Remove Bad Smell In The Car

Titank

buy new car....got new car smell....want the new car smell to last..... how?

please do not say buy another new car...... [laugh]

hmm... you want the new car smell to last for 10 years? No problem, I got the perfect solution.

Park the car for 10 years and don't use it  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

hmm... you want the new car smell to last for 10 years? No problem, I got the perfect solution.

Park the car for 10 years and don't use it  [laugh]

the new car smell is from leather grooming...... groom leather should have the smell liao

the new car smell is from leather grooming...... groom leather should have the smell liao

why you here? i tot you in division and LR only

what if the car does not have leather?

Bought a charcoal deodorizer and left it in a corner. Within a few days, cabin smells fresher. Magic!

Can share which brand/item? Thanks!

• Praise 1

Can share which brand/item? Thanks!

$2 from Daiso, cheap cheap.. But caveat is my car was not very foul smelling. Someone use fruity hand lotion in my car and after that when starting engine the first blast of air got the fruity smell. Now it's greatly improved, don't smell it anymore!

I am quite amazed at how it works even though I simply left it in a corner of the car...

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 2

please cut MIL some slack, without them we dont get to marry their daughters...

btw, car boots are made for a reason too....

Can marry other daughters.

Just 2 days ago, my daughter spilled iced milo onto car mat in car, and now the car smell like garbage truck all the time despite wiping the stain away. Realised the spilled milo seeped into the bottom of car mat after the smell was detected, maybe that is why. Really feel like vomiting the first few minutes entering the car. Took out the car mat and washed, but the car still smell very badly without the car mat.

Would like to seek help from anyone with similar experience. This is not new car smell or normal aircon mildew problem. Many thanks for helping.

Just 2 days ago, my daughter spilled iced milo onto car mat in car, and now the car smell like garbage truck all the time despite wiping the stain away. Realised the spilled milo seeped into the bottom of car mat after the smell was detected, maybe that is why. Really feel like vomiting the first few minutes entering the car. Took out the car mat and washed, but the car still smell very badly without the car mat.

Would like to seek help from anyone with similar experience. This is not new car smell or normal aircon mildew problem. Many thanks for helping.

Try those coffee powder from provision shop. Not the 3 in 1 type. Those use by coffee shop.

Pandan leaf also will do.

Remember to wash clean the mat. Otherwise ant ant will has a new playground

• Praise 1

Try those coffee powder from provision shop. Not the 3 in 1 type. Those use by coffee shop.

Pandan leaf also will do.

Remember to wash clean the mat. Otherwise ant ant will has a new playground

Thanks for the advice.  [wave] 

Have tried the pandan leaves, totally no use for this case. 

Will try the coffee powder solution.

Some people dumped lots of green tea bag in the car trying to absorb the smell..

My way of dealing will be

1. Cleaned the carpet with a fabric cleaner first.. Spray it on, let it soak and clean..Redo again a few times.

2. Do not on your aircon for next one week. No choice because if you on it, the odour will re-circulate in the car.

3. Any opportunities to sun it, open up all the windows.

4. Get a sharp air-purifier with power bank or any external battery, leave it on in the car over the night. I realise this matter helps a lot.

5. The last thing is dump charcoal or coffee? or green tea bags to absorb the moisture.

6. Avoid using anymore perfume etc to mask the smell. It will make it worst only.

• Praise 2

Baking soda come into play.

• Praise 1

my wife car full of dog smell as she like to bring our dog to her auntie, mother house...

I use meguiar odor eliminator once every 2 months, and put yankee charming scents.

81ES7uuVVL._SX522_-450x450.jpg1517725.jpg

• Praise 3

my wife car full of dog smell as she like to bring our dog to her auntie, mother house...

I use meguiar odor eliminator once every 2 months, and put yankee charming scents.

That yankee bracelet can put pandora charm?

• Praise 1

That yankee bracelet can put pandora charm?

not sure, btw what is Pandora charm?

but that thing is noisy when your car travel on uneven road.

Use this air refresher too. But once every 6mths.
  • Praise 1