Which workshop will remove rim and caliper to spray paint?

Aerosmith

i call all the famous ones and the freelancers one, all of them will not remove the tyre from the rim to respray. neither will they remove the calipers to spray.

i was wondering if anyone has a contact to a professional who can spray paint in that manner.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Why do you need to remove the tire? Professional painter will masked the tire & spray your rim. Just as good. I know places that can remove calipers. Pm me for details if interested.

i call all the famous ones and the freelancers one, all of them will not remove the tyre from the rim to respray. neither will they remove the calipers to spray.

i was wondering if anyone has a contact to a professional who can spray paint in that manner.

This one does.

http://kimhoeco.com/rims-reburshing-service/

I did my rims respray with them 3 weeks ago. I have tried those that didn't remove tyre, just wash, sand the surface and respray type and they lasted for 9 months only before paint chip starts to appear.

I hope this one last longer as it cost me 3 times more. Ha...

This one does.

http://kimhoeco.com/rims-reburshing-service/

I did my rims respray with them 3 weeks ago. I have tried those that didn't remove tyre, just wash, sand the surface and respray type and they lasted for 9 months only before paint chip starts to appear.

I hope this one last longer as it cost me 3 times more. Ha...

Hi,

We able to provide such service, as we have our own in house mechanic and painter with fully proper equip.

Do feel free to contact us to find out more.

Koh Guan Chua Workshop

176 Sin Ming Drive

Sin Ming Autocare

#02-04

Singapore 575721

Hi,

We able to provide such service, as we have our own in house mechanic and painter with fully proper equip.

Koh Guan Chua Workshop

176 Sin Ming Drive

Sin Ming Autocare

#02-04

Singapore 575721

What is the cost for 17 inch with Matt black or glossy black?

Currently on Matt black

Nasty Experience with Colour Rims (Freelance rim painter)

Finally got the time to sit down and share my nasty and unfortunate encounter with this freelance rim painter. So bros and sis, pardon my rant and i hope you will not encounter similar event.

So the story goes, i wanted to paint my rims black and saw Colour Rims advertisements on Carousell and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/colourrims/)   and decide to give him a buzz. The freelance painter goes by the name Ah pui (hp : 87404821). Realised he did my rims back in the days as Exotic Rims (its was a gd job) and engaged him to paint my rims on 17 Aug 2015 10am.

On the day itself, I was notified 0956hrs (accordingly to my chat log) a change in location (from upper boon Keng to Hougang). Its ok, i made a turn and give the benefit of doubt. Naturally he wasn’t on time but its also fine.  Received a message my rims are ready at around 1350hrs and i went to collect my car. It is a good job as expected. Nothing to complain about.  I also want to paint my engine cover and fuse box cover, i requested for a quote. We agreed on the price and delivery 3 days later and i left the place. Little did i know this was the start of my nightmare.

On 23 Aug (6 days later), i received a message from Ah pui asking me when do i want to collect my cover. Despite the message came 3 days later than expected, i was nice to him and told him that i wanted to spray another set of rims that coming weekend ( 4 Sept) and ask him to bring along the covers if possible. He agreed to it and of coz i was looking forward to see the covers. He did sent me pics of them and i must say they look good.

Ah Pui was late again on 4 Sept. However, when the car was ready for collection, he dropped me a message saying his staff drove his car away and the covers are in his car. He promised to deliver them to me that night after dinner. It wasn’t something urgent and hence i agreed. Waited till 11pm yet no call or message from him. It was finally ard 1am when the call came and told me he will deliver in 2 hrs time. Its frustrating esp on a sun when pple need to work the next time. Ah Pui eventually offered to sent it to me at my workplace at 1pm on Monday.

As you may guessed it right, no call came the next day 1pm. Long story short. I went to upper boon keng for more than 2 times since then and yet he has refused to return me my covers.  The last straw came when he promised to return my covers on 10 Sept at 3pm. On the day itself, he message me at around 2pm and claimed that Town Council came to the carpark and confiscated all his stuff including my cover. It was really frustrating dealing with him with all the lies and excuses but i went ahead and called town council to see if this is true. Jalan Besar Town Council responded and tell me they have not confiscated any of his stuff.

Till date, i have offered Ah pui numerous opportunities to resolve this matter. I will put a close to this matter once i have my covers back, regardless if they are painted or not but as you can imagine, i did not get them back (am not expecting to get them back now) .I am sure the bros and sis can imagine my frustration dealing with him. The matter has also been brought forward to Town Council as well as SPF for their attention. The biggest joke is that he responded on his facebook yesterday that he did not take my covers. Of coz this claim is swiftly squashed with a printscreen of our chat.

I will be happy to disclose all our chat logs if anyone (including ah pui) wants to clarify. so bros and sis, i hope you will not encounter such a unfortunate event when you are looking for someone to spray your stuff.

Anyway, for the second job on 4 Sept. It was a really sloppy job. He broke the logo on the wheelcap and these are the rims only after 2 weeks.

IMG-20160915-WA0008_zpsny1f88et.jpg

IMG-20160908-WA0002_zpsevvjdjmp.jpg

IMG-20160905-WA0000_zpsinnwm4wk.jpg

What is the cost for 17 inch with Matt black or glossy black?

Currently on Matt black

Hi, 

If spray exterior only is around $80-100/pcs

Rental of rim at $80-100 a set, including labours

If interior and exterior is $100-120/rim.

Thank you

Nasty Experience with Colour Rims (Freelance rim painter)

Finally got the time to sit down and share my nasty and unfortunate encounter with this freelance rim painter. So bros and sis, pardon my rant and i hope you will not encounter similar event.

So the story goes, i wanted to paint my rims black and saw Colour Rims advertisements on Carousell and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/colourrims/)   and decide to give him a buzz. The freelance painter goes by the name Ah pui (hp : 87404821). Realised he did my rims back in the days as Exotic Rims (its was a gd job) and engaged him to paint my rims on 17 Aug 2015 10am.

On the day itself, I was notified 0956hrs (accordingly to my chat log) a change in location (from upper boon Keng to Hougang). Its ok, i made a turn and give the benefit of doubt. Naturally he wasn’t on time but its also fine.  Received a message my rims are ready at around 1350hrs and i went to collect my car. It is a good job as expected. Nothing to complain about.  I also want to paint my engine cover and fuse box cover, i requested for a quote. We agreed on the price and delivery 3 days later and i left the place. Little did i know this was the start of my nightmare.

On 23 Aug (6 days later), i received a message from Ah pui asking me when do i want to collect my cover. Despite the message came 3 days later than expected, i was nice to him and told him that i wanted to spray another set of rims that coming weekend ( 4 Sept) and ask him to bring along the covers if possible. He agreed to it and of coz i was looking forward to see the covers. He did sent me pics of them and i must say they look good.

Ah Pui was late again on 4 Sept. However, when the car was ready for collection, he dropped me a message saying his staff drove his car away and the covers are in his car. He promised to deliver them to me that night after dinner. It wasn’t something urgent and hence i agreed. Waited till 11pm yet no call or message from him. It was finally ard 1am when the call came and told me he will deliver in 2 hrs time. Its frustrating esp on a sun when pple need to work the next time. Ah Pui eventually offered to sent it to me at my workplace at 1pm on Monday.

As you may guessed it right, no call came the next day 1pm. Long story short. I went to upper boon keng for more than 2 times since then and yet he has refused to return me my covers.  The last straw came when he promised to return my covers on 10 Sept at 3pm. On the day itself, he message me at around 2pm and claimed that Town Council came to the carpark and confiscated all his stuff including my cover. It was really frustrating dealing with him with all the lies and excuses but i went ahead and called town council to see if this is true. Jalan Besar Town Council responded and tell me they have not confiscated any of his stuff.

Till date, i have offered Ah pui numerous opportunities to resolve this matter. I will put a close to this matter once i have my covers back, regardless if they are painted or not but as you can imagine, i did not get them back (am not expecting to get them back now) .I am sure the bros and sis can imagine my frustration dealing with him. The matter has also been brought forward to Town Council as well as SPF for their attention. The biggest joke is that he responded on his facebook yesterday that he did not take my covers. Of coz this claim is swiftly squashed with a printscreen of our chat.

I will be happy to disclose all our chat logs if anyone (including ah pui) wants to clarify. so bros and sis, i hope you will not encounter such a unfortunate event when you are looking for someone to spray your stuff.

Anyway, for the second job on 4 Sept. It was a really sloppy job. He broke the logo on the wheelcap and these are the rims only after 2 weeks.

IMG-20160915-WA0008_zpsny1f88et.jpg

IMG-20160908-WA0002_zpsevvjdjmp.jpg

IMG-20160905-WA0000_zpsinnwm4wk.jpg

Bro, from the photos. It seem that he did not perform a full sand down for the paint to etch itself onto the rims.

This explains the peeling, unless this is Plastidip or Easyskin  [laugh]

Let and live, i think you can find another wheel cap else where  [confused]

Hi,

If spray exterior only is around $80-100/pcs

Rental of rim at $80-100 a set, including labours

If interior and exterior is $100-120/rim.

Thank you

Price at rim? Must be very big rim then.

Price at rim? Must be very big rim then.

Price base on 15-17 inch.

18-20 inch will be $120-150/rim

We provide quality workmanship, and spray both interior and exterior.

If you see the quote from JacksonKoh_172259, on 16 Sept 2016 - 3:21 PM

There are reasons they the paint peel easily.

We dont take corners in preparation stage.

From cleaning, sanding, 2k primer coat, repair to spray painting.

Material are using 2k primer coat and 2k paint.

Clear coat with High gloss clear coat.

Moreover, we strip it to bear rim to provide better coverage of paint on the rim. 

• Praise 1

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and the chrome segment at the back of the car, and wrapping of car handles.

On 7th Oct 2017, they promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres and back of car paint job. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Tom (name given by me for one of the staff) proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight.

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Tom tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Dick) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Dick then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Dick: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings.

Lying Dick knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault.

And just this morning, upon inspecting the back of the car in daylight, we saw that there were specks of dried paint all over. Husband brought the car down to another workshop for verification and they confirmed it is paint which we cannot remove ourselves. Now we’ll have to send the car for polishing. This is really atrocious service and end result.

Husband texted the boss of Midnight Customs to relay this new finding and he did not receive any response until he shared that he will be proceeding to Small Claims Tribunal. The boss then quickly called him to offer a full refund, but not without adding that the attempt to file our claim with Small Courts is pointless. If that’s the case then why not let us proceed? The boss also said we had to reach before 2pm to receive the refund. It was already 1.15pm.

We immediately set off to meet this ridiculous timeline only to receive a call from the boss mid-way that he will not be proceeding with the refund after all. It doesn’t end here. When we reiterated that we’ll be proceeding with our small claims submission, he again offered to refund us $100 instead and we finally managed to collect this refund from Tom. The boss never turned up. In all honesty, his words and actions so far truly speak volumes of his values and integrity as a business owner.

Use this workshop at your own risk.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Koh Guan Chua Workshop

176 Sin Ming Drive

Sin Ming Autocare

#02-04

Singapore 575721

How long will it take for 1 set of rims respray? Entire rim. Edited by Poohbor

How long will it take for 1 set of rims respray? Entire rim.

For entire rim respray, we remove to bear rim to have better finishing.

for more common car models, we able to provide a set of spare rims.

Downtime we need around 3 days.

2 days to preps and spray, another day to set dry before install tyre.

• Praise 1

I did my Rims spray with YSR Yas. He was a freelance and recently opened his own shop at kaki bukit. He removed my tyres to spray and gives good recommendations and advises. 

Also, I hard kerb rash after spraying for a few months, he was nice to just patch up for me without any cost. He's honest and his price is reasonable. (:

• Praise 1

Yas now have a shop? Damn he never update me.

I did my Rims spray with YSR Yas. He was a freelance and recently opened his own shop at kaki bukit. He removed my tyres to spray and gives good recommendations and advises. 

Also, I hard kerb rash after spraying for a few months, he was nice to just patch up for me without any cost. He's honest and his price is reasonable. (:

how long was the down time?

Yas now have a shop? Damn he never update me.

Just opened recently. haha. 

how long was the down time?

my 15" he took about 3-4 hours. but he was thorough and ensured it was done with profession. 

But its better if u enquire with him directly for better information. (: 

↡ Advertisement