Toyota CHR vs Suzuki Vitara vs Honda Vezel X

dnumde

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure what 1.2Turbo meant exactly, but seems quite positive from the replies. Im guessing it's a pretty decent engine despite it being 1.2kcc.

I think Vezel will definitely be more economical when it comes to repairing since the parts should be more readily available. Plus I suppose it's boot and seat are more spacious.

The only thing that Vitara seems to outshine Vezel seems to be it's slightly bigger engine and sunroof which will cost a bomb on Vezel.

But I also heard sunroof may be problematic few years down the road because it may spoil because of our climate.

You now have the option of the 2WD Vitara without the sunroof...

Should be slightly faster, more economical and cheaper to buy too. Closer match the the Vezel.

Thanks for all the contributions guys.

After weighing in all the responses, I settled with Vezel.

I checked out the MIJ HRV, Vezel, Vitara and also went down to look at Orlando.

Because they are priced the same except for HRV.

Orlando is 104 if you opt out from the 2 headrest monitor. Likewise Vezel and Vitara is 104 as well.

I didnt choose and wait for CHR for alot of reasons and largely because many PI spectaculate it to be 10k more than Vezel which I feel its not worth.

The reasons why I chose Vezel at the end is because...

1) 8 airbags, safety for my children cannot be compromise. And airbags cannot be add on later.

2) Cheaper than HRV

3) Pretty decent track record for the past 3 years with awesome fuel efficiency. Just have to find a reliable PI (those PI who are replacing the CBTA recently)

4) Very common - easy for parts and repair

5) Strong support group. They have their forum and FB group, a bunch of friebdly folks that are happy to help greenhorn like me.

6) MIJ

7) After looking at all the cars for awhile, I still feel Vezel looks better.

Nonetheless, the other cars have their pros as well.

Vitara feel really comfortable for me because it is surprisingly higher than the other 3. I feel that the boot space is comparable to Vezel

HRV have Honda own HU which I crave. Of course there is Kah support which give buyer piece of mind.

Orlando is a 7 seater MPV and the price is really competitive. The car feels solid as well.

CHR is a new model and it looks awesome.

*Was shocked when they release footage of the backseat at the Paris Motorshow last week. Not much headroom, legspace and the windows are pretty small.

Vezels is too boring.

Sorry to say. I find shuttle more of a head turner than the ubiquitous vezel.

I prefer Avensis than Shuttle. Too bad, no one bringing it in. Saw it in Japan and fell in love with it.

HksXDFkcH1sCEx8JBgAMERBYOzcjSgYcHAwGBFkC

• Praise 1

So I finally went to CM to check out the Vitara

At the showroom, rep said the turbo version is not available in Sg.

so anyway, I test drove the Vitara 4WD, looking more on how it drives on 4WD.

2modes for its 4WD

- Auto mode that has 60/40 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. This mode is suppose to more frugal mode.

- Sports mode that has 50/50 power distribution for FW/RW respectively. The, well should give you more traction and thus burns more fuel.

The sports mode is fun to drive, and good pick up from stationary, and can really feel the traction of all 4 wheels on the ground. Tyre profile is 215/55R17(comes with continental tyre) so there should be a great selection of tyres at affordable prices to play with grip/comfort.

during normal cruising on auto mode, exterior sound (from engine or road) is not loud to me.

Ride is smooth, firm and feels more like ride of continental cars.

Space wise, at a 1.8m, I find driver's seat and its Field of Vision very good. Even the rear seats have good legroom.

Only complain is that the engine (while rev-ing pretty responsively) does sound more strain when you get foot heavy as it goes up the gear ratio (of its 6speedAT). I didn't turn on radio during the ride so maybe if audio is on, you will feel less aware of engine noise.

The S-cross is said to have the same propulsion design, and drivetrain (for 4WD model) only diffrerence being its CVT model.

So maybe it will feel/sound more refine.

Exterior wise, the Vitara looks fun, youthful and definitely look better compared to most of Japanese sedans/SUVs.

CH-R hasn't come to Sg yet, but based on pictures, its fugly to me. How long people will (ever) accept its looks will determine its resale value don't you think?

As for Vezel, too many on the road. Road noise is definitely more noisy.

Ride wise, definitely not better than this Vitara.

If I were to get 1 of the 3 now, I will pick a Vitara 4WD.
  • Praise 2

Seen the CH-R several times. Still cant get over how small the cabin and boot space is.

Internal room space of CH-R will likely not go down well for many buyers

I'm driving the G spec LED CHR. Bought mine at a great price. one trip 1.5hrs and stuck in jam, the best FC clock is 27km/L. Boot space can deepen, rear seats roomier than it looks, good leg room, feet can stretch all the way under front seat, how cool is that? Ride feels superior whether driver, front passenger or rear passenger, I actually like the privacy at the rear.

The cost atm, if decent PI outperforms, outclass all other similar category SUV. Not a bais review, I have driven and or sat in most SUV to come to this conclusion.

Pro: Looks cool, good handling, hybrid FC (try beat my 27km/L record), good height, love the silver, choice of Eco, Normal or Sports mode. So you can have your cake and eat it too. Great suspension, comfortable, I prefer to seat rear when wife drive, I can read my emails, drink coffee, great original sound system, and quiet. (Except for some parts of highways where roads are bad, tires noisy) same problem even for the Benz.

Cons: PI without ready stock, or unreliable ones. Yes, few got con. S model or turbo, don't touch. A few K, for extra premium safety features and touches. Many colors unavailable due to high demand.

• Praise 1

I will definitely go for the CHR

The exterior of the Vitara totally no match among the 3. The interior is too crampy.

As for the Vezel, I dun wish to see others look at me as if I'm Uber/Grab driver..

Just like a taxi, is way too many on the road.

The design doesn't last. So is kind of outdated when you look at it now.

Edited by Toomuchtorque

I will definitely go for the CHR

The exterior of the Vitara totally no match among the 3. The interior is too crampy.

As for the Vezel, I dun wish to see others look at me as if I'm Uber/Grab driver..

Just like a taxi, is way too many on the road.

The design doesn't last. So is kind of outdated when you look at it now.

Cool, hope you get a good deal ASAP, any color in mind?

Cool, hope you get a good deal ASAP, any color in mind?

Haha sorry bro & sis.. Is just my humble opinion only.

I'm still driving an outdated liao pok chia..

But if you getting one more for me FOC.. Probably I will choose white

Edited by Toomuchtorque

Had a chance to sit the CHR today. Sorry, but really not my cup of tea. The inside really small - like sitting inside a Nissan note. And why are the rear windows so tiny? Don't know if I am sitting in a crossover or a police car. Lol. I would get a Vezel any time.

Had a chance to sit the CHR today. Sorry, but really not my cup of tea. The inside really small - like sitting inside a Nissan note. And why are the rear windows so tiny? Don't know if I am sitting in a crossover or a police car. Lol. I would get a Vezel any time.

CHR, Vezel, Qashqai. The new FL QQ looks good inside-out. 

↡ Advertisement