vitara have a sunroof. :)

I read somewhere that you can add a sunroof to vezel but I think you have to pay 30k more (if my memory serves me right).

Anyone gurus know what is the implication of CHR, Vitara and Vezel engine?

CHR engine seems to be smaller at 1.2

Vitara and Vezel seems to be both using 1.5 and 1.4 respectively.

Turbocharged
(edited)

CHR only 1.2? I tot they got a 1.8 variant? Not sure if a 1.2 can move such a big chunk unless its turbocharged.

As for suzuki vs vezel. The JDM engine or Honda is newer and better tech. Power delivery is better with fuel efficiency. Unless Suzuki start to bring in their boosterjet series of turbo engines, their engine is nothing to shout about.

Edited by Pocus

CHR only 1.2? I tot they got a 1.5 variant? Not sure if a 1.2 can move such a big chunk unless its turbocharged.

As for suzuki vs vezel. The JDM engine or Honda is newer and better tech. Power delivery is better with fuel efficiency. Unless Suzuki start to bring in their boosterjet series of turbo engines, their engine is nothing to shout about.

1.2T produces 189NM torque & 112HP.  I am not sure whether Thailand going to produce this engine or not.  Currently on in UK & Japan.

Turbocharged

1.2T produces 189NM torque & 112HP. I am not sure whether Thailand going to produce this engine or not. Currently on in UK & Japan.

Oh it's turbo. If BM is smart they will being in the 1.2T instead of the Thai made version with the usual 1.5l NZFE engine.

They should use the HRV vs Vezel trend as a case study.

Oh it's turbo. If BM is smart they will being in the 1.2T instead of the Thai made version with the usual 1.5l NZFE engine.

They should use the HRV vs Vezel trend as a case study.

Globally, both 1.2t and 2L was announced.

If Thailand don't get 1.2T, it is likely to be only 2L from Altis/Camry.

I like 1.2t as it has almost the same amount of torque as 2L with 40hp deficit only.

(edited)

Coming from my perspective ( We just bought a toyota and a honda recently) I say, Vezel. But find a good PI with reliable warrenty terms. (like a 3rd party servicing centre and not PI workshop)

my whys bulleted below

1. Toyota CHR not tried and tested in SG climate, unless you r getting few yrs down the road where it has gain some popularity, esle you and your new CHR will be the guinea pig for toyota.

2. many vezels on the road, so future good resale value. Also, a tried and tested model with many mods and parts readily available in open market. Join a forum dedicated to Vezel and you know why. EZ to "chng" asthetically

3. Back door of CHR, from pic looks NOT ergonomic. door release suit child friendly.. heck I would say not wrist friendly either. Maybe I won't give a F since I will be the main driver. But for family, you are looking to have many complaints and maybe multiple scratches from ignorant passengers.

4. pardon my language.. but "suzuki"...? never thought much about this brand. My 1st entry level hatch was between swift and fit, after a test drive it was FIT all the way. Swift feels underpowered, and there are not many suzukis on the road which caught my attention. But if your purpose is to go for a "rare/uncommon" car as opposed to Vezel. Then thats a different story altogether.

will add when I can think of.

Edited by Gingerdip
  • Praise 1

Go for Vezel. Though I like none of the car. But vezel looks mainstream as compare to other 2. I feel Vitara trying to act like Land Rover while Toyota trying very hard.

(edited)

Haha. Just the opposite, Im stalking the thread.

Fuel: 18km/L<

Boot space: Not major concern but must be able to load a few luggage la.

Interior size: Preferably higher car as I have abnormally long legs and long hours in sedan just doesnt feel comfy since I may be driving up North.

Reliability is a major factor for me.

I have faith in Japan brand and MIJ car is a plus

Vezel X: MIJ

Vitara : Hungary

T CH-R : ?

I think all 3 looks awesome to me and are Japan brand with great fuel efficiency.

And its all CUV so Im really stuck. Too bad pocket doesn't permits 3. Haha.

Based on your criteria, you missed out Mitsubishi ASX. (Oops just realise might not meet your fuel efficiency depending on how much city highway you are doing)

Edited by jg2000

Clutched

Vezel is too common.Vitara looks refreshing.No comments on the CHR as its not on our shores yet.

Vezel is 1.5 and the Vitara is 1.6 with the additional panoramic roof,although it is a bit pricier.Boot space i think vezel slightly bigger.

For me I would go for the vitara because of its dual tone colours and looks.There are just too many vezels on the road and also its not agent maintained. Just my point of view.

Early next year should be PI.

Europe will introduce Sep16.

CHR only will come to this part of the world end 2017 or early 2018

Vezel is too common.Vitara looks refreshing.No comments on the CHR as its not on our shores yet.

Vezel is 1.5 and the Vitara is 1.6 with the additional panoramic roof,although it is a bit pricier.Boot space i think vezel slightly bigger.

For me I would go for the vitara because of its dual tone colours and looks.There are just too many vezels on the road and also its not agent maintained. Just my point of view.ðð

Vezel is more spacious than vitara but it too commom.. Easily 3 or more in a single mscp. This translates to cheaper parts due to the demand but boring lah since almost everyone driving it

Vitara is really very cramp and the 2 tone makes it look like a mini wannabe.. Maybe they should bring in the single colour version for people who dont like 2 tone

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what 1.2Turbo meant exactly, but seems quite positive from the replies. Im guessing it's a pretty decent engine despite it being 1.2kcc.

I think Vezel will definitely be more economical when it comes to repairing since the parts should be more readily available. Plus I suppose it's boot and seat are more spacious.

The only thing that Vitara seems to outshine Vezel seems to be it's slightly bigger engine and sunroof which will cost a bomb on Vezel.

But I also heard sunroof may be problematic few years down the road because it may spoil because of our climate.

↡ Advertisement