Audison Prima AP8.9 BIT

SteveLim1969

Hi, anyone installed and has experience with Audison Prima AP8.9 BIT ?
Where did you go to have it installed, was the installer knowledgeable on doing the tuning and time callibration?
Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I'd also be interested in hearing some feedback about the AP8.9 BIT. I'm attracted by the features but am worried about the reports of poor reliability I've read online (including sgCarmart). And though I'd like to fiddle with the tuning myself, I'd like an installer to at least give me a solid initial setup.

If reliability is really an issue, I wonder if competitors such as the Helix DSP Pro or Eton DSP 8 CAn are any better.

I'd also be interested in hearing some feedback about the AP8.9 BIT. I'm attracted by the features but am worried about the reports of poor reliability I've read online (including sgCarmart). And though I'd like to fiddle with the tuning myself, I'd like an installer to at least give me a solid initial setup.

If reliability is really an issue, I wonder if competitors such as the Helix DSP Pro or Eton DSP 8 CAn are any better.

Get the mosconi uf u are worried.. For pure processor, there a are alot to choose from ground zero, helix, mosconi, alpine etc

Get the mosconi uf u are worried.. For pure processor, there a are alot to choose from ground zero, helix, mosconi, alpine etc

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for the heads up ð

I'm not looking for a pure processor, however.

The attraction of the Audison Prima AP8.9 BIT is the fact that it's an all-in-one DSP with integrated amp. And the only direct competitor I've managed to find is the Eton DSP 8 CAn, which seems to offer a little more power. But I can't find anyone here that carries the Eton.

The Mosconi DSP 6to8 and Helix DSP Pro are DSP only, no amp. For those looking for a hand-selected system of separates, that could be seen as a strength. But what I want is a single box I can add to my OEM Harmon Kardon system that sits late in the signal chain, doesn't screw with OEM HU functions such as voice commands, is small enough to tuck under a seat and, perhaps most importantly, doesn't tempt me to do further upgrades. I want to keep my stock speakers, HU, etc. I just want a single box to make them all work better, and that's the AP8.9 BIT's attraction. But there's no way I'm spending around $1.6k to have it break on me in 6 months.

Seems like you have not gone through all of mosconi's range of products.. Im sure they have something similar to what audison can offer.

Gladen one 60.8 dsp or D2 100.4 / 80.6 dsp

• Praise 1

Seems like you have not gone through all of mosconi's range of products.. Im sure they have something similar to what audison can offer.

Gladen one 60.8 dsp or D2 100.4 / 80.6 dsp

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You're right, the Mosconi Gladen One 60.8 DSP and D2 80.6 DSP both combine amps and DSP in a single box. I had no idea. The D2 is probably overkill for me but the One 60.8 DSP actually incorporates Mosconi's standalone 6to8 DSP and looks very interesting. I see that a few workshops here carry Mosconi, including Xtremez and ST Audio (which I've used before with okay results). Do you have any workshop recommendations, since you seem to know Mosconi well and have already helped me become a little bit more knowledgeable?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You're right, the Mosconi Gladen One 60.8 DSP and D2 80.6 DSP both combine amps and DSP in a single box. I had no idea. The D2 is probably overkill for me but the One 60.8 DSP actually incorporates Mosconi's standalone 6to8 DSP and looks very interesting. I see that a few workshops here carry Mosconi, including Xtremez and ST Audio (which I've used before with okay results). Do you have any workshop recommendations, since you seem to know Mosconi well and have already helped me become a little bit more knowledgeable?

You are welcome.. I frequent audio solution at ubi.. They have the mosconi range as well... Those shops u mentioned are alright too.

Neutral Newbie

I am interested in dsp too.

I have read that mosconi and audison dsp both hv hissing sound,this is unacceptable.

I hv also read that only the alpine dsp is clean no hissing sound.

I am interested in dsp too.

I have read that mosconi and audison dsp both hv hissing sound,this is unacceptable.

I hv also read that only the alpine dsp is clean no hissing sound.

You're interested in DSP only, or DSPs that have built-in amps?

Which Alpine model have you heard of that's supposed to have no hiss, etc?

not sure about other brand, but my Audison 8.9 no hissing sound.

Those stay around north can arrange with me I can arrange audition with my simple setup.

Audison Prima FORZA AP F8.9 bit is out but seems nobody is discussing it yet. Thinking to upgrade to this smaller size yet powerful amps + DSP. Is this available in Singapore yet?

Audison Prima FORZA AP F8.9 bit is out but seems nobody is discussing it yet. Thinking to upgrade to this smaller size yet powerful amps + DSP. Is this available in Singapore yet?

Yup F8.9 is available in most of the ICE store already. Was looking at it too. Thinking if it’s worth an upgrade for my assisting AP8.9
↡ Advertisement