Remove Bad Smell In The Car

Titank

Strange after so many post nobody comes up with a checklist.

The most common bad odour coming from your car are...

1) Aircon air filter. If you have never change it after many years. Pls...pls pls replace it. If it's smelly means it's mouldy. Gross.

2) Car mats. If for many years you have not wash it. Pls wash them.

3) If you are a sweaty person and spend a lot of time in the car. Pls disinfect your car seat. Re-upholster it if possible. Or change the enitire seat. It's disgusting. All that butt sweat accumulating on the seat. Gross.

4) If you like to take meals on the go and eat in your car. Pls stop doing that. All that food smell. It's gross.

Edited by Watwheels

Strange after so many post nobody comes up with a checklist.

The most common bad odour coming from your car are...

1) Aircon air filter. If you have never change it after many years. Pls...pls pls replace it. If it's smelly means it's mouldy. Gross.

2) Car mats. If for many years you have not wash it. Pls wash them.

3) If you are a sweaty person and spend a lot of time in the car. Pls disinfect your car seat. Re-upholster it if possible. Or change the enitire seat. It's disgusting. All that butt sweat accumulating on the seat. Gross.

4) If you like to take meals on the go and eat in your car. Pls stop doing that. All that food smell. It's gross.

Great list which causes car to smell bad. I think another season is that wet getting inside the car soaked (from the heavy rain) and just neglecting to clean it on the day itself. 

my car aircon produced a stinking smell each time i on

during servicing i changed all the filters but still had the smell

so finally i went to do some professional fumigation at a shop in toh guan.

they pumped some gases through the exhaust and blasted the aircon. 

Surprisingly the semll is now gone. 25 dollars job.

Should have tried this intead of changing all my filters which did not really help

Any method to remove bad smell.

I had successfully removed bad smell in the car seat..

post-14834-0-06102700-1544186420_thumb.jpg

This is worth of try if someone vomited in the car seat and the smell is very difficult to get rid of.

Put these oxygen absorber and also charcoal bag in the seat that is affected by the vomit after cleaning and windup all windows, close the door and lock it. Next day go inside the car, the smell will clear a lot. Depending on how strong the smell is, if it is not that strong, one try will be enough. However if the smell is very strong, it may need many days of doing this to clear all the smell.

• Praise 1

I tried a product called "AirVidox". Worked like a charm at removing the cigarette smell in my 2012 Range Rover Sport. which smelt bloody horrendous. Took the smell away completely! Recommended it to my friend when she spilt milk all over her back seat, and it worked for her too! My car smells sooooo clean!

I tried a product called "AirVidox". Worked like a charm at removing the cigarette smell in my 2012 Range Rover Sport. which smelt bloody horrendous. Took the smell away completely! Recommended it to my friend when she spilt milk all over her back seat, and it worked for her too! My car smells sooooo clean!

Dont smoke in your car it's the best solution

Neutral Newbie

Dont smoke in your car it's the best solution

It was a used car, therefore the previous owner had smoked in the car. Which happens a lot when buying second-hand cars.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, my pet dog accidentally peed in the rear seat (my fault for not walking her earlier).

I used tissue to soak the urine from the seat (leather seat) and clean it. The next day when I came to the car, there was a strong smell. Can’t really pinpoint where the smell is coming from but it’s at the rear seat. Realised that some parts of the seat were made of fabric (those sections for the seat belt buckle and child seat Anchor Point). Suspect the urine might have gone to these fabric parts hence giving out the smell.

Tried the following:

1) vacuuming the area

2) fabreeze

3) baking soda on the seat overnight

4) charcoal deodarizer with fragrance gel

The first 3 did not help much. The deodorizer help in masking the smell (since it has fragrance) but I’m still able to smell the pungent smell now and then. I have tried spraying fabreeze on the suspected areas lots of times. But it doesn’t help much.

When open the car door, I can still smell abit of the pungent smell.

Is it possible that the urine might have seeped through the leather seat and hence the smell is coming from inside the leather? If that’s the case, any advice on how to remove the smell from the leather seat?

Thanks in advance. Anyway the car is only 4 months old

↡ Advertisement